Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

2012 GT Rear Tire Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/21 | 06:39 AM

Yeah that's exactly what I was looking for and I can do that for half of that, so this seems the way to go. The problem is the more I read the more I uncover about suspension issues. The info I was looking at said you needed the bumpsteer stuff WHENEVER you lower your car. So what you are saying is that that is not always the case? It will be only an inch with the Steeda sports springs so. Here is that.

I'm also having the 275/40s put on now as we speak. Next year it's new rims and same up front at some point but for now this will do.

Thanks again...
Old 10/28/21 | 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

yeah that's the thing . . . for perfection after lowering, there are LOTS of things that you "should" do . . . .but we don't really need perfection in the real world, so we can skip a lot of those things

and the hard part is, knowing which things are really important, and which are not

regarding the bump steer -- yeah you might get a little bump steer after lowering . . . so what? most people won't even notice; I don't on my car . . . maybe Randy Pobst could tell the difference, us mortals generally cannot

another example is the adjustable panhard bar -- if you don't use an adjustable panhard bar, the rear end will be off center after lowering . . . so what? it probably only matters if you look real carefully at the back of the car and you have OCD about symmetry, or if you care about the third decimal point of the thrust angle on an alignment, or if you are looking for a tenth of a second on your lap time on a road course . . . normal people in normal driving will never know the difference

Last edited by Bert; 10/28/21 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10/28/21 | 09:05 AM

I hear ya man! My thing is that I do the lowering and then there's some kinda issue where its 'not right' and I'll have to try to find it and take it to a guy etc.Even the swaybars in that kit are adjustable. I wouldn't want to even attempt it honestly. I just want it to work as it should. That's why I'm still leery. My car has the Brembo pack:
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
Now these are "beefier" than regular GT. So how I do know that the Koni's will be better (or at least comparable) ? I can't.

I know a lot of people do this but..

Part of me thinks I should just leave it alone but I hate the gap.

It shouldn't have to be this hard lol...