Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

iPhone 5....er...4S

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/11, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 5....er...4S

So I guess theres gonna be a press conference tommorrow about the new iPhone.

Some say all new 4G iPhone 5, some say revamped iPhone 4S.

Anybody thinking about getting one? My contract is up and if its just the same iPhone 4 with the A5 processor added I will probably get a Droid Bionic.
Old 10/3/11, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My contract is up this December. So I'll have plenty of time for the reviews from users of the new iPhone 5 to be posted up. If it's a good phone, I'll get it. If not, Droid Bionic for me as well.
Old 10/3/11, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
My contract is up this December. So I'll have plenty of time for the reviews from users of the new iPhone 5 to be posted up. If it's a good phone, I'll get it. If not, Droid Bionic for me as well.
Exactly my thoughts. I am not an Apple fanboy, I just want a good up to date phone that will be relevant after my 2 year contract is up.

I think my 3GS did a good job at that, its a little slow (then again I did jailbreak it) but even by todays standards its not a bad phone and it is still probably worth 100 bucks.
Old 10/3/11, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackgt87
Exactly my thoughts. I am not an Apple fanboy, I just want a good up to date phone that will be relevant after my 2 year contract is up.

I think my 3GS did a good job at that, its a little slow (then again I did jailbreak it) but even by todays standards its not a bad phone and it is still probably worth 100 bucks.
I'll be moving on from a Blackberry Bold 9700. It still works great. But now that I'm retired, I don't need a business phone. I want a phone that has just as much playtime as worktime.
Old 10/3/11, 07:42 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I always get the newest iPhone and pass the old ones down to my sons.
Old 10/3/11, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I always get the newest iPhone and pass the old ones down to my sons.
Thats awesome!

Funny my dad wants my old iPhone if I get the new one!! lol
Old 10/3/11, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Chances are it's gonna have a larger screen and better camera. Of course it'll get the new processor.

Ill admit I'm in love with everything apple.

Don't forget about iOS5 is coming out too. So that'll be a nice upgrade for people with the 3GS or 4 if they don't wanna spend the money on the 5.
Old 10/3/11, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Chances are it's gonna have a larger screen and better camera. Of course it'll get the new processor.

Ill admit I'm in love with everything apple.

Don't forget about iOS5 is coming out too. So that'll be a nice upgrade for people with the 3GS or 4 if they don't wanna spend the money on the 5.
Yeah I read about the screen and camera, should be up to par with year old droids lol.

But seriously I feel like my 3GS is hanging on for dear life running iOS4, I dont know how it will handle the new one. I wonder if they will even recommend that it be run on 3GS's especially if that OS is built around that dual core A5.
Old 10/3/11, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah I read about the screen and camera, should be up to par with year old droids lol.

But seriously I feel like my 3GS is hanging on for dear life running iOS4, I dont know how it will handle the new one. I wonder if they will even recommend that it be run on 3GS's especially if that OS is built around that dual core A5.
Well I'm confident that if Apple didn't think it would run correctly that they wouldn't allow it to be used with the 3GS.

I'm not gonna be getting the iPhone 5 but quite frankly I'm more excited about iOS5. The next iPhone will be worth waiting for. This one should be just a revision, not a redesign.
Old 10/3/11, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Well I'm confident that if Apple didn't think it would run correctly that they wouldn't allow it to be used with the 3GS.

I'm not gonna be getting the iPhone 5 but quite frankly I'm more excited about iOS5. The next iPhone will be worth waiting for. This one should be just a revision, not a redesign.
I guess thats what I'm asking, will it be "recommended" for use on the 3GS...

I'm not sure how after many other competitors have been making 4G phones for awhile now, Apple can afford to drop another "revision" phone that does not support 4G.

IMO the iPhone 4 was a waste of time. Other than a front camera and flash (something that Apple was WAY behind on) it wasn't a huge update from the 3GS. Sure iOS 4 was a big update but the actual hardware from Apple is always behind.
Old 10/3/11, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess thats what I'm asking, will it be "recommended" for use on the 3GS...

I'm not sure how after many other competitors have been making 4G phones for awhile now, Apple can afford to drop another "revision" phone that does not support 4G.

IMO the iPhone 4 was a waste of time. Other than a front camera and flash (something that Apple was WAY behind on) it wasn't a huge update from the 3GS. Sure iOS 4 was a big update but the actual hardware from Apple is always behind.
The 4 is huge over the S. When I use my sons 3GS, I can't stand it, it's so slow and blurry it drives me crazy.
Old 10/3/11, 09:36 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna troll and say driod is better
Old 10/3/11, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

I'll be getting it for sure. I held out on the iPhone 4 just because I felt that the iPhone 5 will be better.
Old 10/3/11, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

IMO the iPhone 4 was a waste of time. Other than a front camera and flash (something that Apple was WAY behind on) it wasn't a huge update from the 3GS.
agree 100% which is why I passed on the 4 and held out for the 5.
Old 10/3/11, 10:07 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
As long as they don't make me wait another few months, I will get one. Was just about to upgrade a couple months back and decided to hold out for the 5.
Old 10/3/11, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
As long as they don't make me wait another few months, I will get one. Was just about to upgrade a couple months back and decided to hold out for the 5.
Good choice, it will be out by the end of this month. We will know the exact date by tomorrow
Old 10/3/11, 11:13 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
They have been suggesting there might be 2 new phones announced tomorrow, a cheaper 4S and a 5.

On engadget.com there is a blurb pointing at some screenshots from Cincinnati Bell's website showing place holders for both.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/01/i...ll-questionab/

Looks like the 4S will have the A5 processor and be $99, and the 5 will have a larger 4" screen, 32GB and be $640.

Thats a big change for the top end in pricing, I bought my 4 for $399 with 32Gb memory, and now I will be able to replace it with a faster processor for $100? ****. Or get the new design 5 for more money than an iPad. Wow.

Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.
Old 10/3/11, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
They have been suggesting there might be 2 new phones announced tomorrow, a cheaper 4S and a 5.

On engadget.com there is a blurb pointing at some screenshots from Cincinnati Bell's website showing place holders for both.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/01/i...ll-questionab/

Looks like the 4S will have the A5 processor and be $99, and the 5 will have a larger 4" screen, 32GB and be $640.

Thats a big change for the top end in pricing, I bought my 4 for $399 with 32Gb memory, and now I will be able to replace it with a faster processor for $100? ****. Or get the new design 5 for more money than an iPad. Wow.

Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

It sounds about right but 640?!?! WITH a contract??? no way. better be 199 with a contract or helloooooooo verizon and the droid bionic
Old 10/3/11, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

$640 for a phone is ridiculous and even apple wouldn't do that. That's iPad pricing.

I still think there's only gonna be one phone and apple wont go 4G because of battery life. 4G phones have terrible life. They use way too much power and apple won't release a product with bad battery life. You'll see a slightly larger screen and camera.
Old 10/3/11, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

$640 with a contract is insane. There's no way that will happen or a TON of people will jump the iPhone band wagon. That's prob what it will go retail for.

Quick Reply: iPhone 5....er...4S