Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/11, 02:16 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I do not. I have a modest tool chest with most of the tools to do a job and I'm collection more and more as I do each project.

I do have a metric *** ton of take off parts from these cars. I've kept every part I've used and every part I've used and removed to replace with another part. Not to mention the parts that aren't even installed yet.
I feel you on the take offs, my dad is getting on my case already about having too big a stash in the garage. It's just a headliner, front bumper valence, tail lights and all the boxes for the fog lights and what not. And then that leveling kit... Just gathering dust But it's going on in an estimated 2 weeks, as long as nothing else pops up. But I've been saying that for 5 months now

We're both happy though, he got some space back and I made $75, old wheels and tires are GONE! Between the side steps and wheels I've sold from the truck, it's like it only cost me (200-80-75=45) 45 dollars
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Speaking of which, I still have my open/box ends, ratchet & sockets, quality knuckle busters, from 1970 I bought for my dirt bikes, and the sheet metal toolbox I made in 9th grade shop class. (And an impact driver if you know what that is. lol)
Though they are metric they have worked on Honda's, Suzuki's, 442, Land Cruisers, F150, Lotus, Saturns, GMC, AMC, Chrysler and Bullitt. And numerous small engines in between. Only needed to add a few pieces & a torque wrench along the way, and never bought any sae. I splurged in the 80's and bought an air ratchet for taking the cam towers off the Lotus for changing shims/adjusting valves. Other than that its a pretty basic set and has done the job.
If those wrenches could talk, they could tell you a lot of bull **** (and teach some cuss words)! Those tools made the self taught mechanic I am today. I am not afraid!
Wish I had an air ratchet
Builder was a huge D-bag. I mean a real tool. I'd call him and sometimes he wouldn't even call me back. None of his estimates were right. The whole job was WAY over budget. I'm beginning to wonder if he was taking kick backs from the subs on the side.

Old 5/23/11, 02:30 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
rawr.
Old 5/23/11, 03:51 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
What's happening TMS?
Old 5/23/11, 04:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
What's happening TMS?
getting ready for the 2011 HOT ROD power tour .. coming right thru the middle of alabama again this year .. i was in a bit of the 2005 tour .. this year i want to sit somewhere and watch them go by .. june 7th ..
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-dscn2219.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 5/23/11, 05:09 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Anyone else having google, youtube being really slow?
yup

The R and 7 are in their new permanent places now.

Me and the wife and kids are too.

congrats Gary.

also, you may wanna think about putting a liner of some sort between the runways for the R, just to catch any possible fluids it might drip from time to time. Wouldnt wanna get them on 7
Old 5/23/11, 05:14 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Builder was a huge D-bag. I mean a real tool. I'd call him and sometimes he wouldn't even call me back. None of his estimates were right. The whole job was WAY over budget. I'm beginning to wonder if he was taking kick backs from the subs on the side.

If I were you, I wouldn't ever work with that *** again ;p
Originally Posted by HOSS429
getting ready for the 2011 HOT ROD power tour .. coming right thru the middle of alabama again this year .. i was in a bit of the 2005 tour .. this year i want to sit somewhere and watch them go by .. june 7th ..
Take pics for us
Old 5/23/11, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by HOSS429
And of course they run nowhere near Louisiana. Oh well, I'll be at cruising the coast in October for sure.
Old 5/23/11, 05:49 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
just to catch any possible fluids it might drip from time to time. Wouldnt wanna get them on 7
Good thinking!
Old 5/23/11, 06:07 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by wildstanglx90
Tragedy
Houtex's lack of understanding of how the game is played.

Old 5/23/11, 06:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Houtex's lack of understanding of how the game is played.

hehehehe
Old 5/23/11, 06:59 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The R and 7 are in their new permanent places now.

Me and the wife and kids are too.

Looks sweet Gary, How many times have you hit your head getting into Seven?

Well there's no denying your status as a baller now. Nobody but a baller uses the word, or even has a porte-cochère. Hell, I had to google to find out what the **** it was.
Is that anything like a port-a-potty?

Old 5/23/11, 07:18 PM
Post *****

I swear I've been trying to 'checkout' my order for a lawn mower for like 3 hours this afternoon. I can't make myself hit enter. I mean owning a lawn mower is in the top 10 things that I don't do - that are 'against my religion' - against my belief system - like get married again or belong to a church group again. A lawn mower is that bad to me! lol
But I have to do something. I dropped a few trees for a mountain view and a barn and who knew grass would grow - about a half acre grass and weeds. Been using a string trimmer for 5+ years now and its on its last legs. Besides it makes my bad arm go numb after about an hour. I want my pine needles/forest floor back!!! UGH!!

Time for a whisky. I need to get some nerve!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/23/11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 07:28 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I swear I've been trying to 'checkout' my order for a lawn mower for like 3 hours this afternoon. I can't make myself hit enter. I mean owning a lawn mower is in the top 10 things that I don't do - that are 'against my religion' - against my belief system - like get married again or belong to a church group again. A lawn mower is that bad to me! lol
But I have to do something. I dropped a few trees for a mountain view and a barn and who knew grass would grow - about a half acre grass and weeds. Been using a string trimmer for 5+ years now and its on its last legs. Besides it makes my bad arm go numb after about an hour. I want my pine needles/forest floor back!!! UGH!!

I got one of these for the house.

Went to Tasca over the weekend to pick up 4 TPMS to make a TPMS bomb. I hate to break down the new rims just to install the correct sensors. They wanted $65 each and then they only had 3 in-stock and he wasn't sure if he could even find them... just picked up a set of 4 from AM for $150, including the bands and the reset tool.
Old 5/23/11, 07:39 PM

I now have a little brother in law who needs the money. No more grass cutting for me. Someone out there needs your money more than you need a lawnmower.
Old 5/23/11, 07:51 PM
Post *****

I couldn't do it. lol

Originally Posted by 07S197
I got one of these for the house.
Grew up on a Cadet. Worked great but I cut so much grass as a kid I made vows when I left St Louis.
Old 5/23/11, 07:56 PM
Post *****

I now have a little brother in law who needs the money. No more grass cutting for me. Someone out there needs your money more than you need a lawnmower.
Good idea. But I'm pretty sure everybody that lives out here is older than me. I haven't seen kids in years! lolol
Old 5/23/11, 08:01 PM

Good idea. But I'm pretty sure everybody that lives out here is older than me. I haven't seen kids in years! lolol
Next option. Buy some goats.
Old 5/23/11, 08:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/pr...temId=cat50096

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/23/11 at 08:03 PM.
Old 5/23/11, 08:04 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Next option. Buy some goats.
As long as its been since he had a woman out there, I would fear for the safety and well being of the goats.
Old 5/23/11, 08:09 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
As long as its been since he had a woman out there, I would fear for the safety and well being of the goats.
He moved to Mississippi?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast