Old 8/4/14, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Beasties . . . "Jimmy James": Video Link: http://youtu.be/vw5i7TPkYfI
your posts made me you made my day...

Im listening to his:
it's stuck in my head...

Last edited by Supersnake04; 8/4/14 at 09:02 AM.
Old 8/8/14, 10:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Old 8/8/14, 11:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I know he hates to admit it after I have given him so much **** about how country has gone to nothing but pop, top 40, rap, crap over the last few years and he has defended it to the death, but I think he has finally conceded that country is horrible **** these days.

This is your real country for the modern times. I know you have avoided listening to them when I have posted this stuff before, but surely you can admit that it is closer to country than the sheet you've been following on the radio.

If that ain't a real modern day country song, I don't know what is. This **** you promote doesn't even come close.

Of course, they may need to add some fireworks shooting off, lots of explosions, 25 back up singers, a laser light show, 50 dancers, a stage out into the crowd where drunk women can touch their pant legs, and streamers and balloons dropping into the crowd when the show ends, that is pretty much what signals that you're at a country concert these days.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/9/14 at 12:00 AM.
Old 8/9/14, 12:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I know he hates to admit it after I have given him so much **** about how country has gone to nothing but pop, top 40, rap, crap over the last few years and he has defended it to the death, but I think he has finally conceded that country is horrible **** these days. This is your real country for the modern times. I know you have avoided listening to them when I have posted this stuff before, but surely you can admit that it is closer to country than the sheet you've been following on the radio. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzoVLDdHwW4 If that ain't a real modern day country song, I don't know what is. This **** you promote doesn't even come close.
I've honestly had mixed feelings about their other stuff you've posted, some I liked, some I hated, but that one is pure greatness. I love it!
Old 8/9/14, 12:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
I've honestly had mixed feelings about their other stuff you've posted, some I liked, some I hated, but that one is pure greatness. I love it!
That song (especially that version) really hits me deep, about the dad that wanted more for his kids but had to sacrifice his opportunity to make sure they had what they needed, the two little boys on the baseball team, etc. it chokes me up.

This one is the same way. This is the true modern day country music, this is a fantastic song. These guys deserve a hell of a lot more recognition than they get.

I know and can connect exactly to what that song is saying. Been down a lot of bad roads and have come out on the right one, only by the grace of God and good luck.
Old 8/9/14, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That song (especially that version) really hits me deep, about the dad that wanted more for his kids but had to sacrifice his opportunity to make sure they had what they needed, the two little boys on the baseball team, etc. it chokes me up. This one is the same way. This is the true modern day country music, this is a fantastic song. These guys deserve a hell of a lot more recognition than they get. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lEWTEk3jg I know and can connect exactly to what that song is saying. Been down a lot of bad roads and have come out on the right one, only by the grace of God and good luck.
Okay I love that one too. The lead singer/guitarist reminds me of Charlie lol. It's funny, a lot of the younger folks who grow up in the country long to move to the big city (okay they USED to at least), but around here I feel like I'm the only shmuck that longs to move out to the middle of nowhere, a town with less than 1000 people, maybe one Sheriff and one Deputy etc. I didn't grow up in the south, nor do I have many relatives from there, but I long to end up there. I definitely do not belong in what's become of California
Old 8/9/14, 01:09 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
Okay I love that one too. The lead singer/guitarist reminds me of Charlie lol. It's funny, a lot of the younger folks who grow up in the country long to move to the big city (okay they USED to at least), but around here I feel like I'm the only shmuck that longs to move out to the middle of nowhere, a town with less than 1000 people, maybe one Sheriff and one Deputy etc. I didn't grow up in the south, nor do I have many relatives from there, but I long to end up there. I definitely do not belong in what's become of California
That lead singer is actually named Charlie, lol. Charlie Starr, a good ol' boy from Georgia. LOL. And that is a killer band that plays some great stuff.

Old 8/9/14, 01:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Might not touch much in you but I think its a hell of a cover for us hillbillies, lol.

Old 8/9/14, 04:36 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
That song (especially that version) really hits me deep, about the dad that wanted more for his kids but had to sacrifice his opportunity to make sure they had what they needed, the two little boys on the baseball team, etc. it chokes me up.

This one is the same way. This is the true modern day country music, this is a fantastic song. These guys deserve a hell of a lot more recognition than they get.

Blackberry Smoke - Ain't Much Left Of Me from Southern Ground Studios (Acoustic) - YouTube

I know and can connect exactly to what that song is saying. Been down a lot of bad roads and have come out on the right one, only by the grace of God and good luck.
That is my favorite song of theirs . . .

I picked up their Live album a couple weeks ago, and I may have worn out the track . . . as well as the entire album!
Old 8/9/14, 06:17 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Nothin' bout Bob . . .

Bob Seger Ramblin Gamblin Man: http://youtu.be/r2aBOTNGWMY

Great song.

And an FYI....the clip is clearly lip-synced, but give it another close listen and you'll hear future Eagle founder Glenn Frye doing background vocals.
Old 8/9/14, 08:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Might not touch much in you but I think its a hell of a cover for us hillbillies, lol. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFhFiLmzIpk
Everyone's got a hillbilly bone in 'em right?

This one kinda sounds like what would've happened if Lynyrd Skynyrd got together with Johnny Cash and played in some hillbilly's backyard

I think I'm going to go pick up one of their CDs. We're going to Country in the Park today, and I'm prepared to be pretty underwhelmed....
Old 8/9/14, 12:43 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I know he hates to admit it after I have given him so much **** about how country has gone to nothing but pop, top 40, rap, crap over the last few years and he has defended it to the death, but I think he has finally conceded that country is horrible **** these days.
Here we go again.

And you like Kimberly Perry, so.
Old 8/9/14, 11:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I picked up their Live album a couple weeks ago, and I may have worn out the track . . . as well as the entire album!

Have you heard this? Talk about a good cover. What an awesome live band they are.

That's some damned good picking.

Old 8/9/14, 11:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Another great cover from back when they first started. **** what a great group of pickers.

Want to see the true musical talent of a band? Watch them live, that tells the whole story. A studio album doesn't reveal ****.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/9/14 at 11:49 PM.
Old 8/9/14, 11:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Which album? The live show at the Georgia Theater? That was a great show.

Either way, these guys are the real ****ing deal. They kick ***. I figure the only reason they haven't made the big time is because of exactly what is on their logo "Too Rock for Country, Too Country for Rock".

Of course I can't believe this one isn't a chart topping country song, it has all the right marks to make it one. Well, it probably would have been 5 years ago, now it doesn't pass the test since it doesn't have any rapping, lol.

Old 8/10/14, 12:52 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Blackberry Smoke featuring Zac Brown.

Great ****ing song. :

Old 8/10/14, 01:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hell ****ing yeah. God I love these long haired hillbillies!!

Quick Reply: what are you listening to ?