General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/06, 10:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
The same thing I got for being post #1000... and now #2000... absolutely nothing.
For us...

Old 8/6/06, 10:24 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay for us!

Let them take the vert! HA! They're lucky they get to walk between the two Mustangs in the garage!
Old 8/6/06, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
HELL YEA !! I would much rather see Susan's trunk than Tom's
I think Susan left the country
Nope - you guys can't get rid of me that easily!
Old 8/6/06, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I was sitting at a red light about to make a right hand turn and a guy making a left hand turn from across the street lost control of his car, slid through the intersection (probably trying to beat the turn arrow), and clipped my front end. Smashed in my fender and bumper and knocked the alignment all out of whack.
WHAT?!?! Your car's not a virgin anymore?? Edit: WHEW!!!

Sorry to be MIA. Alot going on. Registered Katie for (high) school on Tuesday. San Antonio for a client Friday, lots of working in between, dieting (eating "right") and a 2-hour workout here and there in between building the house.

It's fun to have 6 pages of posts to catch up on, along with links to ebay, other posts, videos, pics, etc. I really want to convert my car to the GT500 after seeing the grabber orange (congrats, Bill, BTW).

Before and after pics are cool. I should take some of mine...oh, wait... not much difference. Daryl, what do you think about putting the before/after for each car on the first page?

Technical question for y'all - how long did you say I have to wait before applying Zaino to the fresh paint? Really need to wash and clean my car - but at 101 before heat index, it's a dreadful task.

I have other news, but I'll PM y'all...
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-07.17.06-checkerboard-wall-stain-002smaller.jpg  
Old 8/6/06, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Before and after pics are cool. I should take some of mine...oh, wait... not much difference. Daryl, what do you think about putting the before/after for each car on the first page?
I might just do that .

Technical question for y'all - how long did you say I have to wait before applying Zaino to the fresh paint?
At least 30-60 days.
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Huh, we'?
Daryl went on a date...
PLewww, what the HELL is a date? We don't even want to get into HOW long it's been since I have been on a date
Tom is correct, my date for that afternoon, as always, was my son.
Old 8/6/06, 08:32 PM

... dieting (eating "right") ...
Good for you, Girl!

I wish I always had the dicipline to eat right. Me:

... I really want to convert my car to the GT500 after seeing the grabber orange (congrats, Bill, BTW).
Here's one to bookmark for ya! It's not a vert, but the part numbers and prices should apply.

And thank you! Chris and I worked hard getting it show ready (okay, mostly me! )

Technical question for y'all - how long did you say I have to wait before applying Zaino to the fresh paint?
When I had my chin spoiler painted, my painter told me 2 weeks, but I think I waited almost 4. I would suggest going with Daryl's 30 day to be on the safe side.
Old 8/6/06, 08:33 PM

Tom is correct, my date for that afternoon, as always, was my son.
So, which was it? Ant Bully or Monster House?
Old 8/6/06, 08:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So, which was it? Ant Bully or Monster House?
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 : Dead Man's Chest.
He watches most of the kid movies with the daycare and the more, shall we say adult shows with me. I usually enjoy the kids shows more than he does.
Old 8/6/06, 08:44 PM

My Marina Del Rey day trip

It was extremely fun!

Just me and the wife. Had a great drive, walk, and lunch at El Toritos, with of course, a Mango Margarita!

Funny, had a guy ride his bike up to me as I was putting the car cover on and asked what new model it was!! Of course, I told him that it was 'just' a GT with a few modifications.

Low fuel warning came on during the trip back home. Only 38 miles to empty! This is good news as my next trip to the gas station will be for some kicked-up 91 Octane, baby!

Here's a few pics from today.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-mdr001.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-mdr002.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-mdr003.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-mdr004.jpg  
Old 8/6/06, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

sounds like a fun day, Bill! I meant to say thanks for the email back when you posted old 'stang pics. All of my old pics are in storage (for the last 18 months, I think), but when we move, I'll get them out and scan a couple for y'all. I think I have one or two of the Barbie Mobile (my white '89 vert), and I know I have one of Prom Night in '85 with my then-boyfriend, later-husband and Katie's dad, now-ex-husband in his 84 1/2 GT coupe. That was the beginning of my pony addiction. So, look for the pics in about a month!
Old 8/6/06, 09:12 PM

sounds like a fun day, Bill!
Yupper, it was fun! Not use to the stares I get now rolling down the freeway in the GT, but I think I can used to it!

In a way, today was my 'pre-vacation'. We're headed to the Big Island of Hawaii on the 16th for a week. Can't wait for this one!

Oh don't worry, I'll bring along the iBook so I can torture y'all with pics of me in Hawaii!

I meant to say thanks for the email back when you posted old 'stang pics... and I know I have one of Prom Night in '85
Can't wait for these! Susan back in '85... lookin' hot next to a 84 Mustang!
Old 8/6/06, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I know I have one of Prom Night in '85 with my then-boyfriend, later-husband and Katie's dad, now-ex-husband in his 84 1/2 GT coupe. That was the beginning of my pony addiction.
Prom Night or the Stang ?
Old 8/6/06, 09:16 PM

Prom Night or the Stang ?
Daryl, you're too much!!!!

Hey everyone, we have to hook up Daryl!
Old 8/6/06, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

....a Mango Margarita!.
Sorry, just like fish tacos, I would never understand the need for mango in a margarita!
Old 8/7/06, 05:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just me and the wife. Had a great drive, walk, and lunch at El Toritos, with of course, a Mango Margarita!
You drove your Mustang after you had been drinking ?
Old 8/7/06, 07:50 AM
GTR Member

How does Susan stay away so long? I can't keep up from being gone for 1 day! (I actually had to work at work yesterday and had no time for the internet )
Old 8/7/06, 07:59 AM

You drove your Mustang after you had been drinking ?
Don't worry, we shared the 1 drink and to boot, we didn't even finish it!

I'm more cautious than the regular Joe when it comes to driving boozed up, especially when I'm in the Mustang. I had one local cop stare me down on the way to Fishermans Village either waiting for me to screw up so he can pull me over OR he was just admiring the GT!
Old 8/7/06, 08:01 AM

How does Susan stay away so long? I can't keep up from being gone for 1 day!
That's why I'm toting along the iBook next week when I go on vacation. Did I mention Hawaii? (Hehehe!)
Old 8/7/06, 08:27 AM
GTR Member

That's why I'm toting along the iBook next week when I go on vacation. Did I mention Hawaii? (Hehehe!)
I believe I did read that! Lucky! I want hula girl pictures!!

Cool! Just got invited to my first TMS meet!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50434
Old 8/7/06, 08:30 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well , here I go again living in the past. Yesterday I found where to get the tires I allways wanted , but they don`t make them in the size for the stang. I posted in another NG about the 60`s tires from the early 1970`s and put up a pic of my old Charger showing the tires and wheels. Then I went straight to memory lane , and got the Idea to take a pic of the stang at the same spot as the charger. A little different as 31 years have passed in my old neighorhood. Also I recieved my take-offs from Saleen , that only cost me $526 w/shiping. So now I have 2 full sets of tires and rims on the cheap. Anyhoo I thought y`all might be interestd in a peek of the pics.........................Attachment 6683

Attachment 6684
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-gatetree5-1.jpg  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)