General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Comments made by strangers..share your stories

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/12, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delz05
Best I've experienced... on my way into work, stopped at intersection. Cruiser pulls up beside me, cop asks " Any Mods?"... tell him about the S/C and such, he says "Lets hear it" left about 100feet of rubber and smoke, S/C screaming... cruiser stayed behind until the smoke clears and then pulls up beside me again... "Don't let your kids drive it!"
Awesome!
Old 10/24/12, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I first got my '05 GT, an older guy asked me if it was a '69.

Shortly after I swapped the trunk emblem to the pony from the GT emblem, I had a group of noisy guys in a SRT4 yelling at me that it wasn't a GT.

A month ago, I had a young lady ask me why I wasn't driving it this year...
Old 10/24/12, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

I think my favorite thing ever said to me..

Up at the best photo spot in town overlooking the city, me and my buddy were taking pics of our cars together. He has a 2011 Camaro RS, I had my '06 Sixxer. Group of bikers come riding up and like 4 of them point at my car, and say they prefer the 'GT'. Haha I know that everyone isn't as well educated but seeing my buddies face when he said that, then proceed to talk down on my 4.0L tank. Haha they didn't care to listen they loved my car! Haha

Some pics from that day. Lol
Attached Thumbnails Comments made by strangers..share your stories-image-1824441128.jpg   Comments made by strangers..share your stories-image-2421152614.jpg   Comments made by strangers..share your stories-image-4151752635.jpg  
Old 10/24/12, 07:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Before I was cool.

A young man tells me "Your car is sick!"
I replied "My car is running great actually. I just changed the oil."

Another young man tells me "You got the Dubs!"
I said "No, I don't really listen to tapes anymore."

An older African American man pulls up next to me at a light, points to my rims and says "Now dats what I'm talkin bout!"
I reply, "How can you already be talking about these rims?" I had literally just gotten them on less than an hour before?

In all three cases, everyone rolled their eyes at me and smiled in sympathy. The same way you smile at the kids in the short bus when it drives past you.
Old 10/24/12, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Best I've experienced... on my way into work, stopped at intersection. Cruiser pulls up beside me, cop asks " Any Mods?"... tell him about the S/C and such, he says "Lets hear it" left about 100feet of rubber and smoke, S/C screaming... cruiser stayed behind until the smoke clears and then pulls up beside me again... "Don't let your kids drive it!"
Very cool
Old 10/24/12, 08:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My momma taught me to never talk to strangers.
Old 10/24/12, 08:57 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
My momma taught me to never talk to strangers.
Mine sent me out and told me to talk to every stranger I could find, especially if they had a van.
Old 10/24/12, 09:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Mine sent me out and told me to talk to every stranger I could find, especially if they had a van.
My brother routinely told me to "go play in the highway!"
Old 10/24/12, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I also had a lady say "what a nice camaro you have".. I died alittle inside. Just think these people vote.
Dam dude that sucks
Old 10/27/12, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Not necessarily a comment but lastnight I was leaving a supermarket and saw 2 couples standing at the back of my car staring and pointing. Made me proud of my girl hehe
Old 10/27/12, 06:24 PM
V6 Member

..... cruiser stayed behind until the smoke clears and then pulls up beside me again... "Don't let your kids drive it!"
Bravo ! we have a winner.

No way it was in Ohio...
/RZ
Old 10/27/12, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Richiezoom
Bravo ! we have a winner.

No way it was in Ohio...
/RZ
Not so fast....

Sitting at a light. Look around for the popo as I am in the mood for a little nono. All clear... Light turns green and I jump on it through 3rd. Car was L O U D loud a the time. About the time I grab third however I notice a silver evo in the side view mirror. He was right behind me at the light and I had not noticed him. He obviously took my nono as a challenge. He gains a little just as I shut it down ,as I see in the other direction the popo hanging out the window going the other direction. UHoH I say to myself. The evo continues to laugh and taunt me since he had not noticed the popo. I just smile and wave. In the rear view mirror I see him coming. Saying a few prayers as he pulls up next to me he winks and proceeds to light up the evo. I can only wave and go on my way.....
Old 10/29/12, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Boston...
Old 10/29/12, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I get a lot of "Oh, really? Looks good!" when I tell people she's an '06. As if it can't be believed... and she's not even clean. I tell 'em she's got 88500 on her odo, so maybe that's part of it... either that, or those Coopers are really cool lookin' on her...

The workers in the drive through comments, generally saying "I love your car, man!"

I don't remember if I posted this before... well, frack it. I'mma post it again. It's not exactly a straight out comment, but... I was at a stop light, and a car pulled up behind me, and I usually watch the cars behind me when I'm stopped because I almost got hit by one. I like to know if they're payin' attention... It actually saved my butt one time... but I digress.

So this one pulls up, and immediately the driver dives down behind the dash, looking for something... pops up and aims her camera at Awesome, and snaps a pic. She's studying it, then looks up, and notices I have my "thumbs up" out the window.. she thumbs up and smiles.

Awesome's name tag does that kind of stuff occasionally. Totally. Worth. The Pennies.

Last edited by houtex; 10/29/12 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10/29/12, 09:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex

So this one pulls up, and immediately the driver dives down behind the dash, looking for something... pops up and aims her camera at Awesome, and snaps a pic.
I get that a lot. I can't even count the times I've had people taking pictures of it going down the road. Had several that scared the crap out of me, come weaving through traffic and then slow down when they get beside me. First thought is that I've pissed someone off and they're about to start shooting, lol, then I look over and someone in the car will be taking pictures. Speed up taking pics of the front, then slow down and get behind and take more pics.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/29/12 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10/30/12, 02:28 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this one time a cop said I was speeding and doing bad things..
Old 10/30/12, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
this one time a cop said I was speeding and doing bad things..
How nice of him
Old 10/30/12, 05:14 AM
FR500 Member

In my 02 i spent every day cleanin it up and every week a full detail. Really showed by all the compliments i hot. "Cleanest black stang i seen" or "****, hella mean!" Ppl loved my exhaust set-up and how i can chirp all 4 gears!

In my 12 i get plenty stares, double takes, "nice car" "sweet ride" "nice ***" and things like that. Nothing beats this though... A 67 fastback in black, fully built and a middle age man pulled up next to me on the highway. Wd looked at each other, he gave me a nod and a thumbs up. We drove side by side for about 5 minutes and then he planted the pedal and was gone. Best day of my life(:
Old 11/28/12, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

I've been reading this thread and feeling bad that nobody ever notices my car, but then all this stuff happened the past few weeks.

--A couple of skateboarders in the parking lot. "Nice car, dude!"

--Walking out of a movie theater. Two teens are walking ahead of me, I unlock my car and the pony logo projects on the ground. One of the guys starts jumping on top of the logo. lol "Nice car man. I'm jealous."

-- Buying a sandwich. "What year is your mustang? Is that the cobra? It's pretty."

-- Just happened today. Lady walking stops me. I roll down my window and she starts asking questions. "What year? Own or lease? My dad used to work at Ford so we're a Mustang family. We're not Corvette people!"
Old 11/28/12, 04:08 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

I enjoy walking up to my car and the people in front of me take notice of it, talk about it, wonder whose it is, then I unlock it, LED tail lights on, projector lights on, LED front running lights on - it's a sick looking car when you unlock it. Immediately heads turn to see whose walking up to it... I have yet to hear anybody say they don't like the GHIG....

Quick Reply: Comments made by strangers..share your stories