The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

swwake 5/2/06 10:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 11:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You must have missed this one, then:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=674993
[/b][/quote]Nope, caught that one too. That's why I said you're scaring me. Oh - y'all are scaring me (right Bill?)

See? I may not have much time for postin', but I'm still readin'. I need to get to moddin'. And yes, I will update my signature soon - when I have time.

TacoBill 5/2/06 10:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 9:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I use synthetic myself, gives that extra bit of lubricity (is that a word?)
Here is my caliper idea PSP'd (not Playstation Portable either)
[attachmentid=48167]
[/b][/quote]
"lubricity"? I'm not touching that one! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

That caliper pictured must be P-Coated, looks pretty smooth.

Forgive me, but what's PSP'd? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

89Trooper 5/2/06 10:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 12:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Nope, caught that one too. That's why I said you're scaring me. Oh - y'all are scaring me (right Bill?)

See? I may not have much time for postin', but I'm still readin'. I need to get to moddin'. And yes, I will update my signature soon - when I have time.[/b][/quote]OK... you're see'n everything!

I'll be checking hourly for a sig update.

TacoBill 5/2/06 10:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 9:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cool pics... can you change your setting higher on your camera to make the pics a little bigger?
[/b][/quote]
I have all those pics at higher res, but Yahoo Photo automatically reduces them (I have no control over it) when I upload into the album.

OKCMustangGT 5/2/06 10:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 11:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
"lubricity"? I'm not touching that one! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

That caliper pictured must be P-Coated, looks pretty smooth.

Forgive me, but what's PSP'd? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
That is my caliper I used Paint Shop Pro to change it from silver to VB or at least close.
Tom take into account I was trying to match what the car looks like in the sun, you can't go by the fender well in that picture as it is a washed out color

TacoBill 5/2/06 11:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 9:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
y'all are scaring me (right Bill?)
[/b][/quote]
Right! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

89Trooper 5/2/06 11:08 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 1:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I have all those pics at higher res, but Yahoo Photo automatically reduces them (I have no control over it) when I upload into the album.[/b][/quote]Maybe put them in your Photo<span style="color:#3333FF">b</span>ucket?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 1:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom take into account I was trying to match what the car looks like in the sun, you can't go by the fender well in that picture as it is a washed out color[/b][/quote]Would look good... but time consuming. If you take the calipers off, you might as well change the stock rubber lines with stainless steel ones, then.

Like Bill told me once... just give us your money and we'll spend it on your car as we see fit.

Susan was too slow, so we had to start buying stuff for her.

TacoBill 5/2/06 11:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 10:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Like Bill told me once... just give us your money and we'll spend it on your car as we see fit.

Susan was too slow, so we had to start buying stuff for her.
[/b][/quote]
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...cons/rofl2.gif

TacoBill 5/2/06 11:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 10:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Maybe put them in your Photo<span style="color:#3333FF">b</span>ucket?
[/b][/quote]
I mostly use the Bucket for direct linking and Yahoo for picture viewing.

TacoBill 5/2/06 02:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 30, 2006, 8:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have sample pics of all kinds of stripe widths, but they're on my work's PC; I'll post them tomorrow.
[/b][/quote]
Daryl- I forgot to post the different stripe pics for you.

Here ya go!

swwake 5/2/06 02:53 PM

Bill - I saw your car on the road today. It was TR with dark, dark windows and DRLs. Did you do the DRLs? They looked really cool.

I had my "foglights" (sorry Tom) on last night and got flashed a couple of times. I guess people think they're high beams.

TacoBill 5/2/06 03:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 1:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - I saw your car on the road today. It was TR with dark, dark windows and DRLs. Did you do the DRLs? They looked really cool.

I had my "foglights" (sorry Tom) on last night and got flashed a couple of times. I guess people think they're high beams.
[/b][/quote]
Wasn't me.. my windows are tinted at 33% (medium) and no DRL's (Tom and Daryl have them).

I have heard that our fogs are BRIGHT. Only driven it once at night so far... scary. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

OKCMustangGT 5/2/06 03:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 3:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I had my "foglights" (sorry Tom) on last night and got flashed a couple of times. I guess people think they're high beams. [/b][/quote]
I got flashed Friday night(first time), I just flashed them back, they got the point as the BRIGHTs are pretty darn bright !
The DRL is awsome, FORD should have made it standard, but it is really not a hard install at all. I can give you a MS Word file on that install as well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

swwake 5/2/06 03:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 4:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got flashed Friday night(first time), I just flashed them back, they got the point ...
[/b][/quote]
Ok, now I'm not touching that one!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

OKCMustangGT 5/2/06 03:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok, now I'm not touching that one!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] You got me, didn't even notice that. You pervert [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 3:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> got flashed a couple of times. I guess people think they're high beams.
[/b][/quote]
But you did start it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

TacoBill 5/2/06 07:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 2:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got flashed Friday night(first time)...
[/b][/quote]
You wish! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ns/boobies.gif

89Trooper 5/2/06 08:51 PM

I'm looking up in the wiring diagram to make the DRIVING lights (you know, the ones in the grille) stay on when you flash the high beams. Bill, you showed me a link with a guy that did this, but I wanted to verify the wiring for myself.

89Trooper 5/2/06 10:54 PM

For tomorrow (the first day of my weekend):

AutoVation Pedal install - OFF.

18" Black Bullitt Rim install - ON!

I got the new Mustang Tuning "Pony" center caps today to replace the "Cobra" center caps that came with the rims:

http://www.mustangtuning.com/bucecap.html

I'm glad I ordered them when I did... the sale price keeps going up. I got them for $12.49 a piece. I bet I can sell the Cobra caps on eBay for more than $50 for the set!

The caps from Mustang Tuning actually have a Ford part number on the back.

OKCMustangGT 5/3/06 08:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 12:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would look good... but time consuming. If you take the calipers off, you might as well change the stock rubber lines with stainless steel ones, then.[/b][/quote]
With these maybe ??
Earls Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

So I would have to get the Calipers Powder Coated, Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Slotted Zinc Plated Rotors, and Earls Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines. Hmm There goes more money. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Looks like I am going to have to hit the darn lottery [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

89Trooper 5/3/06 09:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 3, 2006, 10:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>With these maybe ??
Earls Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines[/b][/quote]
That's for the set of 4? That's a great price... I've seen them $199 for a pair!! And Earl's is a great company for that kind of stuff... I used all Earl's fittings and line for my '89.

If that's all 4, I might get them myself!

Here's the pony caps versus the cobra caps. All marks that look like scratches or wear marks in these three pics are just sun glares. Everything is really nice and shiny black. Except for that hair that found it's way in the shot of the cobra cap??

[attachmentid=48218]

The pony caps are .025" less in diameter, so you can see the slightly larger gap around the cap. I got closer on the cobra shot without knowing it.

Still look OK with the .0125" wider gap around the cap?

[attachmentid=48219] [attachmentid=48220]