Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Lost Season 3 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 06:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the most important part of last nights episode was Bai Ling..... so so yummy!
Old 2/22/07, 01:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes... she was pretty **** sweet
Old 2/22/07, 01:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

JMO last nights episode sucked.

FYI-Next weeks episode "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead" is centered around Hurley and will have Cheech Marin as a guest star. Rousseau will also be in the next episode.
Old 2/22/07, 01:51 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I wish more stuff would happen on the island rather than in flashbacks.
Old 2/22/07, 01:57 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
JMO last nights episode sucked.

FYI-Next weeks episode "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead" is centered around Hurley and will have Cheech Marin as a guest star. Rousseau will also be in the next episode.
Im trying tofigure out how Alex is both Rousseaus and Bens Daughter.

I work with a girl who is the niece of the guy who played the Tai Chicks brother, she told me about this episode last week.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I wish more stuff would happen on the island rather than in flashbacks.
The flashbacks are the real story, in that lies the explanation to why they are there, and the heck is really going on on this wierd island
Old 2/22/07, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Upcoming episode spoiler alert

SKIP THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT TWO EPISODES.

Next week
"TRICIA TANAKA IS DEAD"
Hurley’s discovery of an old, wrecked car (Dharma bus) on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with “The Others.â€

Two weeks from now
"Enter 77" (Sayid flashback)
Locke, Sayid and Kate investigate a strange structure "The flame station' and its mysterious inhabitant (Possibly the eye patch man). Meanwhile, Sawyer competes in a ping-pong competition to get back his belongings.
Old 2/22/07, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rrobello

The flashbacks are the real story, in that lies the explanation to why they are there, and the heck is really going on on this wierd island
I get that, and I find them very interesting. I just wish more stuff would happen on the island! It sometimes seems like it takes a couple of episodes to get through one day(exaggerated), and the whole episode is a flashback. Maybe they should make the episodes two hours long instead! Sorry, I'm just always dying to know what happens next on that show!
Old 2/22/07, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I get that, and I find them very interesting. I just wish more stuff would happen on the island! It sometimes seems like it takes a couple of episodes to get through one day(exaggerated), and the whole episode is a flashback. Maybe they should make the episodes two hours long instead! Sorry, I'm just always dying to know what happens next on that show!
I totally know what you mean, it makes me very glad I missed the first two seasons before getting into this show and was able to watch them on DVD to get caught up. I watched them all in like a week....LOL!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
SKIP THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT TWO EPISODES.

Next week
"TRICIA TANAKA IS DEAD"
Hurley’s discovery of an old, wrecked car (Dharma bus) on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with “The Others.â€

Two weeks from now
"Enter 77" (Sayid flashback)
Locke, Sayid and Kate investigate a strange structure "The flame station' and its mysterious inhabitant (Possibly the eye patch man). Meanwhile, Sawyer competes in a ping-pong competition to get back his belongings.

Awesome so many things that I want them to answer, the patch guy is one of them, and Sayid is a very interesting character
Old 2/22/07, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=rrobello;850164]I totally know what you mean, it makes me very glad I missed the first two seasons before getting into this show and was able to watch them on DVD to get caught up. I watched them all in like a week....LOL!

That's what me and my wife did now were so ****ed off that we have to watch one a week.
Old 2/23/07, 01:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Im trying tofigure out how Alex is both Rousseaus and Bens Daughter.
Maybe she isn't really Ben's daughter and she's only been led to believe that by the Others.
Old 2/23/07, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Maybe she isn't really Ben's daughter and she's only been led to believe that by the Others.
That's what I was thinking. I wonder if mother and daughter will ever be reunited?
Old 2/24/07, 01:37 AM

yeah but he really seems to care about her. and Russeau seems pretty nutty. But how bout this wierd twist, shes the daughter of both????? dont know how that would work since Ben said hes been on the island his entire life and Russeau wrecked there was thinking maybe Russeaus been there a lot longer than she thinks, how long had she been transmitting the signal? wasnt it like 30something years, could be they or just she wrecked their when young, or maybe they didnt wreck at all, she just remembers it that way as Ben obviously seems to be part of the Hanso Foundation and its project. Dont know, its late and Im just thinking out loud....lol
Old 2/24/07, 10:00 PM

I think it was 16yrs, though Alex seems older than that! So...
Old 2/25/07, 03:01 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If so is this trip through time for Desmond related to the smoke? is it further proof of a halucination or is this how the smoke/island works its magic, could it have taken him back in time (black smoke=black hole???)
OK, I normally stay out of these discussions because I don't like to mix work with pleasure, but dude, you are WAAAAAAY over-analyzing.

I can tell you from experience that even the writers haven't figured it out that far ahead yet. It's a favorite tactic of writers to keep an audience hooked; Chris Carter did it ten years ago on The X-Files when he would posit two possibilities for a strange occurrence (one explainable, one ostensibly "super"-natural), then not give a definite answer either way at the end.

The tactic worked great for the first few seasons, then audience members got savvy and began to see it for what it was: a cop out because the writer(s) hadn't themselves figured out a successful, high-concept denouement.

Bottom line >> even the Lost writers don't know exactly what is going on here. From what I'm seeing, I'd even venture to say that by the end of the series' run, it still won't be made clear.

I did enjoy the little homage to Jaws in the teaser of last week's episode, though, when Sawyer is paddling the boat. And it was kind of neat seeing Diana (Mommie Dearest) Scarwid guest-starring, too.
Old 3/1/07, 02:28 PM

So, what'd you all think of last night's episode? I liked it! I thought it was pretty funny too! It looks like Russeau will be coming back next week. I bet either her or Alex will get killed off soon cause that's what they do with them all in these sort of situations!
Old 3/1/07, 03:54 PM

I thought although it was fun to watch it was a completely pointless episode, although the end did setup what we will be seeing next, the preview for next week was the most interesting and entertaining part
Old 3/1/07, 04:08 PM

Ya, the preview did look pretty interesting!
Old 3/1/07, 06:22 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Alright, can someone fill me in on what happened after they got the VW next to the hill?
I fell asleep ><
Old 3/1/07, 09:19 PM

Ok, Hurley and Charlie road it down the hill to right in front of the big rocks, and right before they hit them, Hurley jumpstarted(?) the vw and swerved out of the way. They made it seem like this is where Charlie was gonna die but I guess not. Then a bunck of stuff(nothing important) happened on the beach. After that, they showed Kate out in the jungle at night w/ a torch and then she hears something which turns out to be Sayid and John. Then someone starts shooting at them, and it turns out to be Russeu(sp). And Kate tells her she wants her help to rescue Jack, and tells her that there's a 16yo girl named Alex on the other island where she thinks Jack is. And that's where they left off. The preview showed the guy w/ the eye patch, but that's all I can remember. I know I probably left something out. Oh well.

BTW- I thought you had tivo??
Old 3/2/07, 06:30 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Thanks!
And no, I don't have Tivo lol

Quick Reply: Lost Season 3 Discussion