Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/22, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
garage door opener

Does anyone have knowledge of garage door openers? For about a month now my opener has been malfunctioning. When I push the button to close the door it starts to close, moves a foot or two and then goes back up. Typically when this happens something has broken the sensor beam (that is near the floor) and it opens back up as a safety feature. When the beam has been broken the light on the opener will flash to let you know that the beam was broken. That (the flashing light) does not happen with this current problem (when I try to close it and it won't close). I've checked the chain and it seems to be unimpeded. I've lubed the chain as well (removed hidden link-mod). The opener is a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/3 house opener. Eventually, the door will close. Sometimes it closes on the first try, other times it takes 2 attempts and sometimes it takes 4 attempts to close the door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by svopaul; 4/4/22 at 06:41 AM.
Old 4/2/22, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts

This is a great video, perhaps one of these things he lists is your problem.

Also... Can't be sure but you've been here for a few months, didn't post, then post this. Interesting, but that's usually the method of a link planter, and sure enough, there's a link that's not well written in the post and is basically looking like some sort of plug for a business. I mean:

I've lubed the chain as well garage door opener repair Virginia Beach VA.
(Link removed, underline added for similarity purposes)

You've tried a company what specialized in this sort of thing and *they couldn't fix it?*

Riiight.

But hey, I'm wrong, I'm sure. Absolutely.

Belated welcome to the forums, and hope that helps!

/Don't mind me I'm just paranoid, I'm sure...
Old 4/3/22, 12:44 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Check those sensor beam units. I had one that had been caught in a rollable garbage container than caused a short in the wire. It would work, then it wouldn’t. I thought maybe the sensor had moved, but nope, just a faulty wire connection. Easy fix, but strange.