Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Lost Season 3 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/07 | 06:24 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Well, that's the way I took it. Of course, there could be other possibilities....
Oh yea... it is the most likely possibility, but there might be a twist or something
Old 5/25/07 | 06:33 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
You mean that they're all sequestered away somewhere, placed in a deep unconscious state, sharing a collective hallucination as part of a programming technique for some yet-to-be discovered purpose...?
Or something like the matrix
Old 5/25/07 | 04:11 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Boomer
Or something like the matrix
Well, more like Manchurian Candidates on steroids. I wasn't thinking of any sort of computer or machine intelligence pulling the strings.

Remember that episode of The X-Files where they found all those bodies suspended in glowing, fluid-filled chambers in a big, dark warehouse? That sort of idea, and all our main Lost characters are being collectively programmed for some other mission that we don't even know about yet, but that may be revealed at the end of the series - hell, it could even form the basis of a whole new series once they regain consciousness and go off on their "missions".

It would explain all the time dialations and impossible fantasy elements that the series has manifested thus far.
Old 5/25/07 | 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

"...It would explain all the time dialations and impossible fantasy elements that the series has manifested thus far."

OR: A twist like Final Destination; You're John Locke. You're waiting for Oceanic to board. There's a delay. You have been looking around at all the others waiting to board with you. You're ticked off, all the coulda, woulda, shoulda's of your adventure, are playing in your head. You doze off in your wheelchair while thinking that. Then, a nudge, another wakes you for final boarding. Up, up, and away goes Oceaniac. A smooth flight across the Pacific. Then BOOM. The plane tosses and tumbles. Next thing you're standing on the beach looking back at the plane and your burning wheelchair. You get that smirk on your face (you know, the shot of him that they keep showing over and over again in diffent episodes). Screen fades to black. L O S T
Old 5/26/07 | 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

What about Jack saying "he's tired of lying" to Kate at the end, when he's telling her they have to go back.