General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/07, 05:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
... He shot a bunch of vids which I'm sure he'll post later.

BTW- Bill taught me to drive stick. In his Stang mind you. I can now say I'm the only person on TMS to drive Bill's car.

This is true.. Leo is the first TMS Member to take the pilot seat in my GT. I must say, he picked up shifting manually like a natural! I can see on his face the look we had when we first drove a manual sports car.. priceless!

I have a feeling Leo's next Mustang will be a Manual trans.

And yes, we shot several short vids from my camera using the Sticky Pod. I'm sure Daryl will appreciate these since he requested them.

I'll try and upload some, but I'm not in front of my PC, I'm mobile on the Mac.

Teaser pic..
Old 3/10/07, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After seeing Bill's louvers in person today I think they look awesome. The pics for some reason don't do them justice. I'm still going with the CDC louvers but will consider the DG louvers depending on how I like the CDC ones.
Old 3/10/07, 08:38 PM

I think the CDC ones will look fine. They're both good, one isn't better than the other.. just 2 different styles.

I can't post up any of the burnout vids until late tonight or tomorrow, just can't upload any from this iBook.

Speaking of the burnout video, it was pretty entertaining seeing Leo brace himself in the seat during a couple of the runs. I'm guessing his sphincter meter registered at least a 9.0.
Old 3/10/07, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch!! I don't know how you didn't kill the stupid valet.
shock.
All I remember saying is " Thats my car"

BTW.... Happy birthday Tom's car
Old 3/10/07, 10:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leo,
Congrats on learning a stick and getting to drive Bill's baby. It's not bad and these car are pretty simple to learn on because they've got so much torque. Looks like that was fun

I didn't post because I wasn't home and was getting the car tinted.
Before...

After

Old 3/10/07, 10:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Brian,

Where did you take it and how much and what % tint???

Looks sweet!

Oh and BTW:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=211

Old 3/10/07, 10:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Hey Brian,

Where did you take it and how much and what % tint???

Looks sweet!

Oh and BTW:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=211

Thanks !!
Classic Auto Tint in Orange. it was 225 Out the Door. I didn't get the titanium like Bill got that includes the top of the line tint and a ticket insurance for 325.%... it was the one below limo tint. It had a #16 but I don't think it was 16%. The receipt should say but it's in the car. I'll edit this post tomorrow with the right %.

It would have been cheaper if I didn't screw up the moleskin install Friday night. I had it and realized that it wasn't quite right. upon removing the wiper channel thing I ripped off the moleskin and trashed it.

ON the C&L. I cannot wait. I guess he's still waiting for parts from C&L and it should, with luck, ship out early next week
Old 3/10/07, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by habu
Classic Auto Tint in Orange.

It would have been cheaper if I didn't screw up the moleskin install Friday night. I had it and realized that it wasn't quite right. upon removing the wiper channel thing I ripped off the moleskin and trashed it.
Lance, the Owner of Classic Tint is one of the best in the business. As Brian mentioned, mine is a different shade, HP Titanium 33.

Now Brian, how the heck did you mess up the Moleskin install?

Car looks awesome btw. Tint looks dark and agressive, hope the Police in your area don't hassle you too much.
Old 3/11/07, 03:01 AM

As promised...

Some cool burnout videos that Leo and I took this afternoon in a super secret undisclosed area of LA County is now up.

video album link

'Fishtail' (Daryl's request, captured beautifully thanks to the Sticky Pod)

Old 3/11/07, 07:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by habu
Thanks !!
Classic Auto Tint in Orange. it was 225 Out the Door. I didn't get the titanium like Bill got that includes the top of the line tint and a ticket insurance for 325.%... it was the one below limo tint. It had a #16 but I don't think it was 16%. The receipt should say but it's in the car. I'll edit this post tomorrow with the right %.
Dang, tint prices in CA are expensive. I got mine done for $90. Granted, I've gone to the same guy for quite a few cars, and he only does what is legal in VA (50% side, 35% rear), but still. His includes lifetime warranty and all.
Old 3/11/07, 07:41 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
BTW.... Happy birthday Tom's car
Thanks! Hope the car get's put back as-good-as-new!

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Dang, tint prices in CA are expensive. I got mine done for $90. Granted, I've gone to the same guy for quite a few cars, and he only does what is legal in VA (50% side, 35% rear), but still. His includes lifetime warranty and all.
Mine was $25. I did it myself! I just paid for the pre-cut tint - 20% all the way around. Illegal, but cops don't bother you down here for that.

Looks good, Brian!

Great videos, Bill! I need to find a secret place around here for that kind of stuff.
Old 3/11/07, 08:24 AM
GTR Member

After seeing Bill's louvers in person today I think they look awesome. The pics for some reason don't do them justice.
Sounds like what I was trying to explain to you about the chrome taillight bezels. Next time you are in FL, I'll show them to you...
Old 3/11/07, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Lance, the Owner of Classic Tint is one of the best in the business. As Brian mentioned, mine is a different shade, HP Titanium 33.

Now Brian, how the heck did you mess up the Moleskin install?

Car looks awesome btw. Tint looks dark and agressive, hope the Police in your area don't hassle you too much.
Let's see if I can explain this right...

At the very end of the door there is a bigger piece of rubber that, standing on the side of the door panel, goes to the outside of the strip. Putting the strip back in I didn't have it in far enough AND the rubber piece was on the inside. I couldn't get the rubber piece to go around the strip and had to re-remove it. In doing so I got the moleskin peeled off the strip and attached to itself.
This I figured probably ruined at least that one small section of glue on the moleskin. I decided that I'd rather have it right than potentially come off or cause other problem and removed the moleskin altogether.

WHEW...

The videos are excellent. I'm gonna have to get me one of the sticky pods. Talking to my friend I told him once I get the tune I want a couple 'action' shots of me burning out. One thing I've learned with this car... it likes to get sideways FAST
Old 3/11/07, 10:22 AM
GTR Member

How do you like my new wing on the cop car?

Attachment 21304 Attachment 21305
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5260.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5261.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I just paid for the pre-cut tint - 20% all the way around. Illegal, but cops don't bother you down here for that.
The legal tint is 32% in Alabama... And they will ticket you here. Which is very surprising to me with all the crap that drives around here. The ones that pi$$ me off are the "low flying crop dusters"... You know the ones that dust only the highways with a large cloud of blue smoke? Never heard of one of those being pulled over, but if you're tint is too dark it is a ticket waiting to happen.
Yesterday, I didn't have my camera with me but you should have seen this Caprice parked at Lowes... It had 30 inch wheels! This car had to ride like a tank... What a joke. What amazed me was that the owner didn't have decals that bragged about the fact.

Looks good Brian, I am gonna tint mine when the income tax check gets here. Just got finished washing Dubh, maybe next weekend I will get the clar bar out and do her up right now that the weather is finally getting nice.
Old 3/11/07, 10:42 AM
Cobra Member

That one looks familiar...
Old 3/11/07, 10:54 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
That one looks familiar...
I'm actually replacing the pads that go between the wing and the deck lid. When I took the white wing off, I didn't have the pads at the time to put under the black wing.

I'm really surprised at how difficult the black wing was to get off again with only remnants of pad left on the deck lid. And what was left is murder to get off:

Attachment 21306 Attachment 21307

I'm thinking of not putting the new pads on. Maybe just some precision cut electrical tape to keep the wing from touching the deck lid. Then if I want to take it back off, it'll be a snap.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5262.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5263.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 10:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice
Old 3/11/07, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Bill,

I just went through each of the vids....

Feel sorry for the tires, heck they got more miles off of them now than your car really has !!!
Old 3/11/07, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

This is true.. Leo is the first TMS Member to take the pilot seat in my GT. I must say, he picked up shifting manually like a natural! I can see on his face the look we had when we first drove a manual sports car.. priceless!
I'm so hurt... He didn't even know how to drive a stick! Me, who converted his first car to stick! Me, who has never bought an auto after that and has been driving stick for over 20 years! Me, who came all the way from Alabama just to meet you and see your car! All I got was shotgun!

I'm soooooooo hurt...
This is for you Bill!

I have a feeling Leo's next Mustang will be a Manual trans.
They are fun aren't they Leo! I was considering going auto due to how good the autos are but manuals have that extra fun factor!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)