Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

REINTRODUCTION FOR CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS!

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/23, 02:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
KC, I just replied to the question on how long it takes for the convertible top to go up and down. For me it took about 16 seconds both ways.
Old 10/24/23, 03:27 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Thank You So Much!

Now You Have Done a Good Deed For International Mustang Relations!

Seriously,

Everbody that Asks a Question Deserves an Answer!

Good Job!

Go Tms Team Member!

Kc

He Has Already Gave a Like!
Old 10/26/23, 09:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I updated my Avatar, but the pic is a couple of years old. I’ve done a lot more mods since then, so I’ll update the pics when I get a chance. This is my daily. But it now has a Roush Upper/Lower Grill, Roush Foglight relocation, and a GT500 hood.

Not to mention all the engine, suspension upgrades.

Last edited by crjackson; 10/26/23 at 09:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by crjackson:
DarrenGT (12/22/23), Glenn (10/27/23), m05fastbackGT (10/28/23), TomServo92 (12/21/23)
Old 12/21/23, 04:56 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

still got my 06 mustang- old timers might recall the 'fun' i had getting that car- 5 month wait, a priority one DORA from a VP at Ford, then the hauler dropped a ramp on it at delivery, another priority one (but 'regional', didnt get my name on it)... anyways, its been the best car ive ever had- test/tune nights, autocrossed a few years, its been a blast... added a extra kid, the seating issues got real- so we added the wifes 07 pony...then when the '10 midnight reveal on speedchannel came along, next morning called the dealer- and ordered a 09...we all have our favorites, and i dint like the 10 changes, so extended my car payment 5 more years and pre-bought my next new mustang... well that wasnt too bright, the 06 is probably gonna outlast me, and all these years later, there it sits with 5 miles on it still...
dailys/winters we got a pair of f150s, love the 3.5 but man...the 19 has been in the shop more than every vehicle ive had combined the last 40+ years...great trucks, but cabs been off twice, dash out twice...phasers at 57000, tranny at 59000...not good. the 22 has been fine so far, but its only at 32k so far... hate to say but dont exactly trust it either.
my 69 fastbacks still in pieces- 40 years next spring... no ambition at the moment...every time i *think* i might get started, life seems to smack us upside the head with some kind of disaster...maybe someday.
last summer, my son traded his bronco in on a 1320 scatpack challenger, i drove it once and ordered a widebody stick- its huge compared to the mustangs, but man does it scoot around well for its size! only had itto autocross twice before wifes health kinda shifted priorities, but it was a blast..feels big as my old mercury marquis, but it does make some beautiful noise, and is very nimble- its surprisingly well balanced for its weight. i'd had some knee issues and my mustangs clutch was uncomfortable as heck- oddly the challengers twin disc is effortless- it stops a few inches from the floor unlike the mustang, so toes/foot dont need flexed back- weird but soooo much easier on the knees just due to that little less angle at the bottom...makes me think about putting a little bigger bore master in the mustang and a pedal stop LOL.
Anyways, hardly ever get back in here, funny how busy the S197 group was back in the day- and weird how to me these are still 'newer' cars... time flies.often think about stoenr and 05gtocd other folks who got theirs around same time as mine, folks who posted sooooooo much help like tacobill, 05stangkc, others... this was always THE best mustang forum, and Brad Barnett's logo was one of the coolest... but time marches on...hopefully the new site owners NEVER purge old posts, seen a lot of great forums 'updated' and they purge all threads over 5-10 yrs old- stupid to do that as those were some of the absolute best research tools ever... the old blue oval forums went thru a bad system crash years ago and lost a decade of incredible info...shame but many of the ad driven site buyers just want traffic, old content they dont see as valuable

well, will try to stop in occasionally, even if the 'newness' of the challenger will likely mothball the 06 for a while next spring, the old mustang will always be the best car ive ever owned... its been a awesome car.
btw- never had any noises/phaser issues- but at 36k i turned idle rpm up to 850 to maintain hot idle oil pressure, the root cause of phaser failures... oddly the mopars have a kinda similar issue- dodge casts like a broomstick in the block below the camshaft for main oil galley- and at idle it blocks a lot of slung oil from the crank, and extended idling is destroying rollers/cams... plan on bumping it up similarly- with a stickshift, wont hurt anything- but will kill off a bit of the burbling/backfiring at engine braking... I really think my f150s need the same- but with automatics, maybe only 700-750... the phaser issues on the 3.5s is way way too common of a issue... gotta say- anyone whose never driven a 3.5 owes it to themselves to try one- just try a pre-21 lariat-up as those had fake engine noise- stupid as it seems, it works- youd swear you are driving a old high compression bigblock- except the 3.5 makes even more torque and hp... that 19 f150 is a dream to drive. big 4 door 4wd 6 cylinder with 400hp/near 500 ftlb off idle, its a 13 second capable beast, and can touch 26mpg highway...the 22 has more power yet, but freaking ford decided to mute the fake engine noise and reduced the active noise cancellation- the darn thing sounds like a worn out windstar...i drive the 19 and love it, wife drives the 22 because she couldnt care less what a car sounds like... the 3.5 is a absolutely incredible motor...just sounds like crap in real life
The following 4 users liked this post by ford4v429:
05stangkc (12/21/23), crjackson (12/21/23), fabman (12/21/23), m05fastbackGT (1/16/24)
Old 12/22/23, 05:58 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Anyways, hardly ever get back in here, funny how busy the S197 group was back in the day- and weird how to me these are still 'newer' cars... time flies.often think about stoenr and 05gtocd other folks who got theirs around same time as mine, folks who posted sooooooo much help like tacobill, 05stangkc, others... this was always THE best mustang forum, and Brad Barnett's logo was one of the coolest... but time marches on...hopefully the new site owners NEVER purge old posts, seen a lot of great forums 'updated' and they purge all threads over 5-10 yrs old- stupid to do that as those were some of the absolute best research tools ever... the old blue oval forums went thru a bad system crash years ago and lost a decade of incredible info...shame but many of the ad driven site buyers just want traffic, old content they dont see as valuable
WoW, What A Fleet!

Welcome and thanks For The Update. I Thought I Would Address Your Forum Questions.

Internet Brands is Not Into Purging Old Files and Considers The Old Posts Valuable and We Refer To Them as Legacy Posts. Now We Do Purge a Thread That is Worthless Like Somebody asking a Question and Getting Crickets Or a Very Old Post that Has Lost All the Pics Due To an Old Forum Hack. Glitches and Issues over The Years are Either Band-Aided or Removed. But Not a Lot of Mass Purge. Some Threads are Currently in Limbo Needing Some Editing Due To Content Problems. But Overall We Are Reorganizing a Lot of Good Information. Paul & I Just Fell into the Admin Slots only a Few Months Back. We Have 3 Mods And Were Making Some Great Headway For awhile but Personal Challenges have Them Absent or Semi Absent at the Present. You Might Notice New Content and Expansion of the Early Years Cars Which Used to Be Lumped into One Section.

Anyhoo it's Good To See You Stop By and Would Love To See You More Often. Thanks For The Mention and Yes this Was the Place Back in The Day! We Really Jelled well and always Had the Latest & Greatest Info. Poke Around there Are New Things To See!

So Much To Fine Tune Here as The Site Went on its own Course for awhile and 19 Years of Info is a Lot of Filing!

Another Insomnia Night For Me Up a 3:00 A.M. Not At My Best Literary Conditions!

How About Some Shots of the 69 I Know All About Started Projects in Limbo as Well!

Again!

Welcome!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/22/23 at 06:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
crjackson (12/22/23), ford4v429 (12/22/23)
Old 12/22/23, 02:54 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc

How About Some Shots of the 69 I Know All About Started Projects in Limbo as Well!
thanks for the update on forum status- i wasnt poking fingers at the new owners, just knew some of the other forums out there lost some of their best content over the years- i hadnt thought about the lost pictures as being a cause- when photobucket started charging, about half the pics online disappeared... I just recently restarted my photobucket- its not stupid expensive as it was when they first changed it to a fee based thing...

anyways- theres pics old/newer of the 69 in here...I tore it apart in 1984, after being in the wrong place at the wrong time- some highschool rivalry idiocy had a bunch of kids out throwing bottles at cars- caught a full beer bottle at 45 from a oncoming car, bent a pillar/broke intterior trim, chipped the hell out of the roof/slats/wing...weird, never been so pissed in my life, had they stopped i'd probably be in jail,as think i mighta beat someone to death... but they took off i got plates, here it was stolen plates JCG-533 red torino- weird i still remember it like it was yesterday, not 40 years ago... anyways theyd busted up a dozen cars that night... a year later i did find out who the kids were, but cant even recall names, by then the car had been pulled apart, and i started working 90+ hours a week and just kinda forgot about it...
it sat engineless from 1984-2006 when we moved, then sat in the new garage 2006-2013 when I did work on it for 3 weeks- made rotisserie/flipped/stripped/painted floors- surprisingly the floors never rotted, but everything from toeboards forward is shot, and rear foot or so of rear rails... 3 weeks into it, son bought a rusty anger, we spent months restoring that- was a lot of fun working with the kids... mustang got rolled back into the garage on the spit- still there ten years later...i need to get it down before it breaks in half.
did accumulate a lot of parts- big plans for the old 429 from my first car- a 69 galaxie that i had wrecked in 1979... plan is 2006 mustang pcm/servo throttle/VVT the works- got a hemi phaser, want to mount backwards, port hydraulics out front, put a ford timing gear shell around the mopar phaser, make new front cover for dual bmw drop in water pumps, ford crank trigger tone ring/front oil pump, so old distributor/oil pump can be gone...got two mustang throttle bodies, gonna couple together, to make a 'horizontal 4 barrel' and a tubular-headerlike intake with a pan... it should all work, would look cool, and shortren motor by 2"
big dreams, but without action, just 'plans that either come to naught, or half a page of scribbled lines' as the song goes...
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHgmLBK
Old 12/22/23, 04:06 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Great Pics...I have a 65 Fastback that has been apart for 22 years...I really have to get on it this upcoming year...but I need to get my 88 Saleen done as well.
The following users liked this post:
ford4v429 (12/23/23)
Old 12/22/23, 06:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Sitting here in my study, recovering from the flu so i decided to rehash some photos of my fords, past and present.

my Ducati 1299s Panigale. 210hp hellraising machine.

This is Tyson's chariot. Both Tag and Tyson hated it when I traded the F150 for it, but this one actually fit into my old garage. My current 4x4, 2021 Platinum Explorer

The pups loved this beauty. I miss it too. 2018 F150 Lariat.

my current Mustang.

my favorite custom 2013 GT. Done to the nuts and won several shows.

My favorite 2019 GT Premium with MP Concept upgrades. Made way for the Mach 1.
Old 12/22/23, 11:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
The heck with those cars! (Although I love them) where are my fur babies Darren ?!?!
Old 12/23/23, 08:14 PM
The Analog Admin!

From Tim

thanks for the update on forum status- i wasnt poking fingers at the new owners, just knew some of the other forums out there lost some of their best content over the years- i hadnt thought about the lost pictures as being a cause- when photobucket started charging, about half the pics online disappeared... I just recently restarted my photobucket- its not stupid expensive as it was when they first changed it to a fee based thing...

From KC

Did not Take it That Way At All!

All Good!

KC
Old 12/23/23, 08:15 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Sitting here in my study, recovering from the flu so i decided to rehash some photos of my fords, past and present.

This is Tyson's chariot. Both Tag and Tyson hated it when I traded the F150 for it, but this one actually fit into my old garage. My current 4x4, 2021 Platinum Explorer

The pups loved this beauty. I miss it too. 2018 F150 Lariat..
my 19 lariat is the platinum white color, man I do love that truck...the 3.5 in lariat-up had the fake engine noise, they sound and feel like a old high compression bigblock...ONLY gripe about that truck was lack of 'heated wheel off' button, but used forscan to add it to the main screen...about the perfect vehicle- our dog loves the trucks, take center headrest out and open the slider, she lays her head on the tonneau cover gotta say though that truck has been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined over the last 40 years...shame on ford for the engineering failures with cam phasers and 10r80 valve bodies... we got a 22 lariat also, it had been backordered so long, went ahead and financed the 19 at lease end, thinking the 22 might never arrive... but when it did, honestly liked driving the 19 better- ford muted the fake engine noise in the 22 3.5, its as exciting as a old windstar to drive just due to the sound had I known they killed the fake engine sound I woulda got the 5.0 - or a dodge... to me the 19 was one of the best vehicles ive ever looked at/driven, and its still that way years later...the 22 weve put 32k on its fine, so far reliable, but mostly due to the sound, its just not 'fun' for lack of better word...the prior generation ford woulda been better off just adding a new dashboard...the old lights look better to me, the 'bendy' lights in the 22 are bright as heck but glare way too much, I hated the yellow led rear turns so rewired the tails and tinted all red...like it a little better, but syill like the 19 a lot more. only thing of the 19 body I dont like is the hood recess- not decal friendly... put red/black 3.5 twin turbo stickers on the space white 22 hood, they look right at home- the inverted center on the 19 they didnt look right at all, so left off...other than the hood creases, I love the looks of the 19...the 22, meh... in my opinion ford threw out the baby with the bathwater on the redesign...late model was near perfect, so rather than tweak it a little. they decided to throw the entire truck away and change every component had ford just put the investment in the phasers and transmissions, they coulda had THE perfect truck in my opinion.. the 22 i'd rate a 8/10, the 19- a 10/10 except for the stuff that broke before 60k miles...

DarrenGT (12/24/23)
Old 12/23/23, 09:10 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
18 year member, still sporting the 06 GT. Just recently hit 90K. tons have been done since last being a regular member, including moving from Illinois to E Tennessee for better Mustang weather! All in signature. Just dropped my 06GT website tho.

just saw this- glad to see you still got the mustang- and yeah, youve added some 'stuff' for sure- looking great still! i remember our vins were close, man the days of the 'wait' and the 'evil robot lady' automated tracking stuff...jeez that was forever ago- whats weird to me- mine still 'feels' like a 'newer' car, not a 18 year old one...only autocrossed it once last summer, before the challenger arrived, the 'new/novelty' aint worn off it yet, so only drove the mustang once after the challenger showed up... but its still good to go, looks same as it ever did, sitting at 103,000 miles now (well under 1000 last year- but put almost 4k on the challenger...) it did rain here in ohio most of the day, and if the gung-ho road crews didnt salt on this 44 degree night, might take both out for a 'spin' on Christmas eve...will see how things go.
lifes been crazy, getting older faster than the cars it seems, had a bum knee for a couple months slowing me down, wifes cancer came back 22 years later-of course like many others, right after getting a certain shot req'd for her work... so car stuffs been kinda on hold since, other than just driving when possible... hopefully we'll get thru the health challenges once again, and can get another year or three of road trips/track fun, but just gotta see how things go. the cars are for sure a great distraction/great fun, but some stuffs just got to be dealt with... hadnt been on forums much for years, but had to put another car birthday update up, and 05stangkc mentioned this thread- and sure bringin back some good memories. this was always the best mustang site anywhere, now I see so many young kids doing facebook burnout videos that look like theyre playing paddycake with the steering wheel, it makes me cringe... these were such awesome cars- and still are- but seing them being sloppily beat on by folks barely capable of driving is not great...theyre cheap enough to be a civic I do hope the next gen of caretakers of these start treating them like the classics they should be, and get back into forums like these to actually learn how to work on them...about 2/3 of all i see online are usually whats the loudest pipes/whats the loudest radio/and wrecked-part out posts after the fact... not all, but back in the day folks were courteous/knowledgable/etc...these days oh my God...so many petty street 'racing' posts, crap like that.. sad. never know, but hopefully some of the up-and-coming generation might actually care enough to research/learn to fix anything on their own, like in the old days...
05stangkc (12/23/23)
Old 12/23/23, 09:25 PM
The Analog Admin!

Too Much FAST & FURIOUS {Programming} Going On!

We Have Tons of Guests Viewing Our Sometimes Hard Learned Lessons With Our Cars But Only Venturing in When They Can't Find the Issue! And it's Their Last Resort. It's Funny I Will Get Questions That are Pretty Complex and Have Lot's of Variables and They Post So Little Info That You Have To Pull it Out. These Days Everybody Wants The Instant Answer. I Over post Info a lot Cause I Want the Next Guy to Benefit from the Thread & Also Want the OP to Learn How Research For Themselves. You Know The Teach a Man To Fish as it Were!

In the Last Year Our Viewers are Almost at The Triple Level. Then It Seems Right When I Got Some Long Gone Members to Come Back The Regulars Seemed to Drop at The Same Time. If The Returning Members are Not Engaged They are Not Going To Stay! It's Like Being in a Comfortable Rut and Change Upsets the Herd. I'm Glad You are Hanging Past the Birthday Announcement. We Got To Get Some Momentum Going and Constantly Back Each Other Up. It's Sometimes Too Easy to Read & Enjoy a New Post & Then Just Move on to the Next. We Gotta Have Some Engagement.

It's Rough Going Out in The World Now But We Have Some Peace in Here with Our Mustang Brothers and Sisters. It's Our Other Family and Worth Caring About! It Will Never Be Like The Early Days But We are Not The Same People We Were Back in 2004 Either. We are Older and Wiser. Many Have Been Kicked and Beaten up By Life! I was in 2009-2010 With My Son For Sure and I Was Gone for a Long Time after That. I hate To See People Go Through the Tough Times and If I Can Help I Will. Just a Little Kindness Goes a Long Way. It's What Endeared me to this Site. All The Support I Got on Andrew's Thread. Which I Recently Retired for The Time Being. His Birthday is Tomorrow. He Would Have Been. 34. This Time of Year is So Hard on Me & The Wife. He Passed January 6th. So We Get in a Funk Automatically this time of Year.

The Few New Members That Do Venture in Are As you Said The New Caretakers and it's Up to Us TMS Veterans To Lead By Example. Be Kind & Helpful Regardless! Get Excited For The Other Guys Project. I often Think With The Younger Members They are Somebodies Son and How Would I Like My Son to Be Treated on a Website.

I Had The Most Fun Redoing the Sn-95 Section. Especially the New Edge Models. I Did a You Tube Music Link For That Era I Listen to All the Time and Have Really Grown to Love Those Years That Before Never Got a Second Glance From Me Before When New! I Would Love To Have One Now!

We All Have to Make a Choice on How To View Life,

Look For The Good You Will Find It, Look For The Bad You Will Find It!

I Say Good!

Well, Thats My Soapbox Speech for The Christmas of 2023.

May God Bless!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/24/23 at 12:59 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
DarrenGT (12/25/23), ford4v429 (12/24/23), Mathlin2000 (12/26/23), NC14GT (1/5/24)
Old 12/25/23, 09:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Thanks for sharing KC. I did not know about your son. That is devastating. I wish you a heartfelt thanks for all you do for us and this community. Merry Christmas and happy 2024!
NC14GT (1/5/24)
Old 12/26/23, 07:18 AM
The Analog Admin!

Thank You!

KC
Old 1/5/24, 06:48 AM
The Analog Admin!

@Fryguy

I think I Spy an Old TMS Friend !

Check Out the Rogues Gallery Here in Reintroductions and Let Us Know How You Are!

KC
Old 1/5/24, 12:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
@Fryguy

I think I Spy an Old TMS Friend !

Check Out the Rogues Gallery Here in Reintroductions and Let Us Know How You Are!

KC
I am still around, just not as active in the Mustang community as much. Miss my ICE Mustangs and will get back into them one day - those Dark Horses look nice. With three kids to put through college - priorities.

I keep an eye - nice to see some old names/faces/cars here.

Woah - have I been a member here for 20 years, that is crazy!

Take care!
Old 1/5/24, 01:29 PM
The Analog Admin!

Thanks For Stopping By!

Always Great to See a Familiar Name After A Lot of Years!

S-197's Are Very Affordable These Days!

Just Saying!

Take Care!

KC

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/16/24 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 1/8/24, 02:51 PM
The Analog Admin!

@69CaliStang

I Remembered your Screen Name From Back in the Day! Check Out Our TMS Legacy Members Here!

Might See Some Members You Remember!

Updated Your Title!

Love To Hear How You Have Been!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/8/24 at 02:53 PM.
69CaliStang (1/8/24)
Old 1/8/24, 10:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 151 Likes on 105 Posts
I think the 2005-2009 Mustangs and the 2010-2015 Mustangs are being ignored. This was a special time for these special cars. I owned many of them.and plan to add some speciail tech on them..

I'll add that this era (2005-2015) will be the collector cars to own in the future and enjoy. Nothing else comes close.
NC14GT (1/9/24)

Quick Reply: REINTRODUCTION FOR CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS!