General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

2016 Mustang ECO - Rattle/Rumble noise

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/22, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2016 Mustang ECO - Rattle/Rumble noise

Hi guys!

I have a 2016 EcoBoost Mustang. Recently it started to have an annoying sound like a rattle or vibration "somewhere" on the dash. It's not very loud but it only happens on idle near 1000rpm. This stops happening when you press the pedal to make the RPM's go higher OR when you open either the passenger door, or the driver's door.

Been to the dealer, but I think they went about it the wrong way and they replaced the Motor Mounts. No success. They pretty much did not take a look at the dash even after I suggested it.

I've tried wedging cardboard between the dash and the pillar on both sides but that does not solve the problem either.

Has anyone else had this issue? I keep seeing conversations where people have rattle during driving, but mine is at idle, and sometimes it is louder than others.

Old 5/6/22, 03:33 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
I would suggest taking your car to another dealership and specifically request to have the dash looked at.. Meanwhile, we all would be very interested in seeing some pics of your "16" EcoBoost Mustang, and also welcome aboard..
Old 5/6/22, 03:50 PM

Thanks buddy! Here’s a pic of the mustang. I was trying to avoid another dealer visit due to the car being out of warranty but it looks as though i may not have other options if i really want this resolved! I’ll post the answers to the mystery once i find out!
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (5/7/22)
Old 5/7/22, 03:09 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
Thanks for posting an image of your "16" EcoBoost Mustang, she looks really stunning.. Meanwhile, we'll all be looking forward to your updates in resolving the rattle mysteries.
Old 12/22/23, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same problem with a 16 too

Originally Posted by rob1963man
Hi guys!

I have a 2016 EcoBoost Mustang. Recently it started to have an annoying sound like a rattle or vibration "somewhere" on the dash. It's not very loud but it only happens on idle near 1000rpm. This stops happening when you press the pedal to make the RPM's go higher OR when you open either the passenger door, or the driver's door.

Been to the dealer, but I think they went about it the wrong way and they replaced the Motor Mounts. No success. They pretty much did not take a look at the dash even after I suggested it.

I've tried wedging cardboard between the dash and the pillar on both sides but that does not solve the problem either.

Has anyone else had this issue? I keep seeing conversations where people have rattle during driving, but mine is at idle, and sometimes it is louder than others.
I'm having the same problem... When I open either door it's stops it's like a rattling... It's almost like the speakers are blown but it's not... Did you ever figure it out?
Old 12/22/23, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruckmans9647
I'm having the same problem... When I open either door it's stops it's like a rattling... It's almost like the speakers are blown but it's not... Did you ever figure it out?
Hi.

No. I never figured it out.

I was advised by a Best Buy installer that he wouldn’t install my new speakers (which i bought in hopes it would fix the problem, as they were fried) because there was a module in the dash that was not working. I went to the dealer to buy the new module and THEY told me this is not what the problem was and that it would take investigative work.

They replaced the engine mounts and did not fix the problem. Next, they wanted to replace my clutch, which i declined because this car was out of warranty and I’d already spent way too much!

If your speakers sound blown when playing a song with a lot of bass I would just replace the speakers and see if that solves the issue if i were you.

Me? I ended trading my car for a newer one. Hated to do it, but it was costing an arm and a leg as it was.

Good luck, and if YOU figure it out, let me know what the hell it was. I never found out either.