General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

It was brought to my attention someone is trying to scam all of you...

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/12, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down It was brought to my attention someone is trying to scam all of you...

As some of you may or may not know, I recently sold my car. I listed it on multiple forums, as well as autotrader, but never ever listed it on eBay. Someone sent me a PM about it and I looked into it. Someone sole all the content, narrative and all, from my ads and placed a false ad on ebay as a scam. I've already reported it, but in case they don't take action, please spread the word about this scam. The new owner of the car doesn't even live in Texas, and he absolutely freaking loves the car, and I just spoke with him, he's not selling it either, lol. Link to said scam below. Good looking out y'all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...#ht_500wt_1182

There was another one on ebay with the pics of my wheels claiming he was selling them. I informed him that the pictures are copyrighted and he has no permission to use them and will be fined if he didn't remove them. The pics were taken down from that ad, but I've seen them spring up in other areas. If anyone ever has any questions about anything I'm supposedly selling, please PM me. Thanks again.
Old 4/22/12, 01:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
As some of you may or may not know, I recently sold my car. I listed it on multiple forums, as well as autotrader, but never ever listed it on eBay. Someone sent me a PM about it and I looked into it. Someone sole all the content, narrative and all, from my ads and placed a false ad on ebay as a scam. I've already reported it, but in case they don't take action, please spread the word about this scam. The new owner of the car doesn't even live in Texas, and he absolutely freaking loves the car, and I just spoke with him, he's not selling it either, lol. Link to said scam below. Good looking out y'all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...#ht_500wt_1182

There was another one on ebay with the pics of my wheels claiming he was selling them. I informed him that the pictures are copyrighted and he has no permission to use them and will be fined if he didn't remove them. The pics were taken down from that ad, but I've seen them spring up in other areas. If anyone ever has any questions about anything I'm supposedly selling, please PM me. Thanks again.
Sorry you're having to deal with this crap. Fortunately, you found these bogus ads, but who knows how many others are out there.

Let us know how ebay responds.
Old 4/22/12, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand the scam... unless someone gives him money before the sale. Can't you also leave feedback on his account?
Old 4/22/12, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find this part of the ad kind of ironic:

You've Got Your Eye on a 2011 Ford Mustang.
We've Got Our Eye on the Vehicle's History.

^ Well, you better have your eye on the vehicle's history, because this "seller" is NOT the owner!!

It's too bad there isn't more of a penalty they can bring down on people like this!
Old 4/22/12, 02:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bid that sucker up, $1,000,000 ought to do it..