Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Paul Walker dead in car crash

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/13, 06:31 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader99
He's not my idol, ****. I'm not some kid who worships those movies. You sound like a kid with some jealousy issues.

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 12/2/13 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Edited name calling in quote . . .
Old 12/2/13, 06:34 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Typical troll response, of course.
Old 12/2/13, 06:43 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Take it easy everyone . . . no need for name calling, and no need to goad people.
Old 12/2/13, 07:13 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This started off as a R.I.P. Thread to a fellow car enthusiast. Now were bashing movies and each other? Cmon people wheres your sense of respect. If you didnt like the movies or heck if you didnt even like Paul then dont say anything. If anything just say "While not a fan of FAF movies, RIP Mr. walker"

Seriously., alot of you guys are acting like kids. And thats comin from a 20 year old
Old 12/2/13, 08:03 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
it does appear he was a well liked fellow and a good fellow to boot .. when i first saw the story i did`nt know who he was ..
Old 12/2/13, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://ktla.com/2013/12/02/new-detai...d-roger-rodas/

Mechanical issues seemed to have played a part.
Old 12/2/13, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know one thing for sure...having a very public "rev your exhaust" tribute in his honor on 12/7 was a BAD IDEA! Hello people, Pearl Harbor anniversary. Hopefully someone caught that and changed it.
Old 12/2/13, 11:00 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Holy crap
Garys gotta up his game!

Al.. lots of us in the 90s never had cool muscle cars or uncles shops. In fact lots of us city kids thought trucks were rare to see daily. The "Hondas" and such were the muscle cars of our day and lead to people getting into fast cars which lead a generation down a car related path. These teens grew up to get jobs and buy faster better cars like mustangs and Camaros.

So I am saying my generation spent the money and time that has sparked the current muscle wars. It wasn't so much the old timers who are still impress by AC and a power glide.. Look at most of the guys on the site with current gen mustangs and you will find a late 20 to mid 30s age group.
Old 12/2/13, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
the FAF movies were cheesy, but you do need to understand the impact it has on modern car culture. I'd rather have bad car enthusiasts than more prius drivers. They're far from the best ever car movies, but they do matter. And not everyone had the opportunity to grow up with family members in garages and working on cars.
I don't understand why people think the cars were important. The only reason why those movies did good was the girls and the street racing scenes with young kids watching them. I never was into those movies or the cars in them. Vin was the only one with some cool rides. Besides, how many gears did those cars have, like 12?
Old 12/2/13, 04:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
This started off as a R.I.P. Thread to a fellow car enthusiast. Now were bashing movies and each other? Cmon people wheres your sense of respect. If you didnt like the movies or heck if you didnt even like Paul then dont say anything. If anything just say "While not a fan of FAF movies, RIP Mr. walker" Seriously., alot of you guys are acting like kids. And thats comin from a 20 year old
Agreed. I Wanted to stop reading this thread for reasons mentioned above but came back out of curiosity.

Paul Was a philanthropist, organized charities, had a wonderful new girlfriend and daughter. He was successful in Hollywood and was a car enthusiast. Most of all he was a family man and good hearted soul. Why must people discredit that?

Blame the directors if you don't like the movies. Blame Mitsubushi. Better yet, don't watch them. Stop comparing him to John Wayne... Because we know all of his films were just great. Lol um yeah.

Sorry for the rant. It's emotional seeing a man the same age as me leave his daughter behind. No little girl deserves to be without her Dad.
Old 12/2/13, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
RIP Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. I'm so sorry for they're loved ones and they're loss. That's all that matters.
Old 12/2/13, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
This started off as a R.I.P. Thread to a fellow car enthusiast. Now were bashing movies and each other? Cmon people wheres your sense of respect. If you didnt like the movies or heck if you didnt even like Paul then dont say anything. If anything just say "While not a fan of FAF movies, RIP Mr. walker"

Seriously., alot of you guys are acting like kids. And thats comin from a 20 year old
Thank-you and times 473
Old 12/2/13, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ride on Paul Walker & Roger Rodas you will both be missed.

Lessons to those left behind the street is not a race track. Roger was a professional grand prix driver and should know the street is not a place for a buck fifty.

Do it on the track with the proper gear.

Live Safe.

Rest in peace guys

Boss #228
Old 12/2/13, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
We can't all be as old as you Charlie.
I just think the FAF movies should have been all filmed in Japan and had Kung Fu and voice overs. Jet Li and David Caradine would have been great.
As this thread took on recalling old movies and the stars who played great drivers who can forget David Caradine in the movie Death Race 2000.
But my favorite still is Martin Sheen in Califorina Kid

Boss #228
Old 12/2/13, 10:26 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Agreed. I Wanted to stop reading this thread for reasons mentioned above but came back out of curiosity.

Paul Was a philanthropist, organized charities, had a wonderful new girlfriend and daughter. He was successful in Hollywood and was a car enthusiast. Most of all he was a family man and good hearted soul. Why must people discredit that?

Blame the directors if you don't like the movies. Blame Mitsubushi. Better yet, don't watch them. Stop comparing him to John Wayne... Because we know all of his films were just great. Lol um yeah.

Sorry for the rant. It's emotional seeing a man the same age as me leave his daughter behind. No little girl deserves to be without her Dad.
Exactly, it just ticks me off when people can't be respectful when someone dies tragically. There always has to be that one guy with the negative comment. Especially when they don't really know much about that person. I should've just let it go. Paul Walker and I are/were the same age and I have a daughter the same age as his. I also lost my older brother ( a father of 3 and a phenomenal mechanic/driver) as a result of a traffic accident caused by someone else.

Last edited by Vader99; 12/2/13 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12/2/13, 10:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 213 Likes on 146 Posts
rest in peace Paul and Roger. They were fathers, sons and friends to many people who will grieve deeply for a lost loved one so young. I remember the devastating loss of my best friend in a bike accident, just 15 minutes after sitting in the garage. It's a huge wake up call telling us how sudden, unexpected and brutally, life can be taken away...in an instant...for anyone.
I saw some of his movies and forgot them, but the portrait being painted is of a man who used his celebrity status to help others. That's cool and what he should be remembered for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JzcCviNDk#t=71

Last edited by DarrenGT; 12/2/13 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12/3/13, 12:48 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Fans told to stop burning rubber near site of Paul Walker's fatal crash

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ors_picks=true
Old 12/3/13, 04:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Vader99
Exactly, it just ticks me off when people can't be respectful when someone dies tragically. There always has to be that one guy with the negative comment. Especially when they don't really know much about that person. I should've just let it go. Paul Walker and I are/were the same age and I have a daughter the same age as his. I also lost my older brother ( a father of 3 and a phenomenal mechanic/driver) as a result of a traffic accident caused by someone else.
You mean the guy that dated a 16 year old when he was 33. SMH
Old 12/3/13, 06:19 AM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
At this rate a mod might as well shut the thread down. Im honestly a lil disappointed with some of the responses you guys have. smh
Old 12/3/13, 08:18 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
At this rate a mod might as well shut the thread down. Im honestly a lil disappointed with some of the responses you guys have. smh
You've been here a while. I'm surprised you're not used to the disappointment by now.

Quick Reply: Paul Walker dead in car crash