Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Paul Walker dead in car crash

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/13, 11:35 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Looking at the photos, there's a pole sticking out of where the passenger seat would be. If he wasn't driving, as as been alluded to previously, I doubt he was alive by the time the car caught fire. I know cars aren't the steel tanks of yesteryear, but you've got to be going really fast in the wrong kind of ways to end up making a car look like an Indy car that just hit the wall.
With all their track time its amazing they would be hot ******* on the street. Sad. That had to have been pretty high speed.

A person who happened to be on the same fateful street that Paul Walker was riding along in Santa Clarita, Calif. — in fact, Paul and one other man, the driver, had passed the witness less than a minute before losing control, spoke to HollywoodLife.com about the gruesome crash.
“We were missed getting hit by them by like 30 seconds,” the eyewitness recalls. The source can’t exactly say why the driver of the car lost control, though he does confirm that the crash was extremely violent and explosive.
“The car burst into flames immediately and split a tree in half,” the eyewitness says, adding that there seemed to be no stopping the fire that broke out. “The flames were way too big and fast-moving.”
“They couldn’t do anything,” he says, in reference to Paul and the other passenger.

Pictures from the scene of the accident also make that evident. The Porsche Paul was in was reduced to mere rubble after the fire was finally extinguished. And if the impact of the crash didn’t take Paul’s life, the explosion and fire that followed did.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=trending

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/1/13 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12/1/13, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My local car club is going on a cruise today in his honor.
Old 12/1/13, 12:07 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by youngstang90
My local car club is going on a cruise today in his honor.
In his honor? Really? He wasn't John Wayne or Steve McQueen. It's a shame that he died so young but a lot better actors have died and never had a memorial cruise in their honor.
Old 12/1/13, 12:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
In his honor? Really? He wasn't John Wayne or Steve McQueen. It's a shame that he died so young but a lot better actors have died and never had a memorial cruise in their honor.
I don't think the cruise is about career accomplishments. For many, their introduction into car culture was the fast and the furious franchise. For many that where already part of the culture, it cemented their love of cars and motorsports. A cruise that pays small tribute to that seems very much in line to me.

I've never seen a single fast and furious movie but I'm saddened by the death of anyone young, especially when it involves cars. It's heart breaking that something I love so dearly can take a life and does so too often.
Old 12/1/13, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And yet every guy with a Bullit Mustang thinks they're Steve McQueen, but a lot of better actors have died. So what's your point? You just had to be "that" guy with the jerky comment.
Old 12/1/13, 12:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader99
And yet every guy with a Bullit Mustang thinks they're Steve McQueen, but a lot of better actors have died. So what's your point? You just had to be "that" guy with the jerky comment.
a) You would be wrong. I don't wear a turtleneck.

b) That's Al's job here.
Old 12/1/13, 01:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
a) You would be wrong. I don't wear a turtleneck.
Old 12/1/13, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vader99
It's not a jerky comment. Fast and the furious sucked ***!!! All 13 of them. I mourned the death of Jackie Gleason. Long live Buford T Justice!!! Now that was a great car movie.
Old 12/1/13, 03:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It's not a jerky comment. Fast and the furious sucked ***!!! All 13 of them. I mourned the death of Jackie Gleason. Long live Buford T Justice!!! Now that was a great car movie.
"Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch your momma right in the mouth."
Old 12/1/13, 03:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
He had other movies too. RIP Paul.
Old 12/1/13, 03:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
So I'm guessing Carrera GT has engine in the back and fuel tank in the front. If you hit a pole head on at a relatively high force or even a medium rate of speed fuel tank ruptures and then it's just a matter of a spark and boom.
Old 12/1/13, 03:38 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
some pretty gruesome photos on another forum .. they didn`t burn to death i dont think ..
Old 12/1/13, 03:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

CNN was showing some pictures of black marks on the road across from where it happened, looked like someone doing donuts, but said they were still investigating whether they were part of the accident, or were already there.
Old 12/1/13, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
"Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch your momma right in the mouth."
Daddy my hat fell off.
I hope your god damm head was in it.
Old 12/1/13, 04:08 PM

It is sad news. He was a great actor and from what I have heard a great person as well. A genuine car enthusiast. My condolences to his family.
Old 12/1/13, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Another good example of why public roads ARE NOT SUITABLE for what should be confined to controlled tracks and venues.
This can happen to anyone, very sad.
Old 12/1/13, 06:14 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know old timers wont get it.. it really was the movie that saved modern car culture and helped grow sema in to what it is now. Yeah the moves were kinda corny but they spoke to many of us growing up in the late 90s.

I remember leaving the theater. It was like a new world opened to us. Everyone was jazzed.
Old 12/1/13, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I know old timers wont get it.. it really was the movie that saved modern car culture and helped grow sema in to what it is now. Yeah the moves were kinda corny but they spoke to many of us growing up in the late 90s. I remember leaving the theater. It was like a new world opened to us. Everyone was jazzed.
Dude. Go back to your video game thread. Sema was "the show" way before that stupid movie. American Graffiti was a cooler car movie. If the FAF movies sparked something in your life, you never were a car guy.
Old 12/1/13, 06:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
. American Graffiti was a cooler car movie. If the FAF movies sparked something in your life, you never were a car guy.
well said .. and that`s all i got to say about that ..
Old 12/1/13, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

Dude. Go back to your video game thread. Sema was "the show" way before that stupid movie. American Graffiti was a cooler car movie. If the FAF movies sparked something in your life, you never were a car guy.
I was 9 when the first one came out. Didn't see it probably till I was 11 or 12 but I remember that movie specifically is what turned me onto cars.

Quick Reply: Paul Walker dead in car crash