Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

REINTRODUCTION FOR CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS!

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/24, 02:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
When the S550's were first introduced, there were also negative criticism when compared to the outgoing S197 cars, including here on TMS... However, the negative criticism eventually faded away as the S550's became more and more popular and accepted... In the beginning, I also didn't accept the S550's when compared to the outgoing S197 Mustang, but eventually, they began to grow more and more upon me... I can honestly now say that I appreciate the S550 Mustangs in their own right, just as much as I have with the S197 cars... Therefore, I'm quite certain that in the end, the S650 Mustang will also be just as appreciated and accepted as the 2015-2023 S550 cars have been.
I loved the S197’s the moment I saw them in the concept press releases. I never liked the S550 because I couldn’t stand the look of the rear end.
Old 2/3/24, 08:00 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
I admit in 2014 when the S550 was introduced I didn't like the front end, the back didn't bother me....it's probably because it was so different but I thought the front end favored the Fusion styling. That faded and in 2020 I bought one...it was a business purchase to show off new products and to do some R&D but I love the car, the platform and chassis rigidity is the best to date....it's a great drivers car. I also find the powerband of the Ecoboost is much better than the 5.0 in that it's more fun and enjoyable to drive daily and in traffic. The 5.0 will put you back in the seat but the mid range for daily driving is lacking compared to the ecoboost IMO. The Eco just feels better in all areas of the power band in daily use. I've spent a lot of time in both....now I'm about to add the Turbo that we used my car to help R&D and see how that changes things...going for 450 RWHP as a first step. This is the smaller turbo, the big turbo made 609 wheel HP on a built shortblock in initial testing and is still going strong 3 years later on that car. Then take the 5.0 and add some turbos....we have a local guy running low 9's in a street car. The platform really lends itself well for modifications. The S650 will take some getting used to for most but I think it will come around too.
Old 2/3/24, 10:14 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,906 Posts
Let All The Ponies Run Free Today!

Old 2/3/24, 06:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,610 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbieg
I loved the S197’s the moment I saw them in the concept press releases. I never liked the S550 because I couldn’t stand the look of the rear end.
I was just the opposite, I actually liked the rear end, it was the front end that I didn't care for at first... My reason, IMO the S550 took the front end of the Fusion and Ford modified it, but still had that corporate appearance that seemed every other Ford model had... But eventually, I ended up warming up to the front end as well by accepting it as a modern design for the Mustang.

Originally Posted by svopaul
I admit in 2014 when the S550 was introduced I didn't like the front end, the back didn't bother me....it's probably because it was so different but I thought the front end favored the Fusion styling. That faded and in 2020 I bought one...it was a business purchase to show off new products and to do some R&D but I love the car, the platform and chassis rigidity is the best to date....it's a great drivers car. I also find the powerband of the Ecoboost is much better than the 5.0 in that it's more fun and enjoyable to drive daily and in traffic. The 5.0 will put you back in the seat but the mid range for daily driving is lacking compared to the ecoboost IMO. The Eco just feels better in all areas of the power band in daily use. I've spent a lot of time in both....now I'm about to add the Turbo that we used my car to help R&D and see how that changes things...going for 450 RWHP as a first step. This is the smaller turbo, the big turbo made 609 wheel HP on a built shortblock in initial testing and is still going strong 3 years later on that car. Then take the 5.0 and add some turbos....we have a local guy running low 9's in a street car. The platform really lends itself well for modifications. The S650 will take some getting used to for most but I think it will come around too.
I also felt the same way at first about the front end favoring the Fusion's styling, but eventually that faded away as the S550 began to grow more and more on me as time passed... Since then, I look at the S550 Mustang as being lite years ahead in technology over previous generations, but whenever you look upon the S550's overall modern styling, it is still instantly recognizable as a Mustang, nevertheless IMHO.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/3/24 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Typo Correction
Old 2/5/24, 12:34 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I test-drove a 2015 GT when they were introduced and liked the steering feel and brakes on the car. I wasn't able to try out the IRS (that came later with my '15 GT). When I ordered my GT I also ordered the performance package. I wasn't impressed with the overall feel of the car with the performance package but the IRS really made a difference when it came to getting the car to rotate. Had a kid in Civic not valiantly sacrificed his car before I had a chance to run into a crowd I would have probably swapped out the suspension on the GT with Ford's FRPP package (I was impressed with that kit when I installed it on my 07) and of course a switch to better tires over the factory Pirellis. My only other complaint was the Coyote seemed rougher than the 5.4 mill in the GT500 even with the MGW shifter I had installed on that car. I took the GT in to have it checked out since it just didn't seem to run as smoothly and they even let me test drive a few other cars since I was convinced something was wrong. That all went out the window with the GT350s since vibration is a feature and not a defect on those cars. I bet going forward I'll be like, "Man, this Coyote is as smooth as glass.".
Old 2/13/24, 06:30 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,906 Posts
I See an Old Friend Has Stopped By!

Upgraded Your Title

@94tbird

Good To See You!

Another 20th Anniversary Member!

KC