Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Just joined, looking at a Mustang today

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/13, 06:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined, looking at a Mustang today

Hey everyone, I'm CJ. From Staten Island NY, but recently moved out to Rockaway Queens.

Currently drive a 2010 2.0t Genesis Coupe R-Spec. Put waaay too much time and money into it and still don't have the gains that I want. Tired of dealing with crappy products and lack of good tuning solutions so I'm looking for a change.

Always liked the Boss 302, but it was a bit too expensive for me. Read a review on the 2014 GT with the Track Package and Recaros, and I was very impressed!

Had a dream 2 nights ago that I went to buy a Grabber Blue one, so yesterday I built one on the Ford site, and asked to get offeres, and started drafting a for sale post for my current car. Things are escalating quickly, lol... heading to Dana Ford in Staten Island today to check them out.

I'm looking for something at least the same size as my current car, I'm getting married and possibly having a kid in the next few years. I was looking at used CTS-Vs, but the 1st gen won't have the power I want, and the 2nd gen are still too much money. I read the "will it baby article" on Jalopnik, and it seemed at least as doable as my current car would be.

I don't want to go too crazy with mods on this, my power goals with the Genesis were to get to mid 12s in the 1/4 on street tires. Currently at a 13.571 @ 105.7 with horrible 60's (like 2.2s). Just seeing how abundant and inexpensive parts are for the mustang makes me want to cry.

I'll probably post back after a trip to the dealer!
Old 6/1/13, 08:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice, let us know how it goes!
Old 6/1/13, 01:34 PM
V6 Member

Just got back from the dealer. Its pretty sweet.

The Grabber Blue is a bit too much in person. I really liked the gray. Back seat leg and head room was a little worse than my car, but the trunk was bigger.

Test drove a black manual track, no recaros. Felt pretty good, TC was on, and we were'nt in sport mode or anything. Sounded good, but my dealer said I should put the gt500 axle back on which I was thinking about already.

Power didn't blow me away, but probably because everything is just so smooth and no punch of a turbo. Rode nicer than my Genesis, and it was pretty relaxed. The car felt like it would do whatever I asked, in any gear, whenever I wanted. Much nicer. I also didn't want to beat too hard on what would be someone else's car in the future!

Unfortunately, the dealer price for my genesis is a bit less than I owe on my car right now. Going to put a feeler up on my genesis forum and see if anyone wants as-is. If not, I'll have it back almost completely stock and hopefully make up some of that difference in price by selling off the mods.
Old 6/2/13, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, welcome. good luck in your search.
Old 6/2/13, 12:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by td01gt
Hi, welcome. good luck in your search.
Well its not really a search anymore, its a matter of bringing my car back to stock, and ordering my car. I think I'm like 2k upside down on my loan based off of what the dealer offered me, but I'll have about that to sell in parts even if I sell them dirt cheap.

Need to decide on a color. The dark gray I think is the one, but the fiance liked red on the screen. I think I want to blend in a bit, so the gray may be a better choice.

Already have a short list of mods saved in a draft email.

Definitely doing an intake + tune combo from american muscle. That alone will get me to my genesis coupe's power / 1/4 mile goal for like 600 bucks.
Also want the hurst billet shifter, really love the look and I'm used to that style of reverse engagement on my genesis.

Next is probably the GT500 mufflers and/or the boss quad pipes. I like the idea of the electric cutouts for the boss pipes. I want the car to be somewhat quite in the morning when I leave for work, my neighbors and family hate my current car (full 3 in turbo back, no cats or resonators, its pretty loud and sets off some car alarms).

I'm excited to have a car that will be street legal, pass emissions, be pretty **** quick, and be at a reasonable noise level when I want it to be!

Oh, and Hadtohaveit'13, where in VA are you? I make a trip down to Warrenton, VA like every other month for work. My company's back office/hq is there.

Last edited by cjd82187; 6/2/13 at 12:14 PM.
Old 6/7/13, 09:21 AM
V6 Member

Just became an MCA member and got my X-Plan pin.

Nearby dealer sent me a window sticker and non X-Plan quote, told me they can't beat X-Plan on base GT.
Old 6/9/13, 04:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 6/13/13, 07:36 AM
V6 Member

Well, putting my car back to stock to trade is going well.

My dealer found the exact car I wanted, but it got sent to Roush for a conversion before we could get it =\

Probably going to order one today.
Old 6/13/13, 07:42 AM
V6 Member

Guys,

If I'm getting the Recaro seats, is the 301A package worth it? I like the idea of Sync, and I kinda want bluetooth for my phone, but I don't think that Sync and an auto dimming mirror is worth ~1100 bucks.

I'm sure I could get aftermarket bluetooth for much cheaper than that, but would there be anything else I'm missing out on?
Old 6/13/13, 08:37 PM
V6 Member

Well I ordered the car without the 301a package...

And I've ordered my 1st mod, the hurst billet 2 shifter. Always loved that cueball shifter look! Got it from american muscle.