General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

New Leak!! Look

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/11, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had water coming in through heater filter on pass floor on my 05 during heavy rain. It turns out there are two groments located in the engine compartment on the fire wall. they were both clogged.unplugged them and water gushed out.cleaned groments never had problem again.hope this helps
Old 5/16/11, 10:56 AM

wow.

Originally Posted by stallion_rebel1
this is were the water is coming in on mine. passenger side. look familiar to anyone? if so were does it come from?
Are you hosing the outside while this pick is taken?

with out knowing what you are doing I would take a guess. You are filling up the cowl channel somehow and it is leaking from a round hole way up top near the dash pad...looking up from the floor.

Get in on the floor on your back....yeah I know it hurts. with a flash light and see. You can look straight up near the kick panel side. You will see a round hole and there is jute padding inside it. Stick your finger up into the hole, lifting the pad and see if any water runs out. check my photo albums.
Old 5/16/11, 11:12 AM

check this out

here are 2 pics.

One looking up. See the drops on the white tape, there was water coming in here. Also, next pic see dripping under junction box? This appeared to be coming from under the junction box.

KNOCK WOOD. This leak seems to have stopped after doing the grommets and the pinch weld seam with 3 M Seam Sealer.

How are you water testing this? Where are you putting the hose? Make sure you read the TSB. Check diagrams of possible water path.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails New Leak!! Look-p1040653-small-.jpg   New Leak!! Look-p1040651-small-2-.jpg  
Old 5/16/11, 08:43 PM

I haven't had a chance to get down and dirty and find out were the water is coming from yet. From what I can tell after doing some research and help from this forum I think it is coming in through those grommet things. I am not hosing the car down in that pic. It was raining like a **** and I got in the car to go to the store and that's what I saw. WTF FORD why isn't this a recall? Seems like tons of people have this same problem. Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully I will be able to fix it soon.
Old 5/18/11, 11:37 AM

first thing

Originally Posted by stallion_rebel1
I haven't had a chance to get down and dirty and find out were the water is coming from yet. From what I can tell after doing some research and help from this forum I think it is coming in through those grommet things. I am not hosing the car down in that pic. It was raining like a **** and I got in the car to go to the store and that's what I saw. WTF FORD why isn't this a recall? Seems like tons of people have this same problem. Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully I will be able to fix it soon.
First thing...and the easiest...is to stick your finger in the drain things on the firewall and see if water comes rushing out.

If it's not that then, the next thing seems to be the grommets or the body seam in front of them. When you take off the black cowl pieces, if you take off one of the grommets you might see water inside the cowl...there should not be any if the grommets are properly sealed.

Yes it should be a recall. Some one posted somewhere a page for entering car complaints with NHTSA. I recommend everyone with a leak do that. menition the safety issues involved like wet junction box causing lights to go on and off, cruise control malfunctions, cutting out, etc.

You have joined a non exclusive group.

Best of luck.
Old 5/23/11, 07:08 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. I finally got some free time today. I was able to locate my leak. Thanks to you guys I will no longer have a wet floorboard when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!