Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to replace the Vanquish

The V8 vantage is finally here
The DB9 is fantastic and getting better with the DBS
The Rapide's inbound, to tweak the noses of Bentley and Porsche
Sales are up, quality is up, brand image is up
Sitting at the top of the model range is Aston Martin's weakest offering

The Vanquish is too heavy, the V12 no longer holds an advantage over the DB series, the Styling is good but not fresh, the interior is far inferior to the newer cars' jewel-like work, and as Clarkson put it, "the flappy-paddle gearbox" stinks.

Ferrari continues to crank out awe-inspiring supercars, Bentley's super-cushy cars are eating into the market, and even Mercedes' SLR seems to eclispse the Vanquish in the public's eye. AM's are not as harsh as the Italians or Germans, nor as fluffy as the psuedo-brits, but they are meant to compete with them nonetheless. The Vantage and DB have shown without doubt that proper, pucker Aston-Martins can compete with zee germans and the world, but the Vanquish is fast fading from "legend" to "classic."

I know they've been hard at work on the Vantage and the Rapide, but I still thinks it's time for AM to swing for the fences. I think the range is solid enough that it can coast with minor updates while "Vanquish II" is created. The Vanquish will be a decade old before we know it, long since it will have disappeared from car mags and car shows. AM needs a new flagship car, a new titan to showcase to the world just how well they're doing.

Who's with me?
Old 7/31/06, 02:55 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree..they need to update the vanquish.
hence the reason I did my vanquish chop over a year ago
Not sayiong mine is anybetter but it's in the "spirit" of what you are saying
I acutally think I can do better now.

Old 7/31/06, 03:12 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Mr. Moosestang... I am with you all the way.
I was under the impression that they would remake the Vanquish after the DB9 and Vantage were released. But now that I think about it, I dont remember reading or hearing about a new Vanquish in the works. It just seemed like something that was supposed to happen.
The Vanquish needs to be remade for the exact reasons you stated

Doug: always loved your Vanquish... can't wait to see your new one, if you make another
Old 7/31/06, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with you dude! From what I thought I understood, the DBS, the new James Bond car, is suppose to be the new top level Aston Martin, where the Vanquish is currently. I hear that the Vanquish will be fased out in the next year or two. Can anyone confirm this? I do love the DBS. Really hot looking!!!
Old 7/31/06, 08:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I see the DBS as the fulfillment of the DB9 line, but there's plenty of space between that and what the Vanquish II could be. The DBS is the GT-500 of Aston, Vanquish II should the the Ford GT of Aston.