General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/08, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robbieg
Good deal My iMac only takes normal size but I have an external drive when I need it.
I gotta get one of the new 24" iMacs they are just beautiful. My macbook does pretty good and the powermac, dual core G5 2.0 the last before the switch . It just that with the macbook there is no real gaming you can do and now everything is basically for Intel macs only.... Maybe I'll leave the powermac as the server and set everything else up to logon to it....

It's only money, right. If it doesn't go into the car I'd find somewhere else to spend it.
Old 9/16/08, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished hiding my scratch with Langka. Stuff works amazingly well. It's not a 100% solution but it beats the alternavtive which is a) living with the scratch or b) paying hundreds of dollars at a body shop. Even covered up the scratch I had in the right rear fender from my run in with the side of the garage awhile back. Sorry no pics.
Old 9/16/08, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Yep....... for a few months anyway.

What are you worried about boost and stickies for? Your car will never be on a track......
Lol, true. I'll be looking into other upgrades though for a winter/spring project. Brakes and Rims if I can afford it.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jon, you didn't loose track. And Robbie, you neither.

I've taken my last F-up (for a lack of better words) offline because I didn't want the drama to go public. But since I don't really care anymore, yeah.. car's at RET for more than a dyno tune you could say.

I'll just say the Swanson screwed up royally.

The stalling/rough running issue was root caused by RET after they started tearing into my month old motor. Piston, rod, pin, whatever debris was discovered all inside my intake manifold from the stock motor blow. All this time during my motor break-in, crap has been falling into the cylinders, thus causing the rough idle and missing. Funny how all the pieces to the puzzle suddenly come together.

So as of today, I'm waiting for the heads to get back from the machine shop, then RET to slam everything back together.

I am keeping the Swanson issue offline, so please don't ask about that.
I know how that goes. I never posted anything public or official online about the lousy service I received from my Vortech installer, wont call them a tuner since I got S*** for a tune. But yeah. I'll do all I can word of mouth though.

Hope all works out and your really back on the road. You planning rims this decade or debt killing you with this motor issue?
Old 9/16/08, 07:00 PM
GTR Member

Yep....... for a few months anyway.
8.9 (not 9.0) psi will be fine for me! Luckily changing the spring turned out to be more of a PITA than changing a pulley, so 2 times will be enough!

-----------------

Hope everything goes well this time with the engine, Bill.
Old 9/16/08, 07:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I gotta get one of the new 24" iMacs they are just beautiful. My macbook does pretty good and the powermac, dual core G5 2.0 the last before the switch . It just that with the macbook there is no real gaming you can do and now everything is basically for Intel macs only.... Maybe I'll leave the powermac as the server and set everything else up to logon to it....

It's only money, right. If it doesn't go into the car I'd find somewhere else to spend it.
Yeah I just got mine a couple months ago, I got the 24" 3.06. I really like it so far. I always had PC's before. A few years ago I bought my first ipod and since then between my wife and I we have 3 ipods and 2 iphones and they have always worked flawlessly the way they are supposed to. I've been so impressed with those products that I decided next time I bought a computer I would buy a Mac so a few months ago I took the plunge, no regrets.
Old 9/16/08, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Just finished hiding my scratch with Langka. Stuff works amazingly well. It's not a 100% solution but it beats the alternavtive which is a) living with the scratch or b) paying hundreds of dollars at a body shop. Even covered up the scratch I had in the right rear fender from my run in with the side of the garage awhile back. Sorry no pics.
Glad it worked well for you too
Old 9/16/08, 07:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
trooper, wth is up with your avatar?
Old 9/16/08, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
trooper, wth is up with your avatar?
Someone here is surely to know the reference!
Old 9/16/08, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 9/16/08, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I just want to give a huge thanks to all the guys that helped with the header install yesterday. No way I could've done that myself. Thanks for busting your asses to help me get those headers in. I have to agree with Jed about Brian being the workhorse yesterday. Although George "magichands" got us through all the tight situations. Jed thanks for being a installer/photographer and staying with Kevin and myself to troubleshoot the stupid noise. Kevin/Bill thanks for letting me use your garage all friggin day as well as busting your asses. We had poor Kevin running around like a mad man getting us all the different sockets/wrenches we needed. Luis thanks for providing the laughs with your "can I get the tweezers" comment. No seriously though thanks for lending a hand. Glad you like the turn signals. Needless to say I owe you guys alot more than the pizza and beer from yesterday. So again thanks to Kevin, Bill, George, Brian, Jed, and Luis for all the help. There was alot of funny stuff that happened throughtout the install which I'm sure several of you will comment on.

I don't know about you guys but my whole body is sore. I don't know how Bill and Luis still managed to go out and get wasted.

Still have to do some more real world testing before I give a final review of the headers. The one thing I did notice right away is the exhaust sounds cleaner/smoother. Definetly not louder.

This buds for all of you.
So were there any issues that I didn't mention that popped up? It almost sounded like you had an exhaust leak on the passenger side in the middle part of the video.
Old 9/16/08, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Someone here is surely to know the reference!
well if they do they ain't telling us.

Old 9/17/08, 05:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Is that Bill's favorite Techno artist?
Old 9/17/08, 07:10 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Ouch. That was mean. Very funny, but mean.
Old 9/17/08, 07:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonCo
You planning rims this decade or debt killing you with this motor issue?
Round 1 of the motor burried me 6 feet deep.

Round 2, they dug me up, and expecting to burry me another 3 feet deeper.

So yeah, I won't be seeing new wheels anytime soon.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Hope everything goes well this time with the engine, Bill.
Thanks Tom.

Was hoping to make the Mustang Cafe tonite for the first time this year, but doesn't look good for the home team. Maybe I'll make the Christmas Cafe!

Nope, it's Tools' new costume when they go on tour.
Old 9/17/08, 08:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Embalmer
So were there any issues that I didn't mention that popped up? It almost sounded like you had an exhaust leak on the passenger side in the middle part of the video.
No leaks. The one issue that almost sidelined the entire install was that the passenger side header would not go in from under the car. We ended up having to strap down the engine and tranny and pull it as much as we could towards the driver side. Other than that though just the usual PITA that everyone's mentioned when installing headers.

Nope, it's Tools' new costume when they go on tour.

My guess was the new Cowboys uniform.
Old 9/17/08, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You won't be laughing this weekend Leo....... just like last year.......

Old 9/17/08, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You won't be laughing this weekend Leo....... just like last year.......

That's fine. Then we'll just have to wait for the Giants to knock you out of the playoffs and give us homefield advantage. Just like last year.

Old 9/17/08, 09:23 AM

So Tom, what's the 'one more surprise' that you're having done at Brenspeed?

A wood steering wheel?

Old 9/17/08, 09:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That's fine. Then we'll just have to wait for the Giants to knock you out of the playoffs and give us homefield advantage. Just like last year.

So Tom, what's the 'one more surprise' that you're having done at Brenspeed?

A wood steering wheel?

Nope, not a steering wheel........ but the suspense is killing you isn't it? Actually there's a couple of surprises in store- if the results justify the project. The trans is out of the car as we speak, having the 26 spline shaft installed. Probably be a week or so until she's all finished...... but if you ask nicely I'll keep you updated with the information that I'm allowed to give out.

Old 9/17/08, 10:44 AM

Tom, please keep us updated on whatever project it is.
(that's the nicest I can do. )

On a side note, got a PM from our buddy Phil this morning.
His message...
We still have no power, and are out of food, ice and almost gas. They say it may be another couple of weeks before we get power. Its bad here Bill, we really got hit hard. I lost four large 80ft trees and in our neighborhood of 260 houses we probably lost 400 trees. It looks like a war zone. Its a bit discouraging to say the least.

Just to give everyone an idea of what the hard hit areas of TX looks like..
http://www.tpicks.com/pictures_people_have_sent_me.htm

Last edited by TacoBill; 9/17/08 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added link

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)