Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Our Country is being destroyed!

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/05, 09:18 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at this article, it is now apparent that those in power in our country have decided whats best for Americans, is to cut them off at the knees!!

This follows Delphi's extortion of the Pensions of thousands of retired workers..

Looking at the news today, Ford and Chrysler are expected to follow GM's lead..

Why are so many Americans asleep these days? How could it be that a handfull of corrupt government officials, could be allowed to destroy the lives of millions of people, and we seem powerless to stop it..

For all those who voted R, what do you think of your vote now? Would you change it if you had a 2nd chance? It is now apparent, our country is headed off a cliff, and we all appear willing to follow, without saying stop, wait, whats going on..

You all may think these situations will not affect you, but I promise you they will..

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P133000.asp
Old 10/18/05, 09:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

You may want to see what some members here have to say...

It's already closed
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...22917&hl=unions
Old 10/18/05, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Voting "D" set the events in place...NAFTA, WTO...sound familiar?
Why should car companies build anything where labor is $30 an hour when they can do it in Mexico for $2. It's not like a car requires tremendous skill to assemble...it's a snap together kit basically with a few bolts and computer sub-assemblies.The Clintons were no better.
This is ECONOMIC....not political.
Old 10/18/05, 11:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hayburner@October 18, 2005, 10:37 PM
Why should car companies build anything where labor is $30 an hour when they can do it in Mexico for $2. It's not like a car requires tremendous skill to assemble...it's a snap together kit basically with a few bolts and computer sub-assemblies.The Clintons were no better.
100% agree with that, Business moved to where labor costs are lower, whether it's automobiles or computer help call centers which are now in the Philippines and India. You don't really think Nike makes shoes in the US anymore, do you? The company I work for sells and installs hot water heaters. The brand we use has its HQ in the US but has a manufacturing plant in Mexico. The list could go on and on.
Old 10/19/05, 01:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hayburner@October 18, 2005, 10:37 PM
Agreed...has nothing to do with "whos in power."
Old 10/19/05, 05:30 AM
Bullitt Member

American workers are spoiled.
Old 10/19/05, 05:33 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
OK . . .just a warning before this post gets too fired up . . .

Keep it civil and try to have an open discussion or it will get CLOSED.

The link below will be live for one week . . .
http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant
Old 10/19/05, 06:38 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@October 18, 2005, 11:21 PM
... For all those who voted R, what do you think of your vote now? Would you change it if you had a 2nd chance?
Gore or Kerry, and perhaps Hillary? Give me a brake.

It would be ideal to vote for candidates whose priorities would be for the working man since most of us are just that. Although, it is a little bit difficult to vote for candidates who have no code or principles, and have a high tolerance for anyone with a short supply of morals as long as their votes are available.

Ask and you shall receive. Everyone is accountable for their actions.

You losers have no one else to blame but yourselves. Enjoy.
Old 10/19/05, 03:29 PM
MSP
Banned

Ok guys! I guess my point has been pretty much made, with some of the tame replies..

As most of you can see, the few people which have replied find an arrogance in American workers earning decent wages.. They see fit that its ok to send jobs overseas and cut retirment benfits..

Now of course none of us here are going to argue about politics.. Thats would be foolish.. However, if you look at the course alot of things are taking today, its no wonder we find ourselves in this position..

Did you noticed none of the replies actually tried to defend the UAW workers..? The very fine men and women who built our wonderful Mustangs.. Its really shocking to see alot of the responses, but not worth arguing about..

Is there anyone brave enough to atleast defend Americans anymore? WOW!

@Evil_Capri

Thanks for your civil response and keeping the flames down.. Of course the intention is not to start a flame war, but to field opinion.. Thus far I am shocked that not one defense of UAW workers has been posted, which helps to illustrate my original point.. As Americans, we have been slowly put to sleep.. The media has done a fine job in distorting the facts, so that very well upstanding people like the ones who have replied to this post, dont even realize they are supporting the wrong goals..
Old 10/19/05, 03:51 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 19, 2005, 4:41 AM

It would be ideal to vote for candidates whose priorities would be for the working man since most of us are just that. Although, it is a little bit difficult to vote for candidates who have no code or principles, and have a high tolerance for anyone with a short supply of morals as long as their votes are available.

Not really sure what exactly your referring to Sir! However, based on your status here, I shall take being called a loser, and leave it at that.. Sorry if I have offended you somehow.. I would have expected something more logical coming from someone with your esteemed position here.. But thats niether here nor there.. LOL!! I must accept your comment on its face value.. Sorry for the disturbance, if any..
Old 10/19/05, 04:18 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
The reason I intend not to get into this discussion is I've seen/read just about every angle on BON and don't feel the need to go through it again.

However . . . it stinks about the UAW, stinks that people complain about increasing health costs and there is an industry that tried to take care of their employees and is getting burned in the end, but in this market (and it doesn't look to be changing) how are the Big 2.5 suppose to compete?
Old 10/19/05, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

All things collapse all systems crumble. Trust in YHVH alone.
Old 10/20/05, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 19, 2005, 5:41 AM

Since WHEN does 1 Bullitt or anybody else have the right to call people losers???
And the way you laid down for this is amazing...his 'Status".
Old 10/21/05, 01:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 19, 2005, 3:32 PM
Ok guys! I guess my point has been pretty much made, with some of the tame replies..

As most of you can see, the few people which have replied find an arrogance in American workers earning decent wages.. They see fit that its ok to send jobs overseas and cut retirment benfits..

Now of course none of us here are going to argue about politics.. Thats would be foolish.. However, if you look at the course alot of things are taking today, its no wonder we find ourselves in this position..

Did you noticed none of the replies actually tried to defend the UAW workers..? The very fine men and women who built our wonderful Mustangs.. Its really shocking to see alot of the responses, but not worth arguing about..

Is there anyone brave enough to atleast defend Americans anymore? WOW!

@Evil_Capri

Thanks for your civil response and keeping the flames down.. Of course the intention is not to start a flame war, but to field opinion.. Thus far I am shocked that not one defense of UAW workers has been posted, which helps to illustrate my original point.. As Americans, we have been slowly put to sleep.. The media has done a fine job in distorting the facts, so that very well upstanding people like the ones who have replied to this post, dont even realize they are supporting the wrong goals..
Old 10/21/05, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by hayburner@October 21, 2005, 12:00 AM
Break open a Websters and look up the word "sarcasm".
Old 10/21/05, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by hayburner@October 21, 2005, 1:00 AM
Since WHEN does 1 Bullitt or anybody else have the right to call people losers???

Since 1962, and gets renewed annually with the blessings of the IRS and the FBI. As to calling people losers, had you slowly read and understood my post you could possibly come to the conclusion it had nothing to do with union members, unless they happen to be Ds.

Have a couple of martinis and call me in the morning.
Old 10/21/05, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 21, 2005, 6:43 AM

Since 1962, and gets renewed annually with the blessings of the IRS and the FBI. As to calling people losers, had you slowly read and understood my post you could possibly come to the conclusion it had nothing to do with union members, unless they happen to be Ds.

Have a couple of martinis and call me in the morning.
We need to see your license with the "Loser " endorsement....in the mean time, hands on the hood, feet back and spread 'em!
Old 10/21/05, 01:57 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by hayburner@October 21, 2005, 11:33 AM
We need to see your license with the "Loser " endorsement....in the mean time, hands on the hood, feet back and spread 'em!

LOL!! No its alright officer! I'm quite sure it was an accident, but since you have him hand-cuffed, and noone is around......
Old 10/21/05, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by hayburner@October 21, 2005, 3:33 PM
Really?

Looks like the endorsement you propose or need to see might be slightly different.
Not that there is anything wrong with it.