General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/08, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
For what a factory Shaker 1000 ? I'm guessing or aftermaket if not me I may know of a few takers of course how much & any details. Thanks
Nope. It's all aftermarket. I'm selling it all for $250 plus shipping. Here's the link to the ad with pics and tech specs.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=468764

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Borrow Leo's DRs, practice launching with them, and womp on that R/T.
All those mods he has doesn't mean squat if he can't get traction... right Leo?

Don't hold out for my schedule, you got like 5 guys willing to spill blood for you.
I've got no problem letting you borrow the DR's for that night.

OK then how's the weekend of the 19 or the 26 sound?

Originally Posted by StangMahn
do tell, I've wondered about that C/T for a while

have you tried looking in a junkyard, if you're looking for the stock head, maybe you can find a totalled car, and get the heads?

a .44 for some mice, overkill?

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/9/08 at 03:08 PM.
Old 7/9/08, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I've got no problem letting you borrow the DR's for that night.

OK then how's the weekend of the 19 or the 26 sound?

Luis, without DRs and at least a tune, you're DOOOoooooooooMMMED. IMO.

The only way would be to DRILL him on the lights and absolutely nail every shift and hope he's not as good as you. In other words the driver is gonna have to make up for what the car can't do. If he's on his game, it ain't gonna be pretty.

P.S. if you do get the DRs at least un-hook the front sway bar, maybe some better weight transfer will lend a little help.

Leo,
Hate to be a wet-blanket... but All of July is out for me. I have to spend as much time as I can to move. Granted you probably have more than enough people to help out, I can't be one of them if it's in July. Sorry
Old 7/9/08, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
....I think the mice would have vaporized.
Old 7/9/08, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

This looks familiar...

Old 7/9/08, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
This looks familiar...

I think I know the guy who took those pics! I think you'll have to start watermarking your pics jed!

I'm open for any weekend except for this one coming up..

Well I have news on my job for once... I have a interview for that QC job this morning.....
Old 7/9/08, 07:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Thought I would share this with the group to hear thoughts/suggestions/comments ...

Originally Posted by habu
Luis, without DRs and at least a tune, you're DOOOoooooooooMMMED. IMO.
Maybe I'm wrong but, doesnt the charger/300/ect way a ton? like 4200lbs+ I think you can take him
Old 7/9/08, 07:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
LUIS...
Get a tune, CAI and Leo's tires and go for it.
With a tune and DRs you should have him.
Old 7/9/08, 07:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Eat your Wheaties for breakfast and some spinach for lunch, and race him that afternoon.
Old 7/9/08, 08:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo,
Hate to be a wet-blanket... but All of July is out for me. I have to spend as much time as I can to move. Granted you probably have more than enough people to help out, I can't be one of them if it's in July. Sorry
It's cool man you've got stuff to do. So when will you actually have the headers in your possesion?

Originally Posted by USMC0341
I think I know the guy who took those pics! I think you'll have to start watermarking your pics jed!

I'm open for any weekend except for this one coming up..

Well I have news on my job for once... I have a interview for that QC job this morning.....
Good luck. So if you get that job will you have a day shift?

Maybe I'm wrong but, doesnt the charger/300/ect way a ton? like 4200lbs+ I think you can take him
It does weigh alot but I think the R/T has 360 stock plus that dudes got all the other mods. If it were stock to stock I'd say it's a drivers race. But as it stands now Luis is on the losing end unless all of the stuff Brian mentions happens.
Old 7/9/08, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
Eat your Wheaties for breakfast and some spinach for lunch, and race him that afternoon.

It's cool man you've got stuff to do. So when will you actually have the headers in your possesion?
As soon as I do I'll let you know. To be completely honest I've been so busy at work I haven't had the chance to call 281 this week. Tomorrow should be kinda dead so I'll do it first thing.
Good luck. So if you get that job will you have a day shift?
Yeah Good Luck George !!! hopefully it's more $$$$ too, I hear something from Bowling Green calling your name.

It does weigh alot but I think the R/T has 360 stock plus that dudes got all the other mods. If it were stock to stock I'd say it's a drivers race. But as it stands now Luis is on the losing end unless all of the stuff Brian mentions happens.
Exactly. I think stock they're pigs but the dude seems to have done a coupla things so that tips the scale away from the Stang. Hey Luis.... If I get some bedhed think we can convince him I'm you and race him with mine ????

Have I mentioned that I HATE moving ? I get to do some spring/yearly cleaning so that's good but man what a serious PITA. I swear the next time I move it's going to be to a house and that'll be it. Get one before I get married so I don't have to give one away to the next chick I sleep with.

Last edited by habu; 7/9/08 at 09:25 PM.
Old 7/9/08, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No rush on the headers Brian. Yeah moving sucks. I've been lucky that the times I've had to move the military has paid for movers to come out and pack up all my crap. Just unpacking it all was enough for me can't imagine having to pack everything up and carry it out.

Boredom update......

Yesterday and Today have been great. Mainly because I went out drinking yesterday and did again tonight all though I took it easy today.

Funny story. Last night started drinking around 5 untill about 11. Keep in mind I didn't eat anything all day except for some M&M's and soda. Let's just say I was as wasted as I've been in many years. All the times we've drank don't compare to yesterday. I was out of it. So much in fact I was praying to the porcelain god. Well not really cause I didn't make it that far. Long story short I puked all over a wall in the bar. Thank god nobody noticed. Looked like the wall had flames. So to top it off I go to work this morning with a killer hangover. Not fun. Halfway through the day the I notice that the side of one of my shoes has puke on it. Good thing it was on the inner side of the shoe. Anyways just thought I'd share.
Old 7/9/08, 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

No rush on the headers Brian. Yeah moving sucks. I've been lucky that the times I've had to move the military has paid for movers to come out and pack up all my crap. Just unpacking it all was enough for me can't imagine having to pack everything up and carry it out.

Boredom update......

Yesterday and Today have been great. Mainly because I went out drinking yesterday and did again tonight all though I took it easy today.

Funny story. Last night started drinking around 5 untill about 11. Keep in mind I didn't eat anything all day except for some M&M's and soda. Let's just say I was as wasted as I've been in many years. All the times we've drank don't compare to yesterday. I was out of it. So much in fact I was praying to the porcelain god. Well not really cause I didn't make it that far. Long story short I puked all over a wall in the bar. Thank god nobody noticed. Looked like the wall had flames. So to top it off I go to work this morning with a killer hangover. Not fun. Halfway through the day the I notice that the side of one of my shoes has puke on it. Good thing it was on the inner side of the shoe. Anyways just thought I'd share.

a-HAHAHAHAHA That made my night. Sorry for laughing at your misery, but that's pretty funny. So dumb question here, why is it so boring at your job. It seems weird/stupid to hire someone to do nothing all day. If the pay good, are they looking for people
Old 7/9/08, 11:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oh... so why do you hate Blue Moon now ?
Old 7/9/08, 11:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

a-HAHAHAHAHA That made my night. Sorry for laughing at your misery, but that's pretty funny. So dumb question here, why is it so boring at your job. It seems weird/stupid to hire someone to do nothing all day. If the pay good, are they looking for people
Well the problem was that I started the week before the 4th of July weeekend so alot of people were on vacation so there was really no one to train me. That trend continued Monday and Tuesday as alot of people were still gone. Finally yesterday and today have picked up and I've actually had some work. Today was probably my best day at work so far. So hopfully the trend continues.
Old 7/9/08, 11:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh... so why do you hate Blue Moon now ?
Because I found out it was a Canadian beer advertised as a German beer. Plus the fact you told me Coors makes it. I should've figured there's a reason why most bars would have it on tap. I'll still drink it and all but it lost it's allure.

It's like meeting a chick with a big rack only to find out later that night it was all bra padding. You'll still go through with it but it's just not the same.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/9/08 at 11:38 PM.
Old 7/9/08, 11:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Because I found out it was a Canadian beer advertised as a German beer. Plus the fact you told me Coors makes it. I should've figured there's a reason why most bars would have it on tap. I'll still drink it and all but it lost it's allure.

It's like meeting a chick with a big rack only to find out later that night it was all bra padding. You'll still go through with it but it's just not the same.
It's Canadian now ?? hmmm. didn't know that. Coors owns it and at one time it was a soley independant operation from fizzy yellow ****... I mean Coors. All that could have changed.

Hoegaarden wasn't as available as it is now and that's ALWAYS perferred. Another one that is very close is Lost Coasts Great White. Small Brewery from Nor Cal. It's pretty good. Sam Adams makes one I think it's just called White Ale and the best besides Hoegaarden is New Belguim Sunshine Wheat. With Fat Tire finally (been drinking and asking when is it coming out to CA since 98) out in CA we might be able to get Sunshine Wheat. Ask the Bevmo guys about it. The one in Brea says that you basically have to be there when the truck arrives otherwise it's gone. Worth the effort, IMO. **** just remembered Mothership Wit by newbelguim. It's pretty close to Hoegaarden and more in the Wit Bier style. Sunshine is a straight up wheat beer with coriander and orange peel. To be honest if I had to pick between the three I don't know which I'd choose.

Glad to hear work is picking up. Starting during a holiday and when people are off is a *****.

Last edited by habu; 7/9/08 at 11:53 PM.
Old 7/9/08, 11:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well ok then "I" had an intermission.
Pics?
Better late than never a few picts for the Peeps on Saturday...

Peeps at Islands we were full but somehow more beer fit

Luis & Ray. Luis is that the hair style of a racer? Mopar!

TacoBill & Pam chillin...

Chris & Leo, Leo in a pre-raw state RAW

The Jed & Leo

Brew...

Off to BevMo we possed with the X rated girl...

Off to Golden Spoon much better then that crap they serve at Pink Berry

Good times!

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 7/9/08 at 11:51 PM.
Old 7/9/08, 11:53 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck George Does that mean day shift?

Originally Posted by tom281

Exactly. I think stock they're pigs but the dude seems to have done a coupla things so that tips the scale away from the Stang. Hey Luis.... If I get some bedhed think we can convince him I'm you and race him with mine ???? :
Oh that would be hilarious.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys. It was pretty much what I figured. I was sure it was going to be a driver's race until he snuck in the long tubes. Should be fun I'll keep you guys updated. Time to learn launching
Old 7/9/08, 11:56 PM
Cobra Member

pics Jed. Sure was fun... especially when we where supposed to be "resting"

Great ice cream. You guys have me hooked
Old 7/9/08, 11:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's Canadian now ?? hmmm. didn't know that. Coors owns it and at one time it was a soley independant operation from fizzy yellow ****... I mean Coors. All that could have changed.

Hoegaarden wasn't as available as it is now and that's ALWAYS perferred. Another one that is very close is Lost Coasts Great White. Small Brewery from Nor Cal. It's pretty good. Sam Adams makes one I think it's just called White Ale and the best besides Hoegaarden is New Belguim Sunshine Wheat. With Fat Tire finally (been drinking and asking when is it coming out to CA since 98) out in CA we might be able to get Sunshine Wheat. Ask the Bevmo guys about it. The one in Brea says that you basically have to be there when the truck arrives otherwise it's gone. Worth the effort, IMO. **** just remembered Mothership Wit by newbelguim. It's pretty close to Hoegaarden and more in the Wit Bier style. Sunshine is a straight up wheat beer with coriander and orange peel. To be honest if I had to pick between the three I don't know which I'd choose.

Glad to hear work is picking up. Starting during a holiday and when people are off is a *****.
Yup the bottle says Brewed in Toronto, Canada. I've tried that Great white stuff wasn't a fan. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the Sunshine wheat and Mothership Wit. At Yardhouse the other night we had Spaten Optimator and I liked that. Hands down the Hoegarden is my bev of choice.

Jed- Did you guys check that thing for an adams apple. That chick looks like she got beat with the ugly stick. No pics of the "RAW" stage?

FYI-Those of you not in the know about "RAW" let's just say it's a line I cross later in the night once I'm well lubricated. It's like Bruce Banner/Hulk kind of thing. RAW isn't for the faint of heart.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/10/08 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)