Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

First shoot of me and my car - be nice...(56K warning)

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/07, 02:40 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Krissy Krissy Krissy, I never woulda thought you would stoop to posting such insinuating pictures of yourself on the internet like this

J/k, they are fabulous pics and im very impressed with your professionalism and taste in the matter. Definitely respectable

Ill have to check out your site to see the others.

Btw the 4th pic (first of the 2 in black dress) reminded me of the stacy keibler chick.

Edit: Something that slipped my mind (imagine that), in your day shots, try shooting either on an overcast day where the sun light is difussed or early in the morning or late in the evening... even shooting in a shady spot (DSLR's will pick up light that may look to dark to us) will help. The reason im saying this is because the sun is the harshest light imaginable (aside from non-difused flashes) and it does nothing but cast hard shadows and washes your colors out tremendously. If you shoot at dawn/dusk, shade or overcast, you'll get much more contrast and "pop" to your colors. Just a thought of something for you to try out.

For an example, this pic clicky wouldnt have your face so dark and unrecognizeable if that makes sense. It would be a share darker but not such a drastic contrast from the non-shadow part of your skin.

Haha funny! Thanks for the tips though, I do appreciate it. I was trying to find shots I liked and immitating the lighting and effects, while also just coming up with stuff on the spot. Part of me likes the over-exposed look, but some of it wasn't meant to be that way. While we were there we realized we needed one of those large deflectors to try and cancel out the shadows...we found some big white cardboard but it didn't really do the trick so we just shifted the car and me around a bunch to try and fix what we could.

Next time I'll def take this into consideration. Also, those reflectors can be purchased for a reasonable amount of $$ so that's an option too. Maybe then people walking by will think it's more legit, instead of looking like a web **** shoot! haha

Ed, David, Joe...thanks for the kind words. Seems like most people get what I was going for.

Marc - if you have any more questions about the Brembos and the Fanblades let me know. Nutshell: you only need 1/2" spacers up front!

Kristina

PS - those are shorts I'm wearing not a dress!
Old 8/31/07, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

wow, you are gorgeous! love these pic, im not trying to be creepy here, but the lighting, the effects, two very feminine and beautiful things...works very well i approve! and white was my second choice for color of my car..definatly great pics!
Old 8/31/07, 02:52 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Krissy, you can get reflectors and all, but you'll need a flash system to use on them as just sunlight bouncing off isnt going to be enough to kill the shadows. Thats why I say shoot in overcast days, not direct sunlight. You'll be alot happier with the turn out.

Oh and you wont need reflectors or extra flashes for the most part if the sun isnt direct and casting the shadows
Old 8/31/07, 02:56 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Something else I meant to say.. if you want a GREAT small fairly inexpensive book to read that I got and it helped my photowork tremendously, check out http://www.scottkelbybooks.com/produ...otography-book. Its a great read and basically each page is a tip or trick or how he would shoot something.
Old 8/31/07, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scothew
Krissy, you can get reflectors and all, but you'll need a flash system to use on them as just sunlight bouncing off isnt going to be enough to kill the shadows. Thats why I say shoot in overcast days, not direct sunlight. You'll be alot happier with the turn out.

Oh and you wont need reflectors or extra flashes for the most part if the sun isnt direct and casting the shadows
OK gotcha, thank you! A corworker of mine is taking a photography course, I should look into it. It's good to get at least a basic understanding of how everything works - the internet is good and all at finding tutorials, but hands on is the best.

I was playing around in iPhoto after Ed commented on the B&W - its hard with the overexposed photos because everything just blends into itself!!

Anyway, thanks agian everyone...!
Old 8/31/07, 03:04 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Rondosa
I was playing around in iPhoto after Ed commented on the B&W - its hard with the overexposed photos because everything just blends into itself!!
Link me as to which pic your talking about. Ill play around with it some in photoshop (im bored at work right now and got 2.5 hours left)
Old 8/31/07, 03:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice Krissy..
Old 8/31/07, 03:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

VERY NICE!! Just drove thru your beautiful city too, for the first time ever!! Some very nice archtectual(sp?) spots and if the rest of the female residents are as fair as you, well.......What can I say? Just, very beautiful photos, do try Scot's overcast idea, and its good to plan out the shoot, but also leave some time to be spontaneous!!!
Old 9/1/07, 09:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Great pics! Thank you.
Old 9/2/07, 02:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nicely done!
Old 9/3/07, 05:27 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Very nice. Gotta love the Mustang girls...
Old 9/4/07, 08:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yep..nice stuff there...
Old 9/4/07, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Krissy the day that you got your GT those were nice Happy pictures ! & then the mod squad came a knokin, lol lookin good
Old 9/4/07, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey Krissy the day that you got your GT those were nice Happy pictures ! & then the mod squad came a knokin, lol lookin good

Haha you mean the photos from when I PDI'd the car? Ya well my wait was 6months.

Not much is different from the outside, I decided against stripes in the end.

hooray for mustangs!

Kristina
Old 9/4/07, 09:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can pose with my ride anytime!
Old 9/8/07, 11:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
mpt sure how I missed this one but wow nice pics!
Old 9/13/07, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Wow!
I second that, both car and owner!