Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Geek Out

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/13, 08:53 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
This conversation got extremely stupid. Thanks Steven...

There's no point in comparing hardware in anything these days, as even low end hardware can do everything just fine. All phones are getting too big these days...it's retarded. Everyone wanted the smallest flip phone they could get, now they want the biggest phone they can find. It's all a big stupid fad. And most of those participating don't even really know what they have. I'm tired of hearing about morons that think they're super hackers, because they rooted a phone.

I have an Android 2.3.4...something or other. It's a cheap-*** GoPhone, and it does everything I need it to. I'm currently on a cheap-*** Windows 8 netbook...that also does everything I need it to. Everyone these days seems really into wasting money on **** that they don't even know how to use.

Bottom line...The Note is too **** big and might as well be a tablet. Apple still makes the same trash they always have for people that don't know any better. And people are too **** stupid to realize that they're being sold the same **** over and over in a new package.
first rant ive ever seen from you

when we going drinkin?
Old 5/9/13, 10:35 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
first rant ive ever seen from you

when we going drinkin?
And I haven't even been drinking!...Too much. That reminds me though...I'm having a party next weekend at my apartment. You and your wife should come...
Old 5/9/13, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
And I haven't even been drinking!...Too much. That reminds me though...I'm having a party next weekend at my apartment. You and your wife should come...
As for the iPhone, you don't fix, what isn't broken and if you feel that way about apple, why are you a mustang fan?
Old 5/9/13, 10:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Thanks. Hear the service is pretty good on Oahu. Seems like it would be a waste to not be able to use the iPad.
I almost never lost signal while i was back on Oahu. Cruised all over the island and when spme friends or fam lost signal (sprint, verizon, t-mobile) they lost signal. Only my mom, me, and dads part of the family kept goin strong
Old 5/9/13, 11:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steven46746
Didn't the s3 just come out? Can you android guys get it right, get a iPhone, done. I'd like to compare the number of people still using old iPhones to old androids. I had a droid, year in I could make a sandwich between tabs.
I would still have my droid 2 if verizon hadn't called to offer me an upgrade for free. My D2 was a great phone. Of course I upgrades to a D4, so not much of a difference lol.

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

As for the iPhone, you don't fix, what isn't broken and if you feel that way about apple, why are you a mustang fan?
For me, its a mind set. The android, windows, whatever makes more sense to me. Not in a common sense way, just how to use it. I pick up an apple product and have to think about what I'm doing. My D2 was my first android, and I was able to understand it better the first day then I was when I messed around with the iphone.

Same goes for when I'm on my pc vs my girls apple.

Its just makes more sense to some.
Old 5/9/13, 11:47 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by CCTking
I almost never lost signal while i was back on Oahu. Cruised all over the island and when spme friends or fam lost signal (sprint, verizon, t-mobile) they lost signal. Only my mom, me, and dads part of the family kept goin strong
Thanks! Had a AT&T pre-paid when I was there last and was happy with the signal, only lost it once or twice on Hickam.

I have had an iPhone for the last three years, way better than the Blackberry I had in Hawaii. I haven't had issues with either of my phones and had them jailbroke at one point, just don't mess with them enough to care. I am used to my iPhone now and know where everything is, but the same could be said when I switched from PC to Mac at the house.
Old 5/10/13, 12:15 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks! Had a AT&T pre-paid when I was there last and was happy with the signal, only lost it once or twice on Hickam.

I have had an iPhone for the last three years, way better than the Blackberry I had in Hawaii. I haven't had issues with either of my phones and had them jailbroke at one point, just don't mess with them enough to care. I am used to my iPhone now and know where everything is, but the same could be said when I switched from PC to Mac at the house.
I hear ya on the pc to mac switch but thankfully i was raised with tech around me so i learned pretty quick. Just the different layout/format is the main seperation but overall they both do pretty much the same stuff.
Old 5/10/13, 12:17 AM
INKY

I hear ya on the pc to mac switch but thankfully i was raised with tech around me so i learned pretty quick. Just the different layout/format is the main seperation but overall they both do pretty much the same stuff.
Yep, except my Mac is much more stable, lol.
Old 5/10/13, 01:49 AM
FR500 Member

One thing that will keep me from leavin Macs is the very low risk of gettin a virus and once you get the hang of everything its so much more user friendly
Old 5/10/13, 01:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My two PC's running Windows 8 connected to my Android phone and Vizio TV are stable too!
Old 5/10/13, 01:59 AM
INKY

One thing that will keep me from leavin Macs is the very low risk of gettin a virus and once you get the hang of everything its so much more user friendly
Very happy with mine!
Originally Posted by denlem
My two PC's running Windows 8 connected to my Android phone and Vizio TV are stable too!
Still haven't messed with Win 8 too much. I am hardly on my Mac since my internet at the house blows, mostly doing photography stuff when I am, prefer the Mac for that. I tend to do almost everything from my iPhone or iPad, mostly my phone.
Old 5/10/13, 02:30 AM
FR500 Member

Very happy with mine!

Still haven't messed with Win 8 too much. I am hardly on my Mac since my internet at the house blows, mostly doing photography stuff when I am, prefer the Mac for that. I tend to do almost everything from my iPhone or iPad, mostly my phone.
I do alot of music production and editing on my macbook and it always performs flawlessly. Sadly its gettin on in its years for a laptop and its time to upgrade! It doesnt even read the AirPort wireless network card at all so the only internet i get on there is of its direct cable ethernet connection. Idk whats goin on/:
Old 5/10/13, 02:43 AM
INKY

I do alot of music production and editing on my macbook and it always performs flawlessly. Sadly its gettin on in its years for a laptop and its time to upgrade! It doesnt even read the AirPort wireless network card at all so the only internet i get on there is of its direct cable ethernet connection. Idk whats goin on/:
I used to have a MacBook Pro, was happy with it. Have thought about getting another one, but don't see myself using it much. Have the iMac for the house and iPad when I travel.
Old 5/10/13, 02:48 AM
FR500 Member

I used to have a MacBook Pro, was happy with it. Have thought about getting another one, but don't see myself using it much. Have the iMac for the house and iPad when I travel.
Yea i sold my ipad because i picked up the laptop, which was alot better for school. Now though i kinda just wanna get a new ipad and bluetooth keyboard to go with it.
At the same time though the laptop would allow for way more programs and whatnot to work that an ipad couldnt do.

I think ill get a new laptop after i grab the ipad mini. That thing is just fun
Old 5/10/13, 05:37 AM
INKY

Yea i sold my ipad because i picked up the laptop, which was alot better for school. Now though i kinda just wanna get a new ipad and bluetooth keyboard to go with it.
At the same time though the laptop would allow for way more programs and whatnot to work that an ipad couldnt do.

I think ill get a new laptop after i grab the ipad mini. That thing is just fun
I can understand that. I don't really have a need for a laptop, finished with school and I don't do any work stuff when I'm at home.
Old 5/10/13, 06:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I do hate android's with a passion, I do love this asus transformer
Old 5/10/13, 06:49 AM
INKY

Heard some great things about it,but haven't had the chance to mess around with one.
Old 5/10/13, 06:53 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

While I do hate android's with a passion, I do love this asus transformer
Most apple fanboys absolutely despise the capability of android. Its ok man.. I understnd
Old 5/10/13, 06:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking

Most apple fanboys absolutely despise the capability of android. Its ok man.. I understnd
I'm not a fanboy, was just messing with you now tell me how to run windows games on this thing and we can be friends. Rollercoaster tycoon 2 is calling me!
Old 5/10/13, 07:02 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

I'm not a fanboy, was just messing with you now tell me how to run windows games on this thing and we can be friends. Rollercoaster tycoon 2 is calling me!
I bet there is a way lol... Now i gotta google....

Quick Reply: The Geek Out