Old 11/29/05, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmm and girls..
Sorry, nice guitars boys, and April.
Old 11/30/05, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

well scratch the woods mandolin off my list of stuff i have.....i took it to a nickel creek concert last night to get it signed (it was my birthday) and i was in the front standing by this little family. this little boy kept looking at the mandolin, he was probably about 7 years old. i handed it to him so he could hold it because i know he was dying to. when he went to give it back i told him to keep it. I said "you learn to play it real good like that guy on the stage" the kid lit up like a christmas tree.....

i am not a rich guy, even though i have a lot of cool guitars and stuff i have just been very lucky...

I already miss that mandolin

i am stupid.

hopefully that kid appreciates it as much as i did. and hopefully he is like i was when i was little and learns to play it.

i just hope it doesn't end up in his toy box, or in the closet ......
Old 11/30/05, 12:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Faber@November 29, 2005, 1:45 PM
right on!!
what are you waiting for man! get one of those beast out and add to the tune!
Well the only thing I haven't learned is digital recording to a computer. Last Christmas I was looking at getting one of those line6 GuitarPort thingies to get started, but kind of forgot about it after awhile. Probably got wrapped up in getting the new Stang this year. I don't play that much anymore. Sad...I guess I could be considered more of a collector than a player
Old 11/30/05, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

if you want to do any computer recording get a hold of a good asio compliant audio interface card (like an m-audio firewire 410, or any good asio compliant card) this computer recording stuff is awesome! you can model pretty much any amp (head, cabinet, speaker type, room type, effects, mic style and type etc) and the sound is killer.

that shuffle thing that i posted was done in cubase sx3 with guitar rig and virtual drummer in about 10 minutes.

very cool stuff!
Old 11/30/05, 08:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Youre pretty cool.You like Yellow mustangs and geetars.

I have to hide the TELE at work- thats going to be a PITA keeping THAT secret.
Old 11/30/05, 10:49 PM
Cobra Member

Classy move Johnny.
Old 12/7/05, 08:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got this for Brian for Christmas...

He has no clue- I hid it at my office

So I get to love on it all day and he doesn't knowwwwww

[attachmentid=40342]

FENDER STANDARD TELECASTER FEATURES
MODEL NAME: Fender Standard Telecaster.
MODEL NUMBER: 013-5102-529.
SERIES: Standard Series.
COLOUR: Blue Agave (Polyester Finish).
BODY: Alder.
NECK: 1-Piece Maple, Modern â€C“ Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish).
MACHINE HEADS: Fender/Ping Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines.
FINGERBOARD Maple, 9.5“ Radius (241 mm).
NO. OF FRETS: 21 Vintage Style Frets.
PICKUPS: 2 Standard Tele Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge).
CONTROLS: Master Volume, Master Tone.
BRIDGE: Standard 6-Saddle String-Thru-Body Bridge.
PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
HARDWARE: Chrome.
STRINGS: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-0250-003.
PICKGUARD: 3-Ply White.
SCALE LENGTH: 25.5“ (648 mm).
WIDTH AT NUT: 1.650“ (42 mm).
Old 12/7/05, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are some pics I just took for ya's

This and my acoustic are my two favorite guitars. I LOVE this guitar. It's an Ibanez SZ520QM.

This is the first guitar I ever got a loooong time ago. It is a Squier Stratocaster, but has 'Made in USA' and a serial number right there on the head. I looked up information on fender serial numbers and it says it was made in 1989

I got this one in May, I beleive. It is a Schecter CSH-1. I like it alot, but never got around to taking it in to get the action lowered and have it setup and stuff. It has an AWESOME clean tone, but I like the ibanez clean more

Little amp i use....nothing too special. I like fender clean tones, too. If i want heavy duty grunge factor, the gnx4 can take care of that easily.

And finally my GNX-4. I pretty much just use this to record now, but I still use it from time to time. It is VERY versatile.

Not pictured is my Ibanez acoustic. I don't know the model number off my head, but holy heck I love this guitar! I like acoustics alot anyways, and this one really suits me good. Right now it is in Qatar waiting for me.

Oh and that little amp behind the guitars....I don't use it now because it is a euro plug and runs on 220V. I had it when I lived in belgium.
Old 12/7/05, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a white Mexican Strat w/ a natural fret board and a P-Bass w/ a rosewood fretboard and a DG-10 on the way

I'll have to go look at my amps again, I don't even remember what they are and post some pics when I get the chance
Old 12/8/05, 12:20 AM
Cobra R Member

whoaa... some of you have a lot of guitars...
I've got two, basically... A Jasmin (the cheaper line by takamine) acoustic that was my first guitar... its got a pickup and a cutaway. Had that girl since 8th grade, so... uh... I guess like 8 years ago?? Then maybe 3 winters ago, i got my first electric, a Mexican Deluxe Strat, the one with the humbucker at the bridge. Its got a mat-black finish, but its starting to get glossy where my arm rubs against it. This summer, i finally got my own amp so i wouldn't have to bum off my dad's... i got a 100W solid state marshall... its pretty sweet, its been serving me well at the couple shows I've played over the past couple months.

All I need are my strat, my amp, and my crybaby and I'm set... I probably play my acoustic more often than my electric, although I play heavier stuff on my acoustic than my electric... I feel like i can really lean into my acoustic whereas i've gotta be more delicate on the strat.

I can't say any more guitars or amps or anything are really on my wish list right now... well, not anywhere near the top anyway. There are many other kinds of instruments that I'm dying for, like a cello or an upright bass, or a baritone sax, which I used to play back in high school. But as far as guitars go, I'd love a 12 string acoustic, a dobro or a straight up slide guitar, although my dad has a beat up old framus where the neck's bent way forward, so i use that guy for slide pretty often. A nice big hollow body electric would be pretty sweet too. As you can tell, I'm really not specific about the gear...

This summer, i also bought a cheap drumset from a friend, so I've been learning on those quite a bit lately. Drums are fun!

Nickle Creek is incredible. That's really sweet about giving up your mandolin, Johnny.

April, i see where you're coming from. John Mayer's music is sooooo sappy and boring and obnoxious. But honestly, I've seen him play a couple SRV covers, and it blew me away... He's a solid guitarist. He also played with John Scofield on that Ray Charles tribute album he just put out, they do "I Don't Need No Doctor" together. If Scofield invites him onto his record, you know there's gotta be something to him.

Sweet thread by the way, nice to see there are a good many music mustang fans on here.
Old 12/8/05, 04:56 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ok...
Question for you Fender freaks.

I love a Fender and 4 of the five good ones we have are Fenders. (Did I tell y'all we got a flippin sweet Dg 16-12 electric acoustic a few weeks ago?)

The Eric Clapton Strat is made in Corona California....
The Tele is made in Mexico.

What is the difference in a mexican and Californian Strat?
Old 12/8/05, 07:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well.... one was made in mexico...one in california
Are you talking same model ?

mustang_sallad:
I love my Jasmine... (blue woodgrain)
Great sounding guitar, even plugged in, its got a decent sound.
Old 12/8/05, 08:59 AM
Cobra R Member

I dunno... i think with mexican strats, i've heard you're more likely to get a lemon. I dunno if that's true or not, but I think mine is kinda messed up. The neck wasn't set deep enough into the body, so its kinda high relative to the bridge. So its got pretty low action. Could try to adjust the truss rod, but it'd need a lot of adjustment and it would probably mess up the intonation. My guitar shop actually put in a little riser under the bridge and that helped quite a bit. Honestly I couldn't care less, it sounds fine.

I remember when i was shopping for my strat, i asked the salesman why american strats were more expensive. The first answer he gave me was "they've got a higher resale value"... great... So it costs more cause its worth more... thanks!
Old 12/8/05, 05:25 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I postively ADORE the EC Strat.... Its a freaking beautiful guitar, and the sound is incredible.
Old 12/9/05, 05:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Boomer@December 8, 2005, 8:44 AM
Well.... one was made in mexico...one in california
Are you talking same model ?

mustang_sallad:
I love my Jasmine... (blue woodgrain)
Great sounding guitar, even plugged in, its got a decent sound.
Ok, I thought the custom shop was in Corona Ca. My blackie was made there.

When you go screw with the guitars the Strats seem to sound better from Cali.

Same doesn't go for the Teles- I picked the american Standard because it sounded freaking great- it blew the Nashville Tele I had wanted before away.
Old 12/10/05, 07:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Last night Brian says- Lets go to the guitar center..I want a Telecaster
I say Okay KNOWING the Agaves are backordered till March and they have none.
So he gets there to where the guitar WAS for months- ITS NOT HERE- well because they sold it and thats why I couldn't buy it for you..He bought it..

So He is playing with guitars while I drool over the Les Pauls they just got in but at $2,399 a little pricey.

He is playing around....AND brings home THIS:

BRONZE WARLOCK

[attachmentid=40462]

In other news, the CEO of the company was in a band and is an avid guitar player..
UPS delivered a VINTAGE 1974 Martin Acoustic complete with case in mint condition to him yesterday.
He named off his guitars I nearly curled up in the fetal position and cried.
Old 12/10/05, 07:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The BC Rich lives in this:

http://www.coffincase.com/products/

Funny story. We were in Ellie, and had the kids.
HAVE you ever tried to drag one of these home with two kids and two adults? ITS NOT EASY!
Old 12/10/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just sold a 1990 Fender Stratocaster (USA) and a vintage Traynor all-tube head and cabinet (6x10).
Old 12/10/05, 02:01 PM
FR500 Member

how much did the warlock run u April?

Quick Reply: All guitar guys & gals...