Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Electric Razors

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/13, 10:44 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Electric Razors

Does anyone use them? More importantly, has anyone bought a new one recently? The one I have is about 8 years old (Norelco Coolskin 7735x, its waterproof and has a built in shaving gel dispenser). However, I can't find blades for it anymore, I've only found a couple of places online that have them and its from sellers I've never heard of. Not to mention they run 30- 45 dollars. Well my blades have just about done all they can do, don't shave me worth a **** anymore, and I don't really want to spend 40 bucks on new blades for an 8 year old razor that might quit next week.

So I'm considering buying a new one. Has anyone bought one lately that they really like? How much was it? Got a link to it? Quick review of it?
Old 8/31/13, 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I still have mine bar rarely use it. Mine is one of the older ones that had a battery that lasted quite a while. I use a Gillette Sensor Excel and it gives me a good and comfortable shave. Good luck with your search. Or alternatively, go back to blades.
Old 8/31/13, 11:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I still have mine bar rarely use it. Mine is one of the older ones that had a battery that lasted quite a while. I use a Gillette Sensor Excel and it gives me a good and comfortable shave. Good luck with your search. Or alternatively, go back to blades.
Regular blades tear my face up horribly these days, especially those 4,5,6,7 blade razors they sell now. I look like I've shaved with a chainsaw and bleed like a stuck hog. Only ones that don't are the old cheap **** Bic 2 blade disposables that come like 20 to a pack, and even they burn the hell out of me.

The battery in the Phillips-Norelco I have now lasts a long time, even as old as it is. But that's what I'm afraid of when spending that much on new blades with as old as it is, that it will quit right after I spend the money on them and could have bought a new razor for not much more money.

Luckily, I only shave about once a week nowadays because I don't really have to look presentable to anyone, and I don't really give a **** now that I'm old and don't have to show up anywhere and look decent, lol.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/31/13 at 11:29 PM.
Old 9/1/13, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I buy Norelcos at Wal-Mart. Their price makes buying replacement blades for an old one foolish.