Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Pulled the Trigger / 2006 GT vert!

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/05, 01:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Did the deed this afternoon. See my sig for some of the specifics. Priority 11.

Send smilies to tide me over until it's 'nanner time!
Old 6/11/05, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Paris MkVI@June 11, 2005, 1:17 PM

Ordered mine yesterday, same Priority.
Old 6/11/05, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on the order and welcome to the club. As per the NRC (Nanner Regulatory Committee) an 06 Mustang order is entitled to 1 (one) nanner. This nanner is to be complimented with 2 (two) additional nanners upon given a build date. Upon delivery, one is entitled to nanners "out the wahzoo!" Here is your nanner, as provided my myself, a fellow waiting room inhabitant:
Old 6/11/05, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

WOo hoo - complimentary nanner! Thanks brother! And also congrats to fellow waiting room inhabitants!

Nanner Regulatory Committee!
Old 6/11/05, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Nanner Regulatory Committee!
[/quote]

This is no laughing matter. Nanners are a scared tradition and any mocking could result in peeled nanners laying on the floor.
Old 6/11/05, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Congrats! I am about to order a 2006 Mustang GT as well.

What does priority 11 mean?
Old 6/11/05, 08:32 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@June 11, 2005, 12:17 PM

Congrats on your '06 order. The wait hasn't been too severe on the verts it seems.......unless they start running out of IUP or ICAP or maybe the little thingies that screw on the valve stems or something.

Anyway, just wanted you to know the true meaning of waiting

Best of luck with your order!

Paul
Old 6/11/05, 09:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Venom, the dealer will assign a priority # to an order. It's their way of telling Ford, "If you can do it, we'd like to receive our vehicles in this order of importance."

Priority 10 and 11 are the highest. Priority 99 is the lowest. It doesn't mean Ford can always follow that dealer priority list - that depends on available parts, retail mix, dealer allocation, etc. But they do try to honor orders as quickly as circumstances permit.

By way of example, my car represents more profit to them, so they tagged it Priority 11. They have ordered six 2006 more basic Mustangs for stock that are Priority 15 or 16. Basically, they have asked Ford to build my car first for them if possible, because they want my money.

One can hope!
Old 6/23/05, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Update time, folks. While the geniuses at the dealership seems unable to comprehend the fact I want my DORA, not just another copy of the VOC, I am able to call the ERL and confirm my order is clean/unscheduled.

If I understand correctly, that does mean Ford has accepted the order, right? I just need my DORA now to check against the VOC and make sure they ordered everything correctly.

Karpro, ISELLFORD - or any of our salespeople, please confirm I have this correct if you read this one. Thanks!
Old 6/23/05, 10:17 AM

I SELL FORD WHAT DOES J2 PRIORITY MEAN, ORDERED 06 GT VERT W/FLEET NUMBER!
Old 6/23/05, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Dan, I would guess your "J2" is actually a "12" which is a good priority. Lowest (best) priority is 10. The lower the better.
Old 6/23/05, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@June 23, 2005, 9:58 AM
Update time, folks. While the geniuses at the dealership seems unable to comprehend the fact I want my DORA, not just another copy of the VOC, I am able to call the ERL and confirm my order is clean/unscheduled.

If I understand correctly, that does mean Ford has accepted the order, right? I just need my DORA now to check against the VOC and make sure they ordered everything correctly.

Karpro, ISELLFORD - or any of our salespeople, please confirm I have this correct if you read this one. Thanks!

Dora- Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgemet- means that the dealer DID submit the order to Ford and didn't just build and price out the car. Ford usually sends the Dora the next day and it does have all the info you would need to track the car. It shows retail and invoice pricing, which they might not want you to know. Hopefully, this helps and congrats!
Old 6/23/05, 12:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Kyle - I know what the DORA is, though I very much appreciate your response!

I am presuming that since I can call the Evil Robot Lady at Ford and get a response regarding my order that Ford does in fact have the order. I am still going to get a DORA frm the dealer.
Old 6/23/05, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by odismorrison@June 23, 2005, 10:20 AM
I SELL FORD WHAT DOES J2 PRIORITY MEAN, ORDERED 06 GT VERT W/FLEET NUMBER!
J2 fleet order priority is second week of september. It was either asssigned by the dealer or auto assigned by Ford. Have your fleet guy call his regional manager. In '05 I ordered 2 Mustangs with fleet numbers. One was ordered in August last year for our leasing company for me and in Dec I ordered one for a fleet customer. I was told that there was hardly any fleet allocation as most of the production was taken by retail.
The Aug '04 order finally built out in March [not going to be built] and the fleet order built out in May [not going to be produced].
In both cases I had to reorder as retail orders and luckily got both cars.
Old 6/23/05, 03:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK, I now have my DORA in hand, and everything is ordered correctly!

Is it sick to call the Evil Robot Lady, knowing she is just going to say "clean/unscheduled" just for the pleasure of knowing you have your Mustang ordered successfully?
Old 6/23/05, 03:35 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear that your Mustang is on the way Jon Now the wait begins....enjoy the robot lady untill your car arrives it's all part of the fun that most of us have been through
Old 6/23/05, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Craig!

Man it is so fun to have fellow Mustang enthusiasts celebrate with you!
Old 6/23/05, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 23, 2005, 4:16 PM
J2 fleet order priority is second week of september. It was either asssigned by the dealer or auto assigned by Ford. Have your fleet guy call his regional manager. In '05 I ordered 2 Mustangs with fleet numbers. One was ordered in August last year for our leasing company for me and in Dec I ordered one for a fleet customer. I was told that there was hardly any fleet allocation as most of the production was taken by retail.
The Aug '04 order finally built out in March [not going to be built] and the fleet order built out in May [not going to be produced].
In both cases I had to reorder as retail orders and luckily got both cars.

THANKS MAN. ALTHOUGH IT DOESNT SOUND TO PROMISING, DO THEY KIND OF PUT THE FLEET ORDERS BEHIND THE RETAIL ONES. ALSO DOES 32,000 SOUND ABOUT RIGHT FOR A 06 GT VERT, 18'' WHEELS,SHAKER 1000, VERT BOOT, INTERIOR UPGRADE. THANK YOU
Old 6/23/05, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It sounds like less than MSRP for one; did you order deluxe or premium?

Watch out for the dreaded caps lock!
Old 6/24/05, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@June 23, 2005, 8:58 AM

I am looking to order a '06 Mustang and now trying to gather as much info as possible. What is "VOC" and "ERL"? and who do you contact to confirm your order?

What is a fair price to negotiate for Premium Coupe? are the dealers still commanding MSRP or closer to invoice?

Thanks for any information you can help with.

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger / 2006 GT vert!