General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

3 weeks in and what? Am I normal? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/14, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTaminator
I know your local, and THAT may be my wallet's downfall, haha. I actually think I'm going to do "handling" first....and then the more cosmetic stuff. Hubs is NOT convinced on that because he doesn't want the ride quality to suffer....for the little he drives it (2 back surgeries and 1 neck surgery later). I on the other hand, drive it a lot on these el crappo Bay Area roads, so looking for a happy medium. Maybe the FRPP all-in-one.
I ordered suspension first too (couldn't help it with the Koni Yellows on sale for $560 shipped). If you don't want to go too low, and don't want a stiff ride, I'd do the Steeda Ultralights, Koni Oranges, Steeda heavy duty strut mounts, and may as well throw the Steeda PHB in to re-center the axle. I have a J&M PHB and LCAs, which I got off a member here, but I plan on doing a Watts Link later, at which time I'll probably change everything else out to Steeda (minus tw Koni Yellows).

Then you're going to see how nasty the +40 offset 18s look in your fenders and want wider wheels... Personally, if I had Race Red, I'd go against the grain and do all silver accents. I think I mentioned that before. I'd do the silver SVE drifts, silver Boss stripes (maybe even do the spoiler silver too), paint the calipers red, and call it good on the exterior. But that would be me. You need to hear Joe's V6 with the Solo catback exhaust that we helped develop. Even on a V6 auto, it would sound amazing. It's much smoother and burbly compared to the axleback offerings on the market. We're almost ready to start marketing it. May as well go all out and do the quad tip conversion too
Old 12/5/14, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I ordered suspension first too (couldn't help it with the Koni Yellows on sale for $560 shipped). If you don't want to go too low, and don't want a stiff ride, I'd do the Steeda Ultralights, Koni Oranges, Steeda heavy duty strut mounts, and may as well throw the Steeda PHB in to re-center the axle. I have a J&M PHB and LCAs, which I got off a member here, but I plan on doing a Watts Link later, at which time I'll probably change everything else out to Steeda (minus tw Koni Yellows).

Then you're going to see how nasty the +40 offset 18s look in your fenders and want wider wheels... Personally, if I had Race Red, I'd go against the grain and do all silver accents. I think I mentioned that before. I'd do the silver SVE drifts, silver Boss stripes (maybe even do the spoiler silver too), paint the calipers red, and call it good on the exterior. But that would be me. You need to hear Joe's V6 with the Solo catback exhaust that we helped develop. Even on a V6 auto, it would sound amazing. It's much smoother and burbly compared to the axleback offerings on the market. We're almost ready to start marketing it. May as well go all out and do the quad tip conversion too
Sounds great, when can I drop my car off to you and pick it up again? LOL. So, the S. Ultralights are less stiff than Eibach's, FRPP, and SR Springs? I really do want better handling, but not at the expense of my husband's back. Somewhat stiff is one thing, too stiff is another. Did I really just say that? haha.

I've thought about silver....gloss black....matte black....darker metallic red....orange (YES!)...gold (I'd really like that , but it borders on being Niner colors - ugh).....aqua....white.....red/white/blue ala 2011 Daytona Pace car....dark gray......omg. Right now, I LOVE these wheels. Not sure how they would look on red (like crap?)...so I kinda wish my car was white now. They'd look killer on a white car, lol. Or even an orange car maybe.

Old 12/5/14, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sounds great, when can I drop my car off to you and pick it up again? LOL. So, the S. Ultralights are less stiff than Eibach's, FRPP, and SR Springs? I really do want better handling, but not at the expense of my husband's back. Somewhat stiff is one thing, too stiff is another. Did I really just say that? haha. I've thought about silver....gloss black....matte black....darker metallic red....orange (YES!)...gold (I'd really like that , but it borders on being Niner colors - ugh).....aqua....white.....red/white/blue ala 2011 Daytona Pace car....dark gray......omg. Right now, I LOVE these wheels. Not sure how they would look on red (like crap?)...so I kinda wish my car was white now. They'd look killer on a white car, lol. Or even an orange car maybe.
Lmao...black chrome?? go for it!!

Since I went black chrome, I'm having a hard time matching the accents. I ordered some metallic graphite plastidip, plus their glossifier. I'm going to do the centers of the hood vents, my RTR decklid and my MMD taillight bezels with the dip, and see how it turns out. If I like the finish, I'll do the license plate surround, rear valance, and grille surround the same.

As far as springs, the Ultralights are Steeda's softest springs. I ran the Eibach Pro-kit on my '00 V6 and I never cared for the ride - it was always bouncy to me. I had KYB AGX shocks and struts, and then Bilstein after those. The Bilsteins helped, but it was still bouncy on the freeway and too stiff around town. The FRPP's are known to be similar (I believe Eibach makes their springs, go figure).

Btw, guess what showed up today...
Attached Thumbnails 3 weeks in and what? Am I normal? LOL-image-3486725641.jpg  
Old 12/5/14, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And these...
Attached Thumbnails 3 weeks in and what? Am I normal? LOL-image-610421214.jpg  
Old 12/5/14, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Lmao...black chrome?? go for it!!

Since I went black chrome, I'm having a hard time matching the accents. I ordered some metallic graphite plastidip, plus their glossifier. I'm going to do the centers of the hood vents, my RTR decklid and my MMD taillight bezels with the dip, and see how it turns out. If I like the finish, I'll do the license plate surround, rear valance, and grille surround the same.

As far as springs, the Ultralights are Steeda's softest springs. I ran the Eibach Pro-kit on my '00 V6 and I never cared for the ride - it was always bouncy to me. I had KYB AGX shocks and struts, and then Bilstein after those. The Bilsteins helped, but it was still bouncy on the freeway and too stiff around town. The FRPP's are known to be similar (I believe Eibach makes their springs, go figure).

Btw, guess what showed up today...
Jeez, you're killing me!!! That exhaust looks great! The wheels above are not black chrome, lol. They are actually deep bronze face over black. You must be a little OCD with your matchi-matchi-ness....which is one of my big downfalls in life.

I'll check out the ultralights, thanks for the feedback. So...how much is that exhaust going to run? And would I have to change out the rear valance, or those tips will both fit in the existing tip spaces? And will I pass smog when the day comes?

Dang. Broker and broker, lol. You know your job well :-)
Old 12/5/14, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jeez, you're killing me!!! That exhaust looks great! The wheels above are not black chrome, lol. They are actually deep bronze face over black. You must be a little OCD with your matchi-matchi-ness....which is one of my big downfalls in life. I'll check out the ultralights, thanks for the feedback. So...how much is that exhaust going to run? And would I have to change out the rear valance, or those tips will both fit in the existing tip spaces? And will I pass smog when the day comes? Dang. Broker and broker, lol. You know your job well :-)
We have developed the kit to be available with the single tips (will work with stock valance, which I also Plastidipped black before I went quads) or quad tips, which you'd need the GT500 valance.

I'm going with the high flow cats, but you don't need to. In CA, any mod on the cats is technically not street legal, but my 03 with HF cats passed the sniffer test with flying colors (paid cash to pass visual).

I'm not sure on the final retail price of the V6 Catback. For the GT, it's currently $950 for a full catback, so I'm thinking the V6 catback should be about $850, but I'm not 100% sure on that...
Old 12/7/14, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
I had " stuff " waiting for both cars to show up. ( ordered both )
The 11 was modded over the course of ( 4 ) years, the last mod being installed in June 2014.
The 14, except for cosmetic items, was done in ( 9 ) months.
I don't have to plead, grovel, or debate anyone when it comes to mods.

Old 12/7/14, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
I had " stuff " waiting for both cars to show up. ( ordered both )
The 11 was modded over the course of ( 4 ) years, the last mod being installed in June 2014.
The 14, except for cosmetic items, was done in ( 9 ) months.
I don't have to plead, grovel, or debate anyone when it comes to mods.
Is it legal to have two Shelby's? Both really nice, love the wheels on the 14 :-)
Old 12/7/14, 09:32 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Two years of ownership and no changes here either! :-)
Old 12/7/14, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
You're doing it wrong...
Old 12/8/14, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

You're doing it wrong...
It would be so easy to quit "doing it wrong" if you'd just open your pocket book on all of our behalfs, just sayin'! lol
Old 12/8/14, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It would be so easy to quit "doing it wrong" if you'd just open your pocket book on all of our behalfs, just sayin'! lol
I painted my rear calipers yesterday and swapped in some of my LEDs from Diode Dynamics that I got on their BF sale. Going to do the front calipers and rest of the LEDs today
Old 12/8/14, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I painted my rear calipers yesterday and swapped in some of my LEDs from Diode Dynamics that I got on their BF sale. Going to do the front calipers and rest of the LEDs today
make sure to post some pics when you're done. I know you have the brembo's, so they're a different (and better) looking than mine will be. But I'd like to paint mine once winter passes.
Old 12/8/14, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Pic! No pics=it didn't happen, lol. Sounds like everything is coming together!

Tami
Old 12/8/14, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
make sure to post some pics when you're done. I know you have the brembo's, so they're a different (and better) looking than mine will be. But I'd like to paint mine once winter passes.
Yeah for the non Brembos, I would do black. They're already kinda silver stock. I only did the center section on the rears because the Brembo package has the rears painted black, but mine were fading already (probably due to my wheel cleaner). The brackets were still black though, so I kinda liked that look. The fronts, I'll be doing silver with School Bus Yellow Brembo font (I got stencils and factory SBY paint - no stickers).
Old 12/9/14, 12:43 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Blasphemy....heretic......burn him at the stake!!!!!
Old 12/9/14, 07:00 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'll be two years at the end of this month and still stock
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Blasphemy....heretic......burn him at the stake!!!!!
Hey why didn't you include the other Gary?!?
Old 12/9/14, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey why didn't you include the other Gary?!?
He has 6 other modded stangs!
Old 12/9/14, 07:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I added a trunk mat a month after I got it. Does that count? AM thinks so based on the daily emails I get.
Old 12/10/14, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

Almost a year and half and it is almost stock. Only changes to date are a trailer hitch (for bike rack), new front speakers and tonight I got rid of the prop rod and put on MRT hood struts. The only things I plan for the future are rear speakers, the gear (hate the 2.73) and a tune (leaning toward Steeda) .