General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/13, 05:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel

In the winter my car only allows me to fill up my car half way and the fuel gauge doesn't show me its even half way tell the next morning. Does anybody else have/had this problem? If so please tell me how you fixed it.
Old 2/4/13, 02:58 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Not sure about the gauge reading but we had all kinds of trouble filling our Mustang up on a vacation to New York last summer. It kept 'clicking off' at some stations even though the tank was less than half full. An attendant in NJ (I guess there is a law there that you can't pump your own gas) showed us a trick. Just hold the nozzle upside down when dispensing the gas. It somehow changes the pressure or vacuum and the tank fills up easily. It looks strange when you do it but that's life. It wasn't all gas stations, just some. I'm not sure if this will help you, but give it a try. Good luck!
Old 2/5/13, 05:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks I will probably going to need to fill my tank up this weekend!
Old 2/5/13, 08:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Not sure about the gauge reading but we had all kinds of trouble filling our Mustang up on a vacation to New York last summer. It kept 'clicking off' at some stations even though the tank was less than half full. An attendant in NJ (I guess there is a law there that you can't pump your own gas) showed us a trick. Just hold the nozzle upside down when dispensing the gas. It somehow changes the pressure or vacuum and the tank fills up easily. It looks strange when you do it but that's life. It wasn't all gas stations, just some. I'm not sure if this will help you, but give it a try. Good luck!
I had to do this forever. Now for some reason about 95% of the time if I fill up at a shell station in my town at a 1/4 tank I don't have any problems
Old 2/5/13, 08:58 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
I had to do this forever. Now for some reason about 95% of the time if I fill up at a shell station in my town at a 1/4 tank I don't have any problems
It's strange. We rarely have trouble locally. Maybe different states or stations have certain requirements as far as pressure or 'shut off' calibrations.