General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Dealership Tech Totals One Man's Dream Shelby

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/15, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Out come for the ZL1 owners.

This is hard to say for a Mustang guy but Hail GM!!!!

GM and Berger Chevy, in the words of Gaff from Blade Runner " You've done a Mans job sir."

http://www.torquenews.com/106/final-...o-zl1-delaware
Old 5/29/15, 03:12 PM

Very cool post Brewman. Nice to see that they stepped up. Even if it is gm lol. 👍👍👍
Old 5/29/15, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
That is how it is done.

Of course, now I'd be keeping away from the derelict dealership, but GM at least has what is hopefully a happy and loyal couple of owners again.

Well done!
Old 5/30/15, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not the first time that this has happened. As bad as it is and I can understand the pain and hurt that he feels it was still a accident and I m sure that the tech. did not mean to total his car and the tech. most likely lost his job behind this. I know this is hard but no one was killed or hurt and he has insurance the dealer ship has insurance so it will work it self out and I m sure he will be driving a Shelby soon.....
Old 5/30/15, 11:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
While I sympathize with your sympathizing, let's make it clear:

1) Car is taken to a dealership for warranty work.

2) That work has NOTHING to do with work that requires driving the car off site, as would be the case for a transmission issue, let us say.

3) It was on a Sunday this incident happened, and that is when they are closed. Joy ride. Of course the tech 'did not mean to total the car', but he DID mean to abuse his position at the dealership to have fun... which is completely and utterly unprofessional. He lost his job there of course.

4) Their employee. Their security. Their procedures, or lack thereof. 100% liable and accountable, no question.

5) Their attempting to then play off the situation, downgrade the worth, and other things they did does not warrant sympathy for the dealership.

6) GM knows that guy would be shouting to the heavens and decrying their entire brand over this, and there's one thing that had to happen, and did: New ZL1. Else you are correct, he'd be jumping brands.

Killed or hurt isn't really in the question here. Owning the mistake and making it right is. The employee in question isn't really the problem either. That THEY hired the guy might be, that THEY apparently don't have any control over their cars, that THEY can have this happen, that's why they needed to be spanked, and spanked well, over this.

GM did much more than they should have, as did the second dealership, in regards to this. That's how badly the original dealership screwed this up.

So like I said. GM, well done! Second dealership, well done! That's how it should have happened in the first place.
Old 5/31/15, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
While I sympathize with your sympathizing, let's make it clear:

1) Car is taken to a dealership for warranty work.

2) That work has NOTHING to do with work that requires driving the car off site, as would be the case for a transmission issue, let us say.

3) It was on a Sunday this incident happened, and that is when they are closed. Joy ride. Of course the tech 'did not mean to total the car', but he DID mean to abuse his position at the dealership to have fun... which is completely and utterly unprofessional. He lost his job there of course.

4) Their employee. Their security. Their procedures, or lack thereof. 100% liable and accountable, no question.

5) Their attempting to then play off the situation, downgrade the worth, and other things they did does not warrant sympathy for the dealership.

6) GM knows that guy would be shouting to the heavens and decrying their entire brand over this, and there's one thing that had to happen, and did: New ZL1. Else you are correct, he'd be jumping brands.

Killed or hurt isn't really in the question here. Owning the mistake and making it right is. The employee in question isn't really the problem either. That THEY hired the guy might be, that THEY apparently don't have any control over their cars, that THEY can have this happen, that's why they needed to be spanked, and spanked well, over this.

GM did much more than they should have, as did the second dealership, in regards to this. That's how badly the original dealership screwed this up.

So like I said. GM, well done! Second dealership, well done! That's how it should have happened in the first place.
Great post and it couldn't be explained better!

I wonder what GM did to punish the dealer who wrecked the car, so that it wouldn't happen again. After all, the dealership is a representative of the brand. Just as I wonder what Ford will do to rectify this Shelby issue.

ANY dealer can sell a car, it's the customer service after the fact that would make me go back or stay away! If you stop and think about it, I'd think that the dealer will make more money on servicing a car than on the sale of one over the course of the car's lifetime.