General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I want a set of these exhaust bad.

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/22 | 11:09 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Yes indeed Kevin and myself have gotten through it and we are cool.. Should had realized from the very beginning not to follow the advice provided by inaccurate sources for clouding my better judgement.. That being said, my apologies for my earlier lack of judgement and for any misunderstandings on my part, as they were never meant as intentional.. Most of all, Kevin's expertise was sorely missed during the past 10+ years due to family illness and just thrilled he is back with us all here on TMS

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/25/22 at 11:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
05stangkc (9/26/22), wanted33 (9/26/22)
Old 9/26/22 | 01:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I see you Joined in 2012. I was pretty much gone by then. I don't Know how Active it Was then But Boy in My Day It was Unreal! We were So Hungry for Any tidbit on the SN197-S We learned all we could as Fast as we Could. I was on here Like Crazy. Selling the Latest & Greatest Before Anybody Else even Knew the Part was Out! I hope we can Rekindle Some of That Family Collective as We Now Try To Preserve what was All New in The Beginning. I'm Sticking to What I Know for the Most Part 05-09's Although I had Some Classic's as Well! I'm Lost on the 2015 Ups. Anyhoo Glad we Still have a Few S-197 Diehards!

KC
I get it Kevin. My wife's '18 S-550 in an amazing car, and she said she'd be hard pressed to ever let it go. And, I agree that it is a car that one would keep. But, the S-197 is my favorite of all, and I enjoy driving it much more than I do the '18. I was lost when I sold my '06, and the CEO of my humble empire knew I was. When she told me to get another I was all in. I have certainly learned my lesson, and don't plan of selling this one no matter what someone offers me for it.

BTW, we'll do our best to keep this forum alive. If it boils down to just 5/6 of us we'll keep the dream alive.
The following 2 users liked this post by wanted33:
05stangkc (9/26/22), NC14GT (9/27/22)
Old 9/26/22 | 01:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Yes indeed Kevin and myself have gotten through it and we are cool.. Should had realized from the very beginning not to follow the advice provided by inaccurate sources for clouding my better judgement.. That being said, my apologies for my earlier lack of judgement and for any misunderstandings on my part, as they were never meant as intentional.. Most of all, Kevin's expertise was sorely missed during the past 10+ years due to family illness and just thrilled he is back with us all here on TMS

Rocky, maybe you were just "exhausted" from trying to figure it all out my friend.

Yeah, I know............ I just couldn't help myself..........

Last edited by wanted33; 9/26/22 at 01:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/26/22)
Old 9/26/22 | 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by wanted33
Rocky, maybe you were just "exhausted" from trying to figure it all out my friend.

You're absolutely spot on Jim! Not only was I exhausted from trying to figure out this entire mess, but also extremely stressed out as well.. If only I had been thinking with a clear head, in the first place? All I needed to do was just crawl underneath the **** car and locate the OEM part number on the hangers themselves

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/26/22 at 01:56 PM.
wanted33 (9/27/22)
Old 9/26/22 | 02:00 PM
The Analog Admin!

Rocky, maybe you were just "exhausted" trying to figure it all out my friend.

Far Be it From Me to MUFFLE your Enthusiasm!

I see your were Just Trying to set The TONE!

It's a PIPE Dream of Mine to Be the Ultimate Punmeister!

My TIP for you is the More Puns the Better!

What's Ironic is During Our Issue I managed to PIPE out a Pun Anyway.

I told Rocky I Had Done EXHAUSTIVE Research Right out of the Gate!

Thankfully there were only a Few HANGERS on watching!

I CLAMPED Down on the Posts & Deleted and They Disappeared like SMOKE!

It was not very Becoming for a Couple of guys in our Age BRACKET!

But in the End!

True Story!

KC

Now This Post Was EXHAUSTIVE!

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/26/22 at 03:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (9/27/22), wanted33 (9/27/22)
Old 9/26/22 | 06:02 PM

Far Be it From Me to MUFFLE your Enthusiasm!

I see your were Just Trying to set The TONE!

It's a PIPE Dream of Mine to Be the Ultimate Punmeister!

My TIP for you is the More Puns the Better!

What's Ironic is During Our Issue I managed to PIPE out a Pun Anyway.

I told Rocky I Had Done EXHAUSTIVE Research Right out of the Gate!

Thankfully there were only a Few HANGERS on watching!

I CLAMPED Down on the Posts & Deleted and They Disappeared like SMOKE!

It was not very Becoming for a Couple of guys in our Age BRACKET!

But in the End!

True Story!

KC

Now This Post Was EXHAUSTIVE!

Couldn't agree more nor had worded any better myself
05stangkc (9/26/22), wanted33 (9/27/22)
Old 10/9/22 | 02:31 PM
The Analog Admin!

FROM WANTED 33,

Posted in Wrong Forum Previously.

Best I could Do! Deleted Other Posts in Wrong Forum.

@wanted33

Update of the "nuther update".

Sadly I've found that Rocky was right about the Borla S-Type. The things roar terribly between 1200-1800 rpms with the engine under a load. I was hoping I could get used to it, but a trip to Myrtle Beach proved to me I can never adapt. So, my new thinking now is the things suck. They are coming off as soon as I get home (Monday), and the stock ones are going back on. Then the Borla's will be returned. Borla says the things don't have a drone, but they do have a hell of a roar in the cabin that Borla didn't mention.

I've got a line on a set of FR500's, and hopefully that will pan out. The seller is on vacation until week after next, and said he'll get back with me to get them shipped. If this doesn't work out, keeping the stock exhaust ain't the end of the world until I can "maybe" find those elusive 500's.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/9/22 at 02:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (10/9/22), wanted33 (10/9/22)
Old 10/9/22 | 02:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

FROM WANTED 33,

@wanted33

Sadly I've found that Rocky was right about the Borla S-Type. The things roar terribly between 1200-1800 rpms with the engine under a load. I was hoping I could get used to it, but a trip to Myrtle Beach proved to me I can never adapt. So, my new thinking now is the things suck. They are coming off as soon as I get home (Monday), and the stock ones are going back on. Then the Borla's will be returned. Borla says the things don't have a drone, but they do have a hell of a roar in the cabin that Borla didn't mention.

I've got a line on a set of FR500's, and hopefully that will pan out. The seller is on vacation until week after next, and said he'll get back with me to get them shipped. If this doesn't work out, keeping the stock exhaust ain't the end of the world until I can "maybe" find those elusive 500's.
Thank you much Kevin.
m05fastbackGT (10/9/22)
Old 10/9/22 | 05:20 PM

FROM WANTED 33,

@wanted33

Thanks to Kevin for placing the posts in the correct thread! In regards to Jim's experience with the Borla S-types as mentioned in a previous post, I made the switch from the S-types to Borla ATAK's for the exact same reason, which was I could no longer tolerate the interior resonance drone between 1200-2000 RPM with the engine under load at 50-60 MPH while in 5th gear on the interstate nor on local streets when approaching upgrades.. Nevertheless, there is still some interior resonance drone with the Borla ATAK axle-backs, but at least now the drone is both much more tolerable and livable to deal with.. Therefore, I would recommend to anyone who is unable to get their hands on the discontinued Ford Performance FR500S aka GT500KR axle-back exhaust kit, to seriously consider the Borla ATAK axle-back kit as a competitive alternative to the FR500S exhaust system.
wanted33 (10/10/22)
Old 10/10/22 | 05:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks to Kevin for placing the posts in the correct thread! In regards to Jim's experience with the Borla S-types as mentioned in a previous post, I made the switch from the S-types to Borla ATAK's for the exact same reason, which was I could no longer tolerate the interior resonance drone between 1200-2000 RPM with the engine under load at 50-60 MPH while in 5th gear on the interstate nor on local streets when approaching upgrades.. Nevertheless, there is still some interior resonance drone with the Borla ATAK axle-backs, but at least now the drone is both much more tolerable and livable to deal with.. Therefore, I would recommend to anyone who is unable to get their hands on the discontinued Ford Performance FR500S aka GT500KR axle-back exhaust kit, to seriously consider the Borla ATAK axle-back kit as a competitive alternative to the FR500S exhaust system.
It's sad that Borla would advertise the S-Types with no drone. They are playing with words to sell the mufflers, and that shouldn't happen in a company with their reputation. When I emailed them they were quick to reply with an answer that sounded like it was written by a politician. It was basically, "thank you for contacting us, that is something we need to look at in the future, blah, blah, blah". So to me, they already know. But they just don't care.
m05fastbackGT (10/10/22)
Old 10/10/22 | 05:51 PM

It's sad that Borla would advertise the S-Types with no drone. They are playing with words to sell the mufflers, and that shouldn't happen in a company with their reputation. When I emailed them they were quick to reply with an answer that sounded like it was written by a politician. It was basically, "thank you for contacting us, that is something we need to look at in the future, blah, blah, blah". So to me, they already know. But they just don't care.
Welcome to the world of advertised marketing! In reality, it's all nothing but a bunch of marketing hype B.S just in order to entice customers into purchasing their products... It's the same old crap which has been taking place for ages.. The major difference between how they went about it back in the day versus our current/modern 21st century is everything now has to be described in a politically correct format... Other than that, very little has changed lol. Unless exhaust companies like Corsa Performance Exhaust and Solo Performance exhaust state in writing their exhaust system kits are guaranteed to not produce interior resonance drone? consider any other claims which are provided with a grain of salt

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/10/22 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10/11/22 | 09:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Welcome to the world of advertised marketing! In reality, it's all nothing but a bunch of marketing hype B.S just in order to entice customers into purchasing their products... It's the same old crap which has been taking place for ages.. The major difference between how they went about it back in the day versus our current/modern 21st century is everything now has to be described in a politically correct format... Other than that, very little has changed lol. Unless exhaust companies like Corsa Performance Exhaust and Solo Performance exhaust state in writing their exhaust system kits are guaranteed to not produce interior resonance drone? consider any other claims which are provided with a grain of salt
That is so true my friend. Well, they are Borla's again to do as they wish. It's the last money they will ever get from me. As an old teacher of mine always said, "You can go to hell for lying just as fast as you can for stealin', and cheatin' " That little pearl of wisdom have stuck with me since I was in his class.
Old 10/11/22 | 03:47 PM

If I had to do over again, I would had went with the FR500S axle-backs while they were still in production.. Could had also went with Corsa Performance Exhaust, but their axle-back kits were outside my budget.. As mentioned earlier, I can at least handle the minimum amount of resonance drone from my current Borla ATAK axle-backs, but was not able to handle the interior resonance drone produced from my previous Borla S-Types!
wanted33 (10/11/22)
Old 10/11/22 | 04:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If I had to do over again, I would had went with the FR500S axle-backs while they were still in production.. Could had also went with Corsa Performance Exhaust, but their axle-back kits were outside my budget.. As mentioned earlier, I can at least handle the minimum amount of resonance drone from my current Borla ATAK axle-backs, but was not able to handle the interior resonance drone produced from my previous Borla S-Types!
I'm hoping the young man that has the FR500's for sell will follow through. From our communications he seems to be OK, but these days you never know what may happen. We were raised in a time when a man's word was his bond. Things sure has changed over the years, and many times not for the better.
m05fastbackGT (10/11/22)
Old 10/11/22 | 07:37 PM

I'm hoping the young man that has the FR500's for sell will follow through. From our communications he seems to be OK, but these days you never know what may happen. We were raised in a time when a man's word was his bond. Things sure has changed over the years, and many times not for the better.
Jim! For your sake, I hope the seller also comes through for you as well...I fully agree that back in the day we were indeed raised that a person's word could be depended on, much like a person's handshake was considered as honoring a business transaction between 2 people... Like you said, times have indeed changed and unfortunately, not always for the better
wanted33 (10/12/22)
Old 10/26/22 | 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Boom, the search for the elusive Unicorn we call the FR500S exhaust has finally payed off. I just couldn't get the first guy to ship his, and it's good I kept my search going. A set popped up on FB Marketplace yesterday for $400, and I jumped on them like a fat kid eating cake. We're heading to Myrtle Beach ,SC this Sunday, and we'll take a little detour over to North Augusta, SC to pick them up on the way.

Last edited by wanted33; 10/26/22 at 12:20 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by wanted33:
Bert (10/26/22), m05fastbackGT (10/27/22), NC14GT (10/27/22)
Old 10/26/22 | 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

congratulations! thank heaven for small victories, LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by Bert:
NC14GT (10/27/22), wanted33 (10/26/22)
Old 10/26/22 | 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bert
congratulations! thank heaven for small victories, LOL
I haven't had that kind of luck in a long time Bert. I guess it's the clean livin'.......................
Bert (10/27/22)
Old 10/27/22 | 10:42 AM

Boom, the search for the elusive Unicorn we call the FR500S exhaust has finally payed off. I just couldn't get the first guy to ship his, and it's good I kept my search going. A set popped up on FB Marketplace yesterday for $400, and I jumped on them like a fat kid eating cake. We're heading to Myrtle Beach ,SC this Sunday, and we'll take a little detour over to North Augusta, SC to pick them up on the way.

Glad the elusive search for the FR500S exhaust has finally paid off! Congrats Jim
NC14GT (10/27/22), wanted33 (10/27/22)
Old 11/19/22 | 03:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Finally got a chance to get the FR500's installed today. Oh yeah, she sounds like a Mustang should now.
The following 3 users liked this post by wanted33:
m05fastbackGT (11/21/22), NC14GT (11/20/22), Siber Express (11/19/22)

Quick Reply: I want a set of these exhaust bad.