Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

what are you listening to ?

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/14, 01:49 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That's what great about Mobile, its not like NOLA, its family friendly (for the most part, you have derelicts every where you go). Its more of the traditional celebration, lots of party type stuff that the adults can enjoy, but not lewd crap that you don't wan't the kids to see (even though boys like yours and my nephews in a few years will want to see, lol).
Bourbon is where tourists go to be a part of complete defilement and locals go to watch it. These people show up and go ballistic. It's like the hangover movies. Lol. Just way too many drunken retards per square inch for me to handle. Social anxiety disorder sets in and I want to kill people.
Old 3/1/14, 02:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Bourbon is where tourists go to be a part of complete defilement and locals go to watch it. These people show up and go ballistic. It's like the hangover movies. Lol. Just way too many drunken retards per square inch for me to handle. Social anxiety disorder sets in and I want to kill people.

That's what is great about Mobile, its not like that. Sure, there are derelict idiots out there, but nothing like NOLA. You can actually take the kids down to some of the celebrations, and you can leave them at home and go for the adults, but its still not over the top. They take my little nephews every year to some of the celebrations, parades, etc. heck they are out of school for them. And trust me, these kids wouldn't be anywhere near debauchery, their parents are strict, hell their mom is a teacher down there and their dad is a BAMF that rules with an iron fist about what his boys are exposed to.
Old 3/1/14, 02:21 AM

That's what is great about Mobile, its not like that. Sure, there are derelict idiots out there, but nothing like NOLA. You can actually take the kids down to some of the celebrations, and you can leave them at home and go for the adults, but its still not over the top. They take my little nephews every year to some of the celebrations, parades, etc. heck they are out of school for them. And trust me, these kids wouldn't be anywhere near debauchery, their parents are strict, hell their mom is a teacher down there and their dad is a BAMF that rules with an iron fist about what his boys are exposed to.
It's definitely on my to do list. There's a few more family friendly Mardi Gras towns here that are great too.
Old 3/1/14, 02:22 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I love this song, but I can hardly stand to listen to it. Is that weird? I'm fine when it starts but by a few minutes into it the song hits so close to home that I feel sick at my stomach and I often have to turn it off. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0Zqo-vOFM Anyone else have songs that do that to you?
I have quote a few, none that really affect me cause of the manner you're speaking if I think however. I am the type that I definitely relate songs to events in life.
Old 3/1/14, 02:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
You guys are right on with some of your earlier posts. Tool has been a favorite of mine, seen them live many times incredible show. Listen to wings part 2 from 10,000 days album, very moving song.

Corgan is a musical genius plain and simple matter if you like that style of music or not. Check out crush off their first album Gish.
Old 3/1/14, 02:26 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Good stuff lately in this thread. I won't multi quote cause well I'm lazy. I wanna go to Mardi gras once but can't bring myself to do it. Especially on bourbon, ok way to guarded for crowds like that. Couldn't enjoy it at all. I do however want to go to some of the music festivals. Nola jazz fest and bonnaroo are on my bucket list
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Brother by AIC gets me too.
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/1/14 at 04:01 AM.
Old 3/1/14, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Scothew
I have quote a few, none that really affect me cause of the manner you're speaking if I think however. I am the type that I definitely relate songs to events in life.
Yep. Most of the music I like is from the 90's and it usually brings me back to the 90's. I rolled pretty hard during that time in my life without a care in the world so most of that music puts me in a really good place. You know, before I had any responsibilities. Lol
Old 3/1/14, 02:34 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Yep. Most of the music I like is from the 90's and it usually brings me back to the 90's. I rolled pretty hard during that time in my life without a care in the world so most of that music puts me in a really good place. You know, before I had any responsibilities. Lol
strangly most of the events that I've related to music is from the last five years. Sure there are a lot from way back but these past few years has been a major turning point in so many areas
Old 3/1/14, 02:37 AM

Good stuff lately in this thread. I won't multi quote cause well I'm lazy. I wanna go to Mardi gras once but can't bring myself to do it. Especially on bourbon, ok way to guarded for crowds like that. Couldn't enjoy it at all. I do however want to go to some of the music festivals. Nola jazz fest and bonnaroo are on my bucket list
Voodoo Fest is fantastic also. Jazz Fest is about like Mardi Gras. Drunk smelly idiots everywhere and not very much good music. Barely any jazz or blues. Pretty disappointing actually. Voodoo Fest surprisingly is a lot less offensive even though it's more directed towards a younger crowd. I saw one of the last performances by Rage Against the Machines a few years ago there. Incredible show. If you do happen to get to Mardi Gras on Bourbon, buy into one of the balcony parties and you will have a much better time than street level.
Old 3/1/14, 02:44 AM

strangly most of the events that I've related to music is from the last five years. Sure there are a lot from way back but these past few years has been a major turning point in so many areas
Honestly I don't even listen to much music these days. If I do, it's usually nothing new. Unless I discover a new blues artist. New rock is just not as good to me. I really need Bluetooth in my truck so I can use pandora while I'm driving. I don't like driving with headphones.
Old 3/1/14, 02:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

See my edited post above.

I'll be down there up and down the coast for 3-4 weeks in April. I'll have to keep my eye out between Fl and Al. Bunch of lunatics.
Old 3/1/14, 02:55 AM

See my edited post above. I'll be down there up and down the coast for 3-4 weeks in April. I'll have to keep my eye out between Fl and Al. Bunch of lunatics.
I think you should edit it again. Maybe a little too over the top. Lmao. But I know what you're saying.
Old 3/1/14, 03:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think you should edit it again. Maybe a little too over the top. Lmao. But I know what you're saying.
Why? Because I told the truth?
Old 3/1/14, 03:07 AM

Why? Because I told the truth?
No because we live in a pussiefied PC world and some little ***** is gonna be offended I'm sure.
Old 3/1/14, 03:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

No because we live in a pussiefied PC world and some little ***** is gonna be offended I'm sure.

I really don't GAF. I'm there quite often, I have family there, I know the place and that is nothing but the truth. Its just the facts, ask anyone that live there.

Don't even get me started on the other parts of town, lol.
Old 3/1/14, 03:20 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I just read but sadly in no shape ATM to think much past that lol
Old 3/1/14, 03:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I just read but sadly in no shape ATM to think much past that lol

Don't ban me bro!!!!
Old 3/1/14, 03:32 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Don't ban me bro!!!!
im not but there is a couple things I'd wish you'd edit a tad lol

Quick Reply: what are you listening to ?