The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 4/25/06 01:52 PM

Daryl-
This 'ordinal' stuff is way over my head! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

I tried reading the linked page, but started to fall asleep. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img]

Your sig just reminded me, any word back from your painter?

btw- I dropped off my CDC Classic off at my painter yesterday. I'm waiting on a price quote.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 25, 2006, 12:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - I missed you making Mach 1 again.
[/b][/quote]
Me too. I just rolled right past it.

Now, I have my eyes set on the 1000 mark!

swwake 4/25/06 02:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl-
This 'ordinal' stuff is way over my head! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

I tried reading the linked page, but started to fall asleep. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]Me too. Is that calculus??? That would be from Freshman year in college. Good thing my memory is blurred by alcohol.

TacoBill 4/25/06 02:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 25, 2006, 1:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... Good thing my memory is blurred by alcohol.
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

You're too much, Susan!

OKCMustangGT 4/25/06 02:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your sig just reminded me, any word back from your painter?[/b][/quote]
Nope, dropping by after work today for my weekly Tuesday Afternoon visit. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
btw- I dropped off my CDC Classic off at my painter yesterday. I'm waiting on a price quote.[/b][/quote]
I guess I missed you ever GETTING the CDC Chin Spoiler. I wish it would come down in price, $225 for only the spoiler just sounds so high. (Got all four scoops for just a few bucks more.)

I have been getting the Audio bug lately too. Been thinking about replacing the speakers in the car with Infinity Speakers and maybe adding some amps and sub ? Jeesh, going to have to find Tom's money tree.

Mustangdans 4/25/06 02:51 PM

Hi Gang,
Thanks for posting a message for Kzinti, I knew you would come through! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Mustang people can always count on each other!
Thanks again!
Dan

TacoBill 4/25/06 02:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 25, 2006, 1:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I guess I missed you ever GETTING the CDC Chin Spoiler. I wish it would come down in price, $225 for only the spoiler just sounds so high. (Got all four scoops for just a few bucks more.)

I have been getting the Audio bug lately too. Been thinking about replacing the speakers in the car with Infinity Speakers and maybe adding some amps and sub ? Jeesh, going to have to find Tom's money tree.
[/b][/quote]
Ha! How's 50 bucks sound? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

I like audio/video stuff too; always had (mostly) Alpine and Eclipse units in my prior rides.

For a stock system, the Shaker 500 doesn't sound too bad (compared to the older systems). Later down the road, I think I would like to add a double din CD/DVD/NAV unit.

I am surprised how these cheap looking, 25W, paper whizzer cone speakers sound.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5/IMG_7544.jpg

Sorry Daryl, the money tree only grows under the Florida sun! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
(we're j/k, Tom [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] )

OKCMustangGT 4/25/06 03:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 3:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ha! How's 50 bucks sound? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
D A M N You again Bill !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 3:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I like audio/video stuff too; always had (mostly) Alpine and Eclipse units in my prior rides.
[/b][/quote]
Ditto, my car I just sold had an Alpine in it, I took it out first of course [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Might try to sell that for extra Mustang Money. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Here is what I was thinking;
Replace all four 6x8s with these:
Infinity 682.7CF
and power them with this:
Alpine MRP-F450
then add this
Infinity Perfect 12.1d
in this
Scosche 05 Mustang Subwoofer Enclosure
powered by this
Alpine MRP-M450
Haven't decided on door subs yet, but what do you think so far ?

TacoBill 4/25/06 03:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 25, 2006, 2:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here is what I was thinking;
Replace all four 6x8s with these:
Infinity 682.7CF
and power them with this:
Alpine MRP-F450
then add this
Infinity Perfect 12.1d
in this
Scosche 05 Mustang Subwoofer Enclosure
powered by this
Alpine MRP-M450
Haven't decided on door subs yet, but what do you think so far ?
[/b][/quote]
Sounds pretty good! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Chosen speakers and sub watt ratings matched well to the selected amps.

But, you're missing 2 more speakers (not the door subs) that will need to be replaced as well. Our Shaker 500 has a total of 8 speakers.

OKCMustangGT 4/25/06 03:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 4:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds pretty good! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Chosen speakers and sub watt ratings matched well to the selected amps.

But, you're missing 2 more speakers (not the door subs) that will need to be replaced as well. Our Shaker 500 has a total of 8 speakers.
[/b][/quote]
Where the heck are they ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
I thought the Shaker 500 = 6 Speakers and 1000 = 8 with the extra 2 being the rear subs
2 x front door 6 x 8
2 x front door 5-1/4" subs
2 x Rear Deck 6 x 8
Shaker 1000
2 x Trunk Subs (6 or 8" ??)

Ok I just looked it up, 8 for 500 and 10 for 1000 but i don't recall seeing any other speakers. Help me out here. Rear seat ??

TacoBill 4/25/06 04:12 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 25, 2006, 2:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where the heck are they ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
I thought the Shaker 500 = 6 Speakers and 1000 = 8 with the extra 2 being the rear subs
2 x front door 6 x 8
2 x front door 5-1/4" subs
2 x Rear Deck 6 x 8
Shaker 1000
2 x Trunk Subs (6 or 8" ??)
Ok I just looked it up, 8 for 500 and 10 for 1000 but i don't recall seeing any other speakers. Help me out here. Rear seat ??
[/b][/quote]
Shaker 1000 has (2) 10's.
Hidden speaker set is on top of rear passenger arm rest, behind a fabric grille.

swwake 4/25/06 04:27 PM

Wow, Bill - is that your car? I am shocked that you have *any* water spots at all on the window!

And - do you just have a ton of pictures of every single angle on your car? How do you pull these out so quickly?

TacoBill 4/25/06 04:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 25, 2006, 3:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, Bill - is that your car? I am shocked that you have *any* water spots at all on the window!

And - do you just have a ton of pictures of every single angle on your car? How do you pull these out so quickly?
[/b][/quote]
Please excuse the water stains... pic was taken during the window tinting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

And yes, I have a whole bunch of reference pics on my hard drive, so if I (or anyone) have a question on anything, BAM!, I can usually get close to it.

swwake 4/25/06 04:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 25, 2006, 5:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Please excuse the water stains... pic was taken during the window tinting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

And yes, I have a whole bunch of reference pics on my hard drive, so if I (or anyone) have a question on anything, BAM!, I can usually get close to it.
[/b][/quote]That's amazing! Speaking of window tinting - I'm bringing up the rear. But about a week ago, I asked Chris for window tint for my anniversary gift (how romantic is THAT!?!), which is May 16th. We'll see....

89Trooper 4/25/06 05:16 PM

I don't have my windows tinted either, Susan. Maybe this Friday? Heck, when I drive my car around I usually don't have windows! Maybe I should just get the strip across the windshield? Nah...

Didn't I explain my "money tree" here at one time? We sold our boat and I used part (most) of the money for mods. It was in bad shape, so we only sold it for $1400. I got $1000 for car mods and Shelly got $400 for house mods... hehehe!

The rims and tires are really the first mod I bought...

TacoBill 4/25/06 11:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 25, 2006, 3:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Speaking of window tinting - I'm bringing up the rear. But about a week ago, I asked Chris for window tint for my anniversary gift (how romantic is THAT!?!)
[/b][/quote]
Window tint... Privacy... Romantic... say no more, we get it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

It's the perfect gift. If you do the fronts, don't forget the felt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 25, 2006, 4:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Didn't I explain my "money tree" here at one time?...
[/b][/quote]
Current picture of Tom's money tree... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

89Trooper 4/25/06 11:28 PM

Yep, that's about it right now! We should have some rain tomorrow, so there might be some more "green" on the tree soon.

OKCMustangGT 4/26/06 05:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 25, 2006, 6:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Didn't I explain my "money tree" here at one time? We sold our boat and I used part (most) of the money for mods. It was in bad shape, so we only sold it for $1400. I got $1000 for car mods and Shelly got $400 for house mods... hehehe![/b][/quote]
Yes you explained it, but I still like to give you heck about it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Man you have a good wife if she was cool with that split [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]

I knew there had to be a reason for water spots etc on Bill's car.

heck I don't know how tall Susan and Chris are, but the entire idea of privacy in our cars cracks me up. I am just not that limber anymore to even pretend I could pull that off [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] but I guess the seats do recline [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

The "hidden" speakers are not mentioned anywhere I can find. What size are they, mounting depth, etc.

Nice "Money Tree" pic Bill. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

89Trooper 4/26/06 08:23 AM

Rims should be (better be) coming today on the Big Brown Truck.

1Z9E08110345962141

1Z9E08110345041136

Tires are already at the tire store.

UPS probably won't show up until 6pm, so I can't drop the rims off until tomorrow morning.

Can't wait!

TacoBill 4/26/06 09:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 26, 2006, 5:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The "hidden" speakers are not mentioned anywhere I can find. What size are they, mounting depth, etc.
[/b][/quote]
Daryl- Man, I almost couldn't find it myself! I don't know the size, but attached is the PDF removal directions.

If you decide on the Scosche 05 Mustang Subwoofer Enclosure, make sure you buy it at your linked price, not this one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] Not sure why Crutchfield advertises 2 different prices.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 26, 2006, 7:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tires are already at the tire store.

UPS probably won't show up until 6pm, so I can't drop the rims off until tomorrow morning.

Can't wait!
[/b][/quote]
Someone sounds excited! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img]

I would be too! Make sure you take some close up shots of the before/after.

OKCMustangGT 4/26/06 09:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 26, 2006, 10:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl- Man, I almost couldn't find it myself! I don't know the size, but attached is the PDF removal directions.

If you decide on the Scosche 05 Mustang Subwoofer Enclosure, make sure you buy it at your linked price, not this one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] Not sure why Crutchfield advertises 2 different prices.[/b][/quote]
One comes with a 12" Sub in it and the other is just the box