Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Is it just me or...?

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/06, 08:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was the site going up and down. Lost posts with helpful pictures. I still feel this is the best site out there. Sure the new of the Pony is gone. Mustang stuff is all out there,with 5.0 running articles on the new 197. I like it because of all the friendship and helpful info out there. I think us older members should still be here to help out the 07+ owners in the future. I don't have tons of cash. Most of my mods are from OT and side jobs. One nice thing is that most new mod stuff is only about 200 bucks pre mod. or no more than 500 for big ones. Short of a S/C or Turbo, most of the mustang stuff is affordable and do able in your own garage. Like all things, I enjoy seeing post of new owners, struggling with the same stuff we all did. Now there is plenty of help and stuff to look at and dream.

I think the flamers need to be shut down asap. I read of post of someone asking a question, not a really bright one, but to them a question. Maybe they are not as mechanical as some of us, or having a blonde moment. In short, if you think it is a stupid question, just don't reply.

Let's not throw in the towel, new stuff is out there every day. Lets share out experiences with our love affair. The Mustang. over 40 years later, the only show, uninterrupeted, in town.
Old 5/15/06, 08:11 PM
I'm people, and I like.

You're all just a bunch of quitters!

Old 5/15/06, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
No it's not just you ! Like I always said it takes time to bake a Pizza as well time to have a better Web site and if anyone is that short sited well then may they just bow out gracefully and keep it, My Grandmother always said "some things are just better not said" and at times I wish even I remembered that ! This is a Great Place and most likely always will be as its contents are the best ingreadient for that well made Pizza.
Old 5/16/06, 06:52 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by traffic142

I think the flamers need to be shut down asap. I read of post of someone asking a question, not a really bright one, but to them a question. Maybe they are not as mechanical as some of us, or having a blonde moment. In short, if you think it is a stupid question, just don't reply.
You know spirited discussion about topics is one thing... but I have to agree with this statement. One of the things I LOVED about this site wjhen I first joined was the completely open attitude - you were a fellow Stang lover, come on in.

Its gotten to the point now where a fairly new car/Stang person can't come in here anymore and ask what to them is a legitimate question, and what is to others an completely obvious question, and then they get totally bombarded with wisea** and derogatory remarks....

That is really kind of lousy.....
Old 5/16/06, 09:06 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if it weren't for the art forums and the great people that post there, i would ahve been gone a long time ago
Old 5/17/06, 12:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress
I agree with you Donna! I have a much easier time posting my pictures and downloads on the Allfordmustangs.com site. And also the BMC site. I think I'll visit time to time, But for some reason it's just not the same as before. I have meet alot of good people here! even some of the sponsors threads are not showing.
Hey man, I'm still waiting for pictures of your torch red GT with body kits and stripes and all. If you cant post them here give me a link where I can see them ok? Last I remember you were adding elenor body kit with gold lemans stripes.

As for the flamers, I never cared much for that myself. I ask a question, and dont really care if some one flames me, I ignore the lame and look for the answer. I dont think we have any really bad flame wars here, some opininated disscusions are normal I think. you find the right topic and I think most all of us would have a striong opinion, thats normal.
Old 5/17/06, 05:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I like it here because I didn't get banned

But- There is nothing else to talk about until the redesign, which I will have.............But I stick around, because this site is like a favorite Tshirt, all comfy and familiar.
Old 5/17/06, 03:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Burke0011
You know spirited discussion about topics is one thing... but I have to agree with this statement. One of the things I LOVED about this site wjhen I first joined was the completely open attitude - you were a fellow Stang lover, come on in.

Its gotten to the point now where a fairly new car/Stang person can't come in here anymore and ask what to them is a legitimate question, and what is to others an completely obvious question, and then they get totally bombarded with wisea** and derogatory remarks....

That is really kind of lousy.....

Unfortunately, you are right on. This site is the best IMO for having folks who will really try to help you regardless of how of the question.. I have noticed that there is a definite increase in the number of folks who want to make the submitter of a question. etc feel like a dumb a**. because it makes them feel good
Old 5/17/06, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

I just started posting again yesterday. I hadn't posted since the upgrade because I couldn't log on. The email address in my old profile doesn't work anymore and I couldn't recover my password. So I just re-registred.