Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

All guitar guys & gals...

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/07, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am reviving this thread for the Christmas season!!!! Whats on your list?

I am currently buying a Ibanez S470DXQM for 450$ out the door at Guitar Center!!!
Its a beauty and I need a shredderiffic guitar do Dragonforce and whammy bar stuff on........
Actually Herman Li from Dragonforce plays an Ibanez S-Prestige

I want a Carvin V3 or Vai Legacy amp....but amps are so expensive. It looks like my Fender Frontman 15R plus Digitech DF7 will have to do the trick for quite a while longer.

heres a pic of my guitar..... http://www.ooshop.es/images/s470dxqm.gif
nice color eh?

BTW I've been playing two years this Christmas!!! I am pretty happy where I am for 2 years but then I played with this guy at Guitar Center the other day and he was ridiculous!!!! He knew every Metallica song and Van Halen song out there!!!! And he said he had been playing 3 years!!! So now my goal is to be better then him by next year.

He started playing at a different spot then I did. He started with Metallica stuff where I started with more Classic Rock and blues stuff. I think that is a big factor. Now I am learning a bunch of Metallica and Megadeth songs....long live the metal!!!
Old 11/19/07, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Call me a reverse poser - I want Guitar Hero 3! On the long wish list (a couple years' out): A Gibson TV Yellow Les Paul Jr. w P90's and '76 Explorer - both from the 90's reissue era.
Old 11/23/07, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

i have a strat that i love.. been playing it for almost 20 years now and can say i like my older one better than the newer ones. i still think its kind of funny how fender custom shop is making new guitars to look like theyre well used

i also have my first electric - a hurricane by ovation. i messed with the electronics before i knew about electronics i should fix it now that i know more. i was trying to put a tele neck on it at the time.

12 string yamaha acoustic - i think it was amde in 1969. sweet sounding and nice playing still. i guess thats what you get when you have one thats made from wood and not some composite material.

my wife bought me a oscar schmidt/washburn 6 string acoustic for a wedding gift. i like it b/c it is red

just bought a line 6 amp and all i have to say is those learning today have it so much easier than i did. all these effects built in make you sound great without having to drop a ton on effects and gear.

my son will be 8 in february and i am thinking of geting him a guitar of his own. he has a (somewhat) toy acoustic one he plays around with, but i am thinking of a real guitar

if santa is reading this - a taylor acoustic would be very nice under the tree...
Old 12/6/07, 05:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
bump...

Mesa Boogie Road King Dual Rectifier 120w Amp Head for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI

...Just in time for Christmas....leme know if you're intrested.
Old 12/6/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

I got a Martin 15/17 Serious Acoustic. Lovin it
Old 12/6/07, 06:43 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Guitars are like potato chips--no one can have just one. I used to play. I don't play out anymore (too old, too many hours at work). I use a shallow-bowl Ovation and a collector's series Ovation for acoustic work. I have a Washburn BT4 that I use for open tuning stuff (Rolling Stones ala Keith Richards). I use a Epiphone copy of a Gibson Les Paul, Jr. for most pop-rock electric. I play an old, beat up Aria Pro II for jazz sounds. I have a Washburn bass that does well for jazz when I'm in the mood to play bass. And I have an Ibanez 'tater bug (mandolin) just for sh*ts and grins.

If I ever pick-it up, seriously again, I want to play guitar like Ilan Ashkenazi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzHO5aEp7A
Old 12/8/07, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
bump...

Mesa Boogie Road King Dual Rectifier 120w Amp Head for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI

...Just in time for Christmas....leme know if you're intrested.
Dude if I had the money I would be all over that.
I ended up getting the Ibanez S470 for 380$ dollars....70 dollars cheaper than the low price they gave me. I am so happy

I must admit that the pickups are uninspiring, I plan on changing them out for some Dimarzio's.....im thinking and EVO2 in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck....I play mostly metal and blues so I want something that could handle both....