General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Comments made by strangers..share your stories

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/12, 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I enjoy walking up to my car and the people in front of me take notice of it, talk about it, wonder whose it is, then I unlock it, LED tail lights on, projector lights on, LED front running lights on - it's a sick looking car when you unlock it. Immediately heads turn to see whose walking up to it... I have yet to hear anybody say they don't like the GHIG....
When I have my piano gigs up at the local university, I have my own private parking spot reserved for me. And I have like a following now. People come from all over town to come watch me when they see my car. Lol

The girls seem to love it.
Old 11/29/12, 02:19 AM
Banned

I always thought it was corny and not true how you guys said that people give the thumbs up but its happened to me twice now

One awkward thing that happened is that I was at the barbers and one of em says"is that a 5.0 or a v6?" I said a v6 and he got sad im like ok ... theyre pretty beefy now anyway and he didnt say anything. My barber then said " yeah no point in having 420 horses on a daily anyway"

The guy who tinted my car did not believe me it was a v6 because of how it sounds so I had to reassure him, same with the guy next to me in a challenger srt8. Goes to show these v6s are pretty beefy. If they weren't like the 05-10s I woulda gotten the v8 instead.
Old 11/29/12, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
I used to get sex a lot, and then I got married. Oh... wait - you said "sexy".
My wife threatened to cut me off... I told her she couldn't... she didn't know where I was getting it from.
Old 12/1/12, 06:18 PM

I had a guy drive up to my 12 Boss and say he thought it was a Charger when he first saw it. He quickly was aware I was insulted but amused! I tried to explain the car but it was futile. Actions speak louder than words and I could have given him a ride but my seats are not Scotchguarded.
Old 12/2/12, 10:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I was at my 20 year high school reunion after party and I asked my high school dream girl out for a bite to eat after it ended. While in the parking structure a couple of high school kids in a new camaro stopped behind me while I was inline for the parking structure exit.

They were screaming sick 5.0. Rev it! Rev it! She asked me if I would have done a burn out if she wasn't there. I sheepishly said yes. At that moment, I realized why she never dated me. I am so not a rebel.
Old 12/2/12, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I was at my 20 year high school reunion after party and I asked my high school dream girl out for a bite to eat after it ended. While in the parking structure a couple of high school kids in a new camaro stopped behind me while I was inline for the parking structure exit.

They were screaming sick 5.0. Rev it! Rev it! She asked me if I would have done a burn out if she wasn't there. I sheepishly said yes. At that moment, I realized why she never dated me. I am so not a rebel.
Lmao!! Well hope it works out with the girl ha. Have people all the time ask me if it's blueprinted, they always assume because I have cams that I must have a blower or turbos or something. I always get the "stare" where they don't know what face to make so they just look with a weird "I think I farted" grin in their face.

My girlfriend grandfather always brings it up at dinners and says that he used to have a stock charger to run fifteens in a 1/4 mile and it would prolly beat me. I have still yet to tell him I have went 12.90s on street tires.

In my town, there's nothing but rednecks. Almost every time I go out "do a burnout!!!", "rev it up!!"

This car seems to attract two kinds of people. Rednecks, little kids who can't control there physical emotions haha!
Old 12/6/12, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by graham1992
In my town, there's nothing but rednecks. Almost every time I go out "do a burnout!!!", "rev it up!!"

This car seems to attract two kinds of people. Rednecks, little kids who can't control there physical emotions haha!
Old 12/7/12, 12:17 AM
Banned

I did a couple tweaks on my car today and it just sounds more aggresive and first time I drive it out, some guy comes up to me and was like omg I heard that thing drive up and it sounds insane, my friend is a camaro lover and I have been a mustang fan forever so can you rev it so I can record it and send it to him? I'm like hell yea! hahah it was awesome.
Old 12/7/12, 12:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
I did a couple tweaks on my car today and it just sounds more aggresive and first time I drive it out, some guy comes up to me and was like omg I heard that thing drive up and it sounds insane, my friend is a camaro lover and I have been a mustang fan forever so can you rev it so I can record it and send it to him? I'm like hell yea! hahah it was awesome.
Watcha tweak? Resonators? Cats?
Old 12/7/12, 01:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Watcha tweak? Resonators? Cats?
Nope because from the youtube videos ive seen, they all sound soooo raspy!

I posted a video of how it sounds like now in the 10-14 section

just a tune haha
Old 12/7/12, 05:51 AM

First drive

When I brought the Ronaele home it was about 10PM. It has long tubes, high flow cats, 1 resonator and a 3" side exhaust. Anyway it was loud getting in the garage. The next day my neighbor tells me his wife thought people were drag racing on our street and she wanred to call the police. I showed him the car . He went home and told his wife"no problem, Chuck has a new toy.'
Old 12/7/12, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chuckster
When I brought the Ronaele home it was about 10PM. It has long tubes, high flow cats, 1 resonator and a 3" side exhaust. Anyway it was loud getting in the garage. The next day my neighbor tells me his wife thought people were drag racing on our street and she wanred to call the police. I showed him the car . He went home and told his wife"no problem, Chuck has a new toy.'
Lol
Old 12/7/12, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
I was loading some 3x5 foot sheets of backer board into my trunk on day when some guy comes up and sayz no way that will fit in there NO Way. I said heck yea you should see some of the stuff I have crammed in here. He was impressed I got 6 sheets of that stuff in there. He complemented on how nice my car looked and went on his way. So I make my way to the drivers seat when another guy walks up and asked about my rims. He compliments me on my rims and asks about them and proceeds to tell me he has a 2012 and has been looking for rims for a while. We make small talk for a short while and he headed into the store. good stuff all the way around.

Last edited by Glenn; 12/7/12 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12/15/12, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Being the Wifey's car I only get to drive it a little.

But, I drove it to Starbuck's, and one of the regulars said, "I guess your Wife can out run you and your Corvette now". He may be right.......
Old 12/19/12, 12:04 AM

Lmao!! Well hope it works out with the girl ha. Have people all the time ask me if it's blueprinted, they always assume because I have cams that I must have a blower or turbos or something. I always get the "stare" where they don't know what face to make so they just look with a weird "I think I farted" grin in their face.

My girlfriend grandfather always brings it up at dinners and says that he used to have a stock charger to run fifteens in a 1/4 mile and it would prolly beat me. I have still yet to tell him I have went 12.90s on street tires.

Sounds like we're from the same hometown!! I live in North Florida close to the Ga. line in a small town called Live Oak (Suwannee County). If I may ask, where are you located!
Old 12/19/12, 12:10 AM

Have yet to have anything but complements no matter what age people are! Refreshing to see that people appreciate true American Muscle! Believe it or not, every ricer I've come across actually loves my car and has never said anything negative!!
Attached Thumbnails Comments made by strangers..share your stories-image-521926913.jpg  
Old 12/19/12, 12:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jeffj0905

Sounds like we're from the same hometown!! I live in North Florida close to the Ga. line in a small town called Live Oak (Suwannee County). If I may ask, where are you located!
Good Ole' Kentucky. At the very bottom at that. I live about 4 minutes from Tennessee. I guess there are rednecks everywhere...
Old 12/19/12, 12:13 AM
V6 Member

Have yet to have anything but complements no matter what age people are! Refreshing to see that people appreciate true American Muscle! Believe it or not, every ricer I've come across actually loves my car and has never said anything negative!!
Who the f*** would say anything bad about that ride.. God that makes me so mad i can't get a coyote.. Your car is sick man seriously.
Old 12/19/12, 12:30 AM

Who the f*** would say anything bad about that ride.. God that makes me so mad i can't get a coyote.. Your car is sick man seriously.
Beautiful Country where you're at! Hey man thanks for the complements. And furthermore, you have one BA Ride yourself! Very clean! Love the color, wheels, and hood you got! How much HP are you running? Mine was just on the Dyno and it turned out 571 at the RW! Need to to some mods on the suspension though. I can't even really hammer on it w/o ridiculous hop! SUCKS!! Not sure what I really want to go with yet. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Old 12/19/12, 01:07 AM
V6 Member

Beautiful Country where you're at! Hey man thanks for the complements. And furthermore, you have one BA Ride yourself! Very clean! Love the color, wheels, and hood you got! How much HP are you running? Mine was just on the Dyno and it turned out 571 at the RW! Need to to some mods on the suspension though. I can't even really hammer on it w/o ridiculous hop! SUCKS!! Not sure what I really want to go with yet. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
First of all? I hate you.. I only got 326rwhp on a low number Dyno. So 340ish on a decent Dyno. And if you haven't already thought about, whipple that f***ing thing!!

Quick Reply: Comments made by strangers..share your stories