Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

iPhone 5....er...4S

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/11, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also think a lot of people are kinda put off by this because the 4 came out over a year ago and admit it or not people like having the latest cool phone. Thats a big reason why people buy iphones anyway, forget all the technical crap they are still supposed to be the "coolest". Its what apple does. Who wants to buy a two year old phone? Do I wanna get locked into a 2 year contract (with an already old phone) for a processor? Especially so that they can drop a redesign next year?
Old 10/5/11, 06:06 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgt87
I also think a lot of people are kinda put off by this because the 4 came out over a year ago and admit it or not people like having the latest cool phone. Thats a big reason why people buy iphones anyway, forget all the technical crap they are still supposed to be the "coolest". Its what apple does. Who wants to buy a two year old phone? Do I wanna get locked into a 2 year contract (with an already old phone) for a processor? Especially so that they can drop a redesign next year?
Anouther reason Droid is better

Phone 200 bucks with no contract and 40 bucks a month unlimited everything.
Old 10/5/11, 06:11 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Look up "Charlie and the Apple Factory" on Youtube
Old 10/5/11, 08:22 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks like I might just get the Bionic in January. I was waiting to see what apple came out with, but its not impressive to me. Still enjoying my droid incredible 2 though, so will just have to wait and see.
Old 10/5/11, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Anouther reason Droid is better

Phone 200 bucks with no contract and 40 bucks a month unlimited everything.
The two year old phone still works better than any droid coming out.

Apple will only release (under most circumstances) a product that they feel is up to par with their image. If they gave it 4G LTE capability it would limit its capability since LTE isn't country wide yet. While at the same time decreasing battery life to a dismal amount.

I can't speak for everyone else but I love/buy apple products because of their simplicity, reliability, and design. I've had multiple macbook pros, an iMac, iPods and the iPhone 4 was my first. Apple is about having the best all around package of any manufacturer.

Compare iOS4/5 to Gingerbread and show me which one crashes less, freezes less, uses more power, and which is faster. iOS 4 will come out on top. Does Gingerbread have more "custom" features, yes. But the very fact that they let you do that hinders their ability to give you a reliable product. Plus they plan it so a new "better, faster" droid will come out every couple months. Who wants their phone to be outdated THAT quickly? At least Apple gives you a product that you can have for two years and can still easily compete with newer products throughout that two year contract.

The only thing I do like about Android is the free apps. $1 apps add up quickly. But I do also hate the **** advertisements.
Old 10/5/11, 09:21 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau

The two year old phone still works better than any droid coming out.

Apple will only release (under most circumstances) a product that they feel is up to par with their image. If they gave it 4G LTE capability it would limit its capability since LTE isn't country wide yet. While at the same time decreasing battery life to a dismal amount.

I can't speak for everyone else but I love/buy apple products because of their simplicity, reliability, and design. I've had multiple macbook pros, an iMac, iPods and the iPhone 4 was my first. Apple is about having the best all around package of any manufacturer.

Compare iOS4/5 to Gingerbread and show me which one crashes less, freezes less, uses more power, and which is faster. iOS 4 will come out on top. Does Gingerbread have more "custom" features, yes. But the very fact that they let you do that hinders their ability to give you a reliable product. Plus they plan it so a new "better, faster" droid will come out every couple months. Who wants their phone to be outdated THAT quickly? At least Apple gives you a product that you can have for two years and can still easily compete with newer products throughout that two year contract.

The only thing I do like about Android is the free apps. $1 apps add up quickly. But I do also hate the **** advertisements.
The only droids that crash are the cheap ones. The EVO performs well above the iPhone. Also has a much larger screen. And with my 10 dollar extended battery it outlasts the iPhone4. You can't compare the cheap lower end droids to the iPhone. You have to compare the top end ones. And my phone is 6 months old( I think?) And its still not out of date. Only thing the new EVO has is 3d capabilities which I'm fine without.
Old 10/5/11, 09:28 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
^This!

I am on my 7th mac computer. I still have 4 of them, 3 in regular use. My iMac G3400 still runs as fast as the day I bought it in 2000. Everything works except the firewire inputs, my son somehow burnt those out.
Old 10/5/11, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The only iPhone I didn't own was the first one. They'll have to pry the iPhone from my dead rigamortis hand.
Old 10/5/11, 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PB8...&feature=feedu

Just sayin`...
Old 10/5/11, 09:55 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by mustangmaniak2010
Lmao that's awesome. Love jack films
Old 10/5/11, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangmaniak2010
I'll give you some of that.

Lets talk about screen size and resolution. Apples retina display may be smaller but has much higher resolution than any of the other phones out there. Are other catching up? Yes, but this display has been around since the iPhone 4 came out.

Did they take the notification system from android, yes. I won't argue that. I love Apple but I won't sit here and say they think of EVERYTHING first. The old notification on iOS 4 was terrible.

I wasn't expecting this phone to be completely different. I don't know why people are disappointed. They changed some small things (as they usually do with their products from year to year) and then redesign the product every few years. The next iPhone will most likely get 4G and a larger screen. But I commend Apple for not releasing a phone with technology that they feel wouldn't be in line with their product philosophy if it couldn't be done correctly.

People are still going to buy it. Many people. I'm waiting for the next one though.
Old 10/5/11, 10:12 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

I'll give you some of that.

Lets talk about screen size and resolution. Apples retina display may be smaller but has much higher resolution than any of the other phones out there. Are other catching up? Yes, but this display has been around since the iPhone 4 came out.

Did they take the notification system from android, yes. I won't argue that. I love Apple but I won't sit here and say they think of EVERYTHING first. The old notification on iOS 4 was terrible.

I wasn't expecting this phone to be completely different. I don't know why people are disappointed. They changed some small things (as they usually do with their products from year to year) and then redesign the product every few years. The next iPhone will most likely get 4G and a larger screen. But I commend Apple for not releasing a phone with technology that they feel wouldn't be in line with their product philosophy if it couldn't be done correctly.

People are still going to buy it. Many people. I'm waiting for the next one though.
What's the point of the extreme resolution when you can't even see the pixels on a standard resolution phone anyways? that's like saying "yeah my tv plays 150 frames a second!" When our eyes are only capable of seeing 50 frames a second.

Last edited by texastboneking; 10/5/11 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10/5/11, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

What's the point of the extreme resolution when you can't even see the pixels on a standard resolution phone anyways? that's like saying "yeah my tv plays 150 frames a second!" When our eyes are only capable of seeing 50 frames a second.
Put a colorful and very detailed picture or a web page with a lot of text on the iPhone and then put a droid next to it. You'll see a major difference. Even more of a difference if you zoom in.
Old 10/5/11, 10:27 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Put a colorful and very detailed picture or a web page with a lot of text on the iPhone and then put a droid next to it. You'll see a major difference. Even more of a difference if you zoom in.
What would zooming in have to do with the resolution. And my phone is 720p. I couldn't see the pixels without a magnifying glass
Old 10/5/11, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

What would zooming in have to do with the resolution. And my phone is 720p. I couldn't see the pixels without a magnifying glass
You can't see the pixels because they're so small, obviously. A higher resolution means more pixels and more pixels means a higher image quality whether you're looking at the screen or zoomed in.

Plus with a higher resolution you can fit more on the screen and play better games.
Old 10/5/11, 04:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

You can't see the pixels because they're so small, obviously. A higher resolution means more pixels and more pixels means a higher image quality whether you're looking at the screen or zoomed in.

Plus with a higher resolution you can fit more on the screen and play better games.
Don't think you understand... If you can't see how small it is... What difference does it make if its even smaller? You can't see it anyways.
Old 10/5/11, 04:04 PM
Banned

Don't think you understand... If you can't see how small it is... What difference does it make if its even smaller? You can't see it anyways.
Come on Trent, you can't argue this. The display on the iPhone 4 is the BEST in the business.
Old 10/5/11, 04:20 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Come on Trent, you can't argue this. The display on the iPhone 4 is the BEST in the business.
How can I not argue this??? Your taking something so small you can't see it. Then you make it smaller.. guess what you still can't see it! So why make it smaller when you can't see it in the first place?!?!
Old 10/5/11, 04:23 PM
Banned

How can I not argue this??? Your taking something so small you can't see it. Then you make it smaller.. guess what you still can't see it! So why make it smaller when you can't see it in the first place?!?!
What can't you see?
Old 10/5/11, 04:25 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

What can't you see?
Pixels!!!! Pay attention if your gonna comment!!!! I don't care if your grandpa says you are always right!

Quick Reply: iPhone 5....er...4S