General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ego Boost

Old 4/23/15, 04:56 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Ego Boost

I stopped by the Ford store where I got my Fusion a few months ago. I needed to pick up touch up paint for some pin-dot chips on my Mustang.

I parked my Mustang near the showroom, and when I was done in the parts department I checked out the dealer's stash of 2015's. A salesman came outside, asked me if I needed help, and I explained why I was there. He spotted my car, said "whoa", did a 180 and grabbed two more salesman to come check out my car. One salesman even thought it was a Shelby from a distance.

Of course I had no choice but to give them the ten cent tour, showed them the engine bay, described what mods I've done. A few minutes later the service manager came out, saw the commotion, and joined the crowd. They all loved it when I fired up the GT500 mufflers.

It was pretty cool. I had to go all the way around the dealership to exit, and there they were, all four of them, waiting to see the black Mustang drive out of the lot.

'Twas a nice day.
Old 4/26/15, 09:15 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
I had the same experience when I test drove a Fusion to get the $50 offer Ford was giving away for taking that test drive. You would have thought they never saw a Mustang before. It was a bit strange on a Ford lot. I'll admit my GT/CS is show quality but the reaction was not expected. Maybe it's a new sales technique to get you to trade it in or buy a new Ford.
By the way, no offense to you, but I'm no fan of the Fusion after the test drive. It's like an appliance compared to a Mustang. I was quite disappointed and won't look at Fusions the same way anymore. I always though they were cool in Nascar, even with the 'funny car' bodies. Oh well...
Old 4/26/15, 10:11 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
By the way, no offense to you, but I'm no fan of the Fusion after the test drive. It's like an appliance compared to a Mustang. I was quite disappointed and won't look at Fusions the same way anymore. I always though they were cool in Nascar, even with the 'funny car' bodies. Oh well...
No offense taken. As a matter of fact, you've best described the Fusion as an appliance because that's exactly what it is to me. Certainly I keep it clean, but that's $14 worth of clean through a car wash. I save my energy for detailing the Mustang.

The Fusion is perfect for bad weather or if I'm transporting more than one passenger. I don't fear taking tight parking spots close to the store or hauling stuff around. When a bird takes a dumps all over it like today, I clean it when I feel like it. It's leased for $150 per month less than my last Fusion, a 2012 which was a much nicer car...SEL V-6, leather, better tires, nicer wheels, etc. But the '12 was my daily driver and only car before I got the Mustang.

The '14 gets the job done, and it's job is to keep the Mustang from getting $hitted up.
Old 4/26/15, 11:25 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I stopped by the Ford store where I got my Fusion a few months ago. I needed to pick up touch up paint for some pin-dot chips on my Mustang.

I parked my Mustang near the showroom, and when I was done in the parts department I checked out the dealer's stash of 2015's. A salesman came outside, asked me if I needed help, and I explained why I was there. He spotted my car, said "whoa", did a 180 and grabbed two more salesman to come check out my car. One salesman even thought it was a Shelby from a distance.

Of course I had no choice but to give them the ten cent tour, showed them the engine bay, described what mods I've done. A few minutes later the service manager came out, saw the commotion, and joined the crowd. They all loved it when I fired up the GT500 mufflers.

It was pretty cool. I had to go all the way around the dealership to exit, and there they were, all four of them, waiting to see the black Mustang drive out of the lot.

'Twas a nice day.

Of course. this doesn't surprise me. It's gorgeous and stands oout
Old 4/26/15, 12:51 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Of course. this doesn't surprise me. It's gorgeous and stands oout
Thanks Darren. But at the cruise this morning I might as well have been driving a Prius. If they gave out awards today, I would have gotten a Parked In The Back Lot Trophy, and it would have been inscribed as "Also Participated".

See elsewhere for today's pics. I didn't even scratch the surface. Seriously amazing cars today.
Old 4/27/15, 05:53 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
No offense taken. As a matter of fact, you've best described the Fusion as an appliance because that's exactly what it is to me. Certainly I keep it clean, but that's $14 worth of clean through a car wash. I save my energy for detailing the Mustang.

The Fusion is perfect for bad weather or if I'm transporting more than one passenger. I don't fear taking tight parking spots close to the store or hauling stuff around. When a bird takes a dumps all over it like today, I clean it when I feel like it. It's leased for $150 per month less than my last Fusion, a 2012 which was a much nicer car...SEL V-6, leather, better tires, nicer wheels, etc. But the '12 was my daily driver and only car before I got the Mustang.

The '14 gets the job done, and it's job is to keep the Mustang from getting $hitted up.
No need to explain. I would take a Fusion any day of the week over what I used to own for daily stuff in my working days. MINIVANS!!
Old 4/28/15, 05:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

'Twas a nice day.

Great story!

My money says they still deny you warranty coverage if you ever need it lol....
Old 4/28/15, 06:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Great story!

My money says they still deny you warranty coverage if you ever need it lol....
hahahaha. Thats some great attention, and you had the time for it! I almost hate getting gas because I can't just get in and out of the station without someone asking about it. such a pain!
Old 5/6/15, 05:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
hahahaha. Thats some great attention, and you had the time for it! I almost hate getting gas because I can't just get in and out of the station without someone asking about it. such a pain!
euroballer!
Old 5/6/15, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'Twas a nice day.
Now that's what I'm talking' about - NICE!!!
Old 5/7/15, 06:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I gave an ego boost to a guy driving a Focus ST yesterday. Drove up next to him on the highway and gave him a thumbs-up. He pointed at my 500 and yelled back, "those aren't too shabby either!"