Announcements What You Need to Know

Member Ranks

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/06 | 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey, April... The best job I ever had fell into my lap, friend of a friend kind of thing. I worked for a heavy equipment co. I was the only female and ran the office. I answered phones,dispatched trucks, took sand orders, did payroll and accounts rec/payable. This was totally out of my element, but I loved it for over 3 years. Have you thought of stepping outside the box? Maybe there's something you've always wanted to try but couldn't for some reason or another. I hope you find something soon, there's nothing worse than a go getter such as yourself sitting idle! Best of luck!

Oh-that for the same pay bit-I feel your pain. My husband worked MAJOR O/T before and after hurricane evacuation and because he is salary they "paid" him w/extra vacation days. Guess who never uses all of his vacation because they are always too busy? Totally ticked me off,but I'm thankful he has a good job.
Old 1/24/06 | 05:22 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I hate admin crap. Its just what I do. :notnice: I am out to screw over Miss don't pay me though. It will happen.And I will laugh. Because I am in charge of accounts and she can't manage to invoice my customers so I can track their payments- WAY too many of my GOOD customers keep telling me they never got the invoice.
Plus the company owner and Brian are thisclose. Double I will get my revenge.

As far as what I would LIKE to do...
Plenty-
I want to plant gardens.......
or
I want to work with flowers.......

Ideally, I would like to sit on my butt right here like I have been doing since I had kids- BUT I bought a house and house expenses tend to pile up.
Old 1/24/06 | 05:23 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ballpark question:

How much money would you say is a good amount to have left over for the week after ALLLLLLLL the bills are paid? To get your coffees and people magazines and gas and stuff......
Old 1/24/06 | 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

You do NOT want to sit on your butt...that's what I do and it pretty much sucks! As for money left over, well there is never enough. I think you're tired, I know you're frustrated, but things will turn around. Now,it's a known fact that I can spend some money, but I hate to waste it! If that girl had cost me money in late fees, whatever, she and I would have had a face to face and gone round and round! Back to that budget, go through your check book,bank statement for 2-3 months. Figure out where that money is going, you might be shocked.Here I go, on and on, sorry TMI! I know tomorrow I'll read all about your new job! Hope so ,anyway!
Old 1/24/06 | 06:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I tend to **** my money away on crap I didn't need anyway. :notnice:
My big splurge is flowers, stuff for my house and clothes for all of us. I have a huge passion for my flower beds. Which if prodded- would be the one thing I couldn't do without. I am forever digging new ones. I gotta take pics of the one we made Sunday- MAN its cool looking.

I have sat home for 14 years. Which is cool because Brian works from home too and we spend all day together(cool 90% of the time). I do prefer to spend time with him over going out and making money. And I am here with my kids when they get home- cool with the boy, but the Girl has taken to calling me MOTHERrrrrrrrr.

Then I think about all I have to be thankful for: Brian has a good job, I have my barbie dream house, I have my mustang......No complaints. Then WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Old 1/24/06 | 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

It's winter(I hate winter), you're bored, you just had a birthday(not good when you're a girl!) It sounds like you have a dream life, but don't beat youself up for sometimes wanting more. I'm glad you have been able to be with your kids. I was home with Chris most of the time,and I would not trade it, neither would he. It's funny how you wish for March, that's something I have always done. Hang in there, girl, you really are OK! Maybe you need a girl's night out, or friends over for adult conversation! Kids are the greatest, but you can't forget about you.
Old 1/24/06 | 06:37 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Winter sucks.
I like summer and pina coladas and swimming and my garden up and running/

And It gave me a cold. :bang:
Old 1/24/06 | 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe you need a girl's night out, or friends over for adult conversation! Kids are the greatest, but you can't forget about you.

That's great advice I'm kinda in the same boat and asked my Boss for a personal day when I do not have my son and he's at his mom's , so it a day with no worries so to speak and you can just what ever
I think that every one needs this every now and Zen just as on our Birthdays we should NEVER have to work and have that day for our selves
Old 1/24/06 | 07:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Every day of my life is a personal day.

I should be walking the hound around the trails and enjoying stuff. And enjoying being home with Brian.

I got bigger better faster more Screw keeping up I am the jonses syndrome. AND I don't like it.
Old 1/24/06 | 08:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Check this out- I escaped death by five minutes today. I left my Moms to go home and take a nap- this happened literally as I closed the garage door to go inside. Makes me question why I am grouchy about not having the moola to go shop when I am alive and not dead tonight.

One dies, one hurt in three-vehicle Calera crash
One person was killed today and another injured in a three-vehicle accident on Alabama 70 in Calera. City police said two cars and a city garbage truck were involved. The accident happened around 1:42 p.m. near the Waterford subdivision, between Shelby 42 and the Shelby County Landfill

The victim, whose name has been released, was pronounced dead at the scene. The name of the injured and the extent of injuries were not available.
Old 1/24/06 | 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

That sounds like a Tom Jones syndrome ? "Its not unusual"
Old 1/24/06 | 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

When we camped, we finally got everything a camper could want, all the comforts of home that tent campers could fit into a truck, and then we stopped camping. When we waterskied(SP) I had to have this 63 inch ski, no-I really need these gloves-this women's cut vest will make all the difference-I can't live if we don't buy this ski rope! Got it all and stopped skiing. Sometimes it's better to want something,to dream of it, to think you can't live without it-than it is to have it. Reality can be such a let down!

Hey...ya'll were posting while I was thinking. Should have used quotes! Glad you escaped death, otherwise this thread would end!
Old 1/24/06 | 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

but its the base line we that we do need family some friends and the basics to get by ? humm I've lost touch as I keep thinking I need I need but before you buy give it a few days or months then re-think it Do I Need That ?
Old 1/24/06 | 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Man! You people type fast!
Old 1/24/06 | 08:43 PM
Post *****

lol be afraid, we're all crazy in this section of TMS
Old 1/24/06 | 08:43 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I would like to be able to breathe...

I have an interview tomorrow as well Hope this is only a cold.
Old 1/24/06 | 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
lol be afraid, we're all crazy in this section of TMS
Crazy? no wonder I feel right at home!
Old 1/24/06 | 08:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

mwa ha ha
And I Am the queen

Old 1/24/06 | 08:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 24, 2006, 8:46 PM
I would like to be able to breathe...
I have an interview tomorrow as well Hope this is only a cold.
Hey got this from someone Special wanna use it still works
Old 1/24/06 | 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 65205@January 24, 2006, 8:34 PM
Man! You people type fast!
Mavis Becon Graduate !

Quick Reply: Member Ranks