General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/06, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Welcome, AZ!

Is that a California Special I see?? You need to start a free PhotoBucket account so you can post more pics of your car for us!

That's the theme I was going to go for... two-tone chin spoiler, hood scoop, side scoops, body side stripe, etc.

But, the shaker kinda set the tone for the Mach 1 style - black chin spoiler, black wing, hood and rocker stripes, etc.

Why don't you have a hood scoop... didn't all the California Specials come with one? (Now that you don't have one, it gives you an excuse to become part of the "Shaker Club"!)
Hello 89trooper! I have been here a few weeks now, mostly posting in the
GT/CS thread. What can I say, I caught sight of the famous "Long Beach CA" sneak photo's and had to have the white/black vert combo. The hood scoop comes with the GT appearence package which I thought I ordered but did not come with. At this point, I don't mind, having gotten used to the unobstructed hood view. The exhaust tips are upgraded and the dealer added the pony engine cover for free. So, I have 66% of a Gt appearence package. Thx for advice on the photobucket, I will look into it!
Thanks for your email, have a great weekend!
Old 8/18/06, 07:01 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Hello 89trooper! I have been here a few weeks now, mostly posting in the
GT/CS thread. What can I say, I caught sight of the famous "Long Beach CA" sneak photo's and had to have the white/black vert combo. The hood scoop comes with the GT appearence package which I thought I ordered but did not come with. At this point, I don't mind, having gotten used to the unobstructed hood view. The exhaust tips are upgraded and the dealer added the pony engine cover for free. So, I have 66% of a Gt appearence package. Thx for advice on the photobucket, I will look into it!
Thanks for your email, have a great weekend!
Make sure you subscribe to this thread... there's a lot of good info here! Daryl, Bill, Susan, and I started it as a sequel to "Ponies on Order" from when we ordered our cars at the beginning of the year and were "patiently" waiting for them. Then we picked up a few regulars along the way... Mike #1, Mike #2, Karman, etc.

I would have DEFINITELY ordered a GT/CS if available in 2006! You should ask about them getting you the hood scoop... you should already have the holes in your under-hood insulation cut out! Nah! I think you should think about a shaker... the black scoop would look awesome with your black/white color scheme!

P.S. We need a name!
Old 8/18/06, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Ha Ha - good one on the alarms. You guys are having to much fun with that stang!
Greg. Check out the first page as well, lots of bookmarks there and more to come.
Definitely need a sHaKer for that baby , she looks great
Old 8/18/06, 10:40 PM
GTR Member

Not sure if I posted this before, but you don't get wet with the top down in a downpour as long as you are going 60+ MPH.

I left work tonight and it felt cool and looked clear, so I put down the top. Halfway home it started to pour. I kept checking the backseat... and no drops, so I kept going. It let up for a minute, so I pulled over to put up the top.

When I got home there was a light mist on the dashboard and seats (thank god for leather) but that was it... nothing really wet. So I wiped down everything and at least I have a clean interior now!!
Old 8/18/06, 10:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I finally got my car back from the dealership and it looks like they finally did the paint job correctly. After getting home I installed my CDC sequetials and I have to say they're almost identical to the webelectric ones. Sorry I don't have any pics right now but i'll post some soon. FYI install is easy except if you have the shaker 1000 in your trunk. They say you don't have to remove the sub and I didn't but man was it a PITA. It probably would have been faster if I had. I'll be installing my cdc hood struts monday an will post pics then. Now time to decide what my next mod should be. I'm doing all cosmetic mods first if you haven't noticed. I promise I'll have my sig links completed by next week.
Old 8/18/06, 10:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well I finally got my car back from the dealership and it looks like they finally did the paint job correctly. After getting home I installed my CDC sequetials and I have to say they're almost identical to the webelectric ones. Sorry I don't have any pics right now but i'll post some soon. FYI install is easy except if you have the shaker 1000 in your trunk. They say you don't have to remove the sub and I didn't but man was it a PITA. It probably would have been faster if I had. I'll be installing my cdc hood struts monday an will post pics then. Now time to decide what my next mod should be. I'm doing all cosmetic mods first if you haven't noticed. I promise I'll have my sig links completed by next week.
Looking forward to the pics!

This was supposed to be an "all cosmetic mod" car this time for me. Except for the flowmasters for the sound (they are somewhat cosmetic because of the rolled tips). And the shaker is mostly cosmetic except for the high-flow air filter. But, other than that, I've kept to my word.

But, now I have to buy a tuner, so I guess I'm going to have ONE performance mod. It is kinda necessary, though. The drive-by-wire lag is starting to get really annoying!
Old 8/18/06, 11:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ditto on your last post 89. As you can see in my sig I've got the flows and shaker like you said though mainly cosmetic. I've also slipped on my only cosmetic. Only because I couldn't pass up saving over $100 on a K&N intake from another tms member. Other than that though I don't plan on doing anything performance wise until i'm done with the cosmetic. So far this is my priority list Exterior, Interior, Performance, and then last but not least cosmetics for the engine.
Old 8/19/06, 07:02 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Greg! Everyone!

Been BUSY! Freakin 100 + degrees is killin me at the Airport , but I`ll live.
Just ordered my Quarter window scoops. And like was just said , I gotta get a tuner for the throttle lag , even if thats the only thing I tune it for. Also gonna order the Shelby parts for the passenger seat to become powered , only bout $500. Gotta save up some Kale............
Old 8/19/06, 07:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Howzit?

Just had a minute to drop in to see what's going on...

I've never seen so many new Mustangs on the road than here in Hawaii, at least 5-10 a day! They're all the same, V6 Verts, but I see them in a variety of colors which is pretty cool.

I even spotted a few GT coupes!

I wish I had mine here...
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0441m.jpg  
Old 8/19/06, 07:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Howzit?

Just had a minute to drop in to see what's going on...

I've never seen so many new Mustangs on the road than here in Hawaii, at least 5-10 a day! They're all the same, V6 Verts, but I see them in a variety of colors which is pretty cool.

I even spotted a few GT coupes!

I wish I had mine here...
Yeah my Mom and Dad just got back from my uncles house there and they said all the rental verts stay there. Its easier and cheaper to just sell them on the islands than to send them stateside when they dump them.
Old 8/19/06, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by karman
... Its easier and cheaper to just sell them on the islands than to send them stateside when they dump them.
I can say that of the GT's that I have seen here, none were modified.

If I had mine here, I'm pretty sure the local 5-0 would know exactly who I am.
Old 8/19/06, 08:04 PM
GTR Member

Look at that ugly sticker that has to go on the rear bumper! Yuck!

Any new pictures for us yet?

EDIT: Just found a few new ones!
Old 8/20/06, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

The fine for not having a front license plate in Round Rock, Texas is officially $140.00. Lovely.
Old 8/20/06, 06:41 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
The fine for not having a front license plate in Round Rock, Texas is officially $140.00. Lovely.
So, I take it you were stopped? Didn't you try flashing him?
Old 8/21/06, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
So, I take it you were stopped? Didn't you try flashing him?
Must not have had her TOP DOWN
Old 8/21/06, 08:54 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

I told ya how to make them!

Maybe ya can come down south and I`ll get ya a setup , Got a few that I need to bend correctly. I just ain`t takin mine off to do it.

Old 8/21/06, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Cop did a U-turn just to get me. I estimate 25% of cars on the road don't have front plates. It's about as dumb as getting a ticket for 2 miles over the speed limit. I don't think Round Rock has any police action going on, so they have to find something to do. Kzinti warned me - "pull-me-over-red" looks good on me.

It is 105 degrees. Top was up. I go to court at 9am on 9/11. Sound like a familiar date and time? I am going to do something between now and then, but not sure what. I'll track back to your post, Mike. I think I liked that idea.
Old 8/21/06, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey there finally got everything installed, took pics and updated my sig links. Check out my new pics and tell me what you think.
Old 8/21/06, 01:31 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Here is the link Sue..........

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1558858/tm.htm
Old 8/21/06, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cop did a U-turn just to get me. I estimate 25% of cars on the road don't have front plates. It's about as dumb as getting a ticket for 2 miles over the speed limit. I don't think Round Rock has any police action going on, so they have to find something to do. Kzinti warned me - "pull-me-over-red" looks good on me.

It is 105 degrees. Top was up. I go to court at 9am on 9/11. Sound like a familiar date and time? I am going to do something between now and then, but not sure what. I'll track back to your post, Mike. I think I liked that idea.
Yea that absolutely sucks Susan. Sometimes having a car like these is a curse.
Next time when an officer stops you, have your top down and I guarantee no tickets

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)