Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

WHATS FOR DINNER?

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/15, 12:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Left over spaghetti tonight while I prepped beef stew with veggies. Simmering down now for lunches this week and the freezer.
Old 1/15/15, 05:25 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Pizza with pepperoni!
Old 1/15/15, 08:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Angus Ribeye. Back home cooking for myself again. California hotel and seminar food sucked. The lawnmower clipping health shake i had with Patrick(laserred) not withstanding lol. It was the healthiest thing i ate while there.

Name:  20150115_183853_zpsmzlbkgdx.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  70.3 KB

and here is Tag using stealth techniques to capture fallout from the dinner table lol

Name:  20150115_185730_zpsbdndysiw.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  154.2 KB
Old 1/15/15, 08:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Angus Ribeye. Back home cooking for myself again. California hotel and seminar food sucked. The lawnmower clipping health shake i had with Patrick(laserred) not withstanding lol. It was the healthiest thing i ate while there. and here is Tag using stealth techniques to capture fallout from the dinner table lol
LOL and dammit that looks good. I had just juice yesterday. Having some chicken rice soup for dinner tonight, but had just juice all day. This is gonna be a rough 2 weeks, but hopefully it'll be worth it!
Old 1/15/15, 08:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
LOL and dammit that looks good. I had just juice yesterday. Having some chicken rice soup for dinner tonight, but had just juice all day. This is gonna be a rough 2 weeks, but hopefully it'll be worth it!
Stick to it man. I've been there and done it. I 'should' do that myself again but i just can't bring myself to that in the winter months. Cold wet days here don't lend themselves to a juice diet easily
Old 1/15/15, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Stick to it man. I've been there and done it. I 'should' do that myself again but i just can't bring myself to that in the winter months. Cold wet days here don't lend themselves to a juice diet easily
Yeah I'm officially starting Monday, so the past couple weeks have been easing my way into it. Even still, yesterday was difficult. I missed one of my juices though - hard to drink out of mason jars when I'm chasing a 11 month old around
Old 1/15/15, 08:52 PM
Post *****

The lawnmower clipping health shake i had with Patrick(laserred) not withstanding lol. It was the healthiest thing i ate while there.
Need some midwestern corn in that cow!!
Old 1/15/15, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Yeah I'm officially starting Monday, so the past couple weeks have been easing my way into it. Even still, yesterday was difficult. I missed one of my juices though - hard to drink out of mason jars when I'm chasing a 11 month old around
Love me some carrot/beet/cucumber juice. With a side of wheat grass. But blended with a balanced diet.

I went serious juice in the late 90's. 4/day. I was in the best shape ever but just wanted to super charge my body. The result?

Some months later after I was eaten by my stallion, when they were doing bloodwork, I learned my cholesterol was thru the roof (high 200's), and my triglycerides were catastrophic at high 400's!! And I'm a skinny guy that threw a couple tons of freight each week for several years!!

Lesson? Juice as good as it is, if overdone, is damaging overall because fructose is still.... sugar... carbs... which overloads the pancreas and turns to sludge in the veins.

And here you work in an office.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/15/15 at 08:59 PM.
Old 1/15/15, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Love me some carrot/beet/cucumber juice. But blended with a balanced diet. I went serious juice in the late 90's. 4/day. I was in the best shape ever but just wanted to super charge my body. The result? Some months later after I was eaten by more horse, when they were doing bloodwork, I learned my cholesterol was thru the roof (high 200's), and my triglycerides were catastrophic at high 400's!! And I'm a skinny guy that thru a couple tons of freight each week!! Lesson? Juice as good as it is, if overdone, is damaging overall because fructose is still.... sugar... carbs... which overloads the pancreas and turns to sludge in the veins. And here you work in an office.
Oh yeah I know...I'm doing a detox and then I'll have 1-2 different ones a day. Mainly just rebooting and then starting to have more fruits and vegetables in my diet, not solely fruits and vegetables. But if you consider what we ate as hunter gatherers (which wasn't 3 meals a day of course), I am trying to more closely mirror that to see how it works out. It may not work for me, but I want to try it.

All last year I tried to watch what I ate, but we still went out a lot. This year I'm trying to focus on meal preparation and adding a lot more fruits and vegetables, but not relying on them - I ain't no vegan or vegetarian LOL
Old 1/15/15, 09:11 PM
Post *****

Oh yeah I know...I'm doing a detox and then I'll have 1-2 different ones a day. Mainly just rebooting and then starting to have more fruits and vegetables in my diet, not solely fruits and vegetables. But if you consider what we ate as hunter gatherers (which wasn't 3 meals a day of course), I am trying to more closely mirror that to see how it works out. It may not work for me, but I want to try it.

All last year I tried to watch what I ate, but we still went out a lot. This year I'm trying to focus on meal preparation and adding a lot more fruits and vegetables, but not relying on them - I ain't no vegan or vegetarian LOL
Probably eating at restaurants is more damaging than we think. I've been in those kitchens for years and they are concerned with what tastes good and sells - not healthy so much. (i.e. salt and sugar are the fastest taste bud triggers) But you probably know that.

Having said what I posted, I brought juice back down to occasional, reduced carbs and ate reasonable amount of protein (sort of a modified Atkins but never gave up veggies), and 12 months later cholesterol and tri's were in line without meds or going to a smelly gym.

FWIW Regardless of the random runaway cell division that occurred, the docs attribute my ability to withstand their surgical/nuclear/chemical tactics to my healthy lifestyle, cooked from scratch balanced meals (very little packaged or restaurant meals), and determined positive attitude. So even though 30+ years a semi health nut is not a cure all, it still 'pumps you up!'.

Thought this was intersting:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-15-15-22-52

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/15/15 at 09:16 PM.
Old 1/15/15, 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Probably eating at restaurants is more damaging than we think. I've been in those kitchens for years and they are concerned with what tastes good and sells - not healthy so much. (i.e. salt and sugar are the fastest taste bud triggers) But you probably know that. Having said what I posted, I brought juice back down to occasional, reduced carbs and ate reasonable amount of protein (sort of a modified Atkins but never gave up veggies), and 12 months later cholesterol and tri's were in line without meds or going to a smelly gym. FWIW Regardless of the random runaway cell division that occurred, the docs attribute my ability to withstand their surgical/nuclear/chemical tactics to my healthy lifestyle, cooked from scratch balanced meals (very little packaged or restaurant meals), and determined positive attitude. So even though 30+ years a semi health nut is not a cure all, it still 'pumps you up!'. Thought this was intersting: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-15-15-22-52
That sounds like a plan, and exactly the kind of diet I'm going after. Janny owning a bbq place, that I grew up eating for 20 years of my life, does NOT help hah! I really do need to get some exercise back in my daily routine, but it's just so difficult with our situation. I know that sounds like a crock of crap, but it really is, all things considered. I try to do what I can on weekends though. Truthfully, I need to get a new job this year, and make it somewhere that I'm not sitting on my **** all day!

Going to check your link out now...
Old 1/15/15, 09:32 PM
Post *****

That sounds like a plan, and exactly the kind of diet I'm going after. Janny owning a bbq place, that I grew up eating for 20 years of my life, does NOT help hah! I really do need to get some exercise back in my daily routine, but it's just so difficult with our situation. I know that sounds like a crock of crap, but it really is, all things considered. I try to do what I can on weekends though. Truthfully, I need to get a new job this year, and make it somewhere that I'm not sitting on my **** all day!

Going to check your link out now...
No, its not a crock. I understand. City life is difficult and hard on the body (and mind, emotional, spiritual health) because it's so out of synch with the natural lifestyle of a human being.
Old 1/15/15, 10:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
chicken stir fry over rice
Attached Thumbnails WHATS FOR DINNER?-20150112_182325.jpg  
Old 1/15/15, 10:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No, its not a crock. I understand. City life is difficult and hard on the body (and mind, emotional, spiritual health) because it's so out of synch with the natural lifestyle of a human being.
Every day I think about that, and every day I'm in the urban area, I despise it.
Old 1/15/15, 10:55 PM
Post *****

Every day I think about that, and every day I'm in the urban area, I despise it.
I've been there. Literally - few miles from you in PTown. But when my young buddies were blowin money on all kinds of fun stuff, I (23) started making a land pmt. I had some fun stuff too, but more measured because my #1 goal was getting out of there - for good - and that required buying some dirt and trees. Years of St.L, SoCal, East Bay were enough for me!
You're Mustang is very fine! But maybe get serious about shifting some real money to dirt and trees. Otherwise you'll be posting your comment 30 years from now! I watched a number of buddies wind up with that story.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/15/15 at 10:58 PM.
Old 1/15/15, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've been there. Literally - few miles from you in PTown. But when my young buddies were blowin money on all kinds of fun stuff, I (23) started making a land pmt. I had some fun stuff too, but more measured because my #1 goal was getting out of there - for good - and that required buying some dirt and trees. Years of St.L, SoCal, East Bay were enough for me! You're Mustang is very fine! But maybe get serious about shifting some real money to dirt and trees. Otherwise you'll be posting your comment 30 years from now! I watched a number of buddies wind up with that story.
Yessir, that's our new motto. Save save save. I have a few small things for the car this year, but other than that it's just drive and maintain. And I'm trying to come up with some kind of business to start with my uncle and a couple friends. My circle of friends and I are just not cut out for the corporate world. I need to be my own boss!
Old 1/15/15, 11:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I cooked ribeyes and salmon filets on the grill tonight in pouring snow, lol.
Old 1/16/15, 08:47 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Home made caesar salad - i call it the emperor salad lol
and my version of a banana split, called the 'anti-oxidant split'
Name:  20150116_183343_zpsnqc1md1k.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  79.3 KB
Name:  20150116_185343_zpsde6hf8pm.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.2 KB
Old 1/16/15, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Home made caesar salad - i call it the emperor salad lol and my version of a banana split, called the 'anti-oxidant split'
Next time you come down, can you stay over and cook for me??

...no homo
Old 1/16/15, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I cooked ribeyes and salmon filets on the grill tonight in pouring snow, lol.
best time to BBQ when it's snowing , we always did it in the prairies when I grew up and when I built bridges there. 😆 yummers

Quick Reply: WHATS FOR DINNER?