General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Stealership Bilks Disabled Man For $100K

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 12:28 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stealership Bilks Disabled Man For $100K

I thought I'd seen everything, but these scumbags have truly hit a new all time low.

Eleven dealership employees at the Huling Brothers dealership in West Seattle took part in an elaborate scam to take advantage of a 60-year old man with obvious mental deficiencies. When the man, soaked in his own urine, entered the dealership and told the car salesman that he had over $100K in cash in his home, the wheels of the scam machine went into full-gear and he left the dealership with an expensive truck. Needless to say, the man winds up with no money and no truck at the end of the story.

The dealership in question sold the man a truck for the maximum price along with a ridiculously priced warranty as well as anything else they could add-on to the transaction, later bragging to other associates at the dealerhship about the deal. The man's truck was towed the following day, and when he called the dealership thinking it had been stolen, the salesman picked him up to take him to get his truck. While they were gone, the dealerships sales manager and five different dealership employees went to the man's apartment to steal the remaining $70K+. The sales manager and one other employee were the first two there and stole the cash, which they split and paid off personal credit cards, etc.

Oh, but they weren't finished yet. When the man's truck was towed again, he called Seattle Police and reported the missing truck as well as the disappearance of the $70K in cash. Realizing the man had mental problems, the police took him to a mental health facility in Seattle. He then called the dealership to be sure that the towing company wouldn't auction off his truck before he could pick it up. Another dealership employee then convinced the man to sell the truck to him for $1,200, and then involved several other dealership employees to help him legitimize the paperwork. That employee drove the truck as his own until the police unwound the scam.
Old 1/24/07, 01:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

That makes me f'ing sick. I will go out of my way to help a genuinely disabled person. (not the "I used drugs for 10 years and fried my brain, now I can't work and deserve a monthly taxpayer funded paycheck because I'm lazy and stupid" kind of disabled)

In fact, (I'm a police officer) about 3 months ago I dealt with a lady who was deaf and had a bad wreck in my town in Missouri. She was from California, and was on her way home from the east coast. No friends or family in the area. I spent about 2.5 hours total helping her, when I would have spent about 30 minutes on a non disabled person. I talked to interpretors on the TTY line to let her brother (also deaf) know she was fine and what was happening with her car. I took her to a local hotel and negotiated a very good discount rate ($40 instead of $69)for her with the clerk, and made sure she was NOT being taken advantage of.
I negotiated with the tow operator who towed her car to pick her up the next morning and take her to St. Louis (1 hour drive each way). He helped her get a ticket and get on the right flight back to Cali. He also made sure the local dealer the car went to didn't screw her over on the repairs.

I went through about 20 pages on my notepad writing notes back and forth since she couldn't hear and only read lips a little.

Makes me sick when people take advantage of people that cannot help themselves.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (12/23/22)
Old 1/24/07, 01:17 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by theedge67
That makes me f'ing sick. I will go out of my way to help a genuinely disabled person. (not the "I used drugs for 10 years and fried my brain, now I can't work and deserve a monthly taxpayer funded paycheck because I'm lazy and stupid" kind of disabled)

In fact, (I'm a police officer) about 3 months ago I dealt with a lady who was deaf and had a bad wreck in my town in Missouri. She was from California, and was on her way home from the east coast. No friends or family in the area. I spent about 2.5 hours total helping her, when I would have spent about 30 minutes on a non disabled person. I talked to interpretors on the TTY line to let her brother (also deaf) know she was fine and what was happening with her car. I took her to a local hotel and negotiated a very good discount rate ($40 instead of $69)for her with the clerk, and made sure she was NOT being taken advantage of.
I negotiated with the tow operator who towed her car to pick her up the next morning and take her to St. Louis (1 hour drive each way). He helped her get a ticket and get on the right flight back to Cali. He also made sure the local dealer the car went to didn't screw her over on the repairs.

I went through about 20 pages on my notepad writing notes back and forth since she couldn't hear and only read lips a little.

Makes me sick when people take advantage of people that cannot help themselves.
The world needs more police officers like yourself. God bless...
05stangkc (12/23/22)
Old 1/24/07, 01:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks bro, I try. I will go out of my way to help people. Whether that means they need help getting out of a stolen car, and help getting onto the ground, or they need help getting diapers in a snow/ice storm when they are stranded 1000 miles from home with no car....I'm there for them. Help going to jail, or help in their most desperate hour, I'll help them!
Old 1/24/07, 02:56 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by theedge67
Thanks bro, I try. I will go out of my way to help people. Whether that means they need help getting out of a stolen car, and help getting onto the ground, or they need help getting diapers in a snow/ice storm when they are stranded 1000 miles from home with no car....I'm there for them. Help going to jail, or help in their most desperate hour, I'll help them!
Sadly, you can't help save people from themselves.

Old 1/24/07, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard, I work at a hospital with the elderly many of them with mental problems and I would never allow anyone to take advantage of them. These people need to do serous time, I would smash the **** out of their entire invententory if they were in my area What brand of dealership did this happen at?
Old 1/24/07, 07:13 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
This is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard, I work at a hospital with the elderly many of them with mental problems and I would never allow anyone to take advantage of them. These people need to do serous time, I would smash the **** out of their entire invententory if they were in my area What brand of dealership did this happen at?
From the picture, it looks to be one of GM's divisions.

And I agree, there is nothing lower than someone who takes advantage of the weak, the infirm, the disabled...or animals.

Old 1/25/07, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That **** drives me nuts. Maybe someone should go big time public with it and take that dealer down.
Old 1/26/07, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
From the picture, it looks to be one of GM's divisions.
Yeah the pic would not load from my PC at work, but I see it now.
Old 1/26/07, 09:25 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't believe that there were 11 employees that went along with this...did they hire everyone straight outta prison.
Old 1/27/07, 05:04 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
How boput it Steve..you are trying a great officer..above and beyond for you my friend as for these dealership dudes I really hope they get the axe thrown at them
Old 1/27/07, 05:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

That is horrible! It just makes me sick and sad

Steve! Thanks... I didnt feel so sad after reading your post
we need more people like you
Old 1/27/07, 11:10 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Those bastards !!!
Old 1/28/07, 11:42 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
****ing A!!!!!

Anything to make a ****ing buck. That ****es me off

Steve, keep doin what you do. You're a good man
Old 2/7/07, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

wow man, it looks like too much to be true!!
It can't be real!!!
I think there are sick bastards in the world like those employees, but it sounds real weird the whole story..
how does a man with mental deficiencies just appears in a dealership all pied on hisself, then how does the conversation goes all the way until the people from the dealership find out the disabled man had 100,000 dollars in his home in cash!?
and then the police took the man to a mental institute instead of helping him?
and from there the poor guy had to call the dealership? how did he knew the dealer ship towed his truck everytime?
it is tragycomic what happened.
I guess it is true, but it is really weird!
if all that is true, those sons of beaches have to pay for what they did...
Now I guess, another smart *** lawyer will make a **** loand of money sueing the dealership with this guy...

there is a cool story my granfather told me once about a mentally disabled person in a little town, it goes like this:
grandpa was in a bar usually having a drink, or coffee, and there was in the town a mentally disabled guy, that everyone in the town knew and kind of made fun of.
the guy made his living by doing little jobs here and there, but the event of the night in the bar was when that guy showed up.
every single night, the "smart guys" at the bar would play ajoke on him, they would put a 1 peso coin and a 25 cent coin and had the guy choose one, since the 25 cent coin was bigger than the peso coin, the poor guy always chosed the 25 cent one, so everybody laugh at him every single night for the longest time.
So one day, my grandfather could not stand the people making fun of the guy anymore, and he went to talk to him, he told him: "don't you see that the 1 peso coin is worth more money?" when they make you choose one, you always choose the 25 cent one which has less value.
so the mentally disabled guy tells him very low:"man, the day I take the 1 peso coin, the show is over and I will never make 25 extra cents a day ever"...
So my grandfather finally figured out who really were the mentally disabled people in that bar...
Anyway I had to translate the story from spanish so I hope you understand it.
What I mean, is that now, the guy that was mentally disabled will be making a **** load of money with a big sue if he gets a smart lawyer, and all the stupid dealership employees will face jail time...
how much fun that is right?

the world is a crazy place to live!!
05stangkc (12/23/22)
Old 2/7/07, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

i agree with the new owners, this is sick, absolutely disgusting

The Huling Brothers dealership was sold to the Gee Automotive Group earlier this month. Its new president, Cline Davis, said the group made the purchase without any knowledge of the theft and fraud that took place last July.

Davis said Friday that the store will have an entirely new sales staff, and said the group was unaware of the pending legal action against the former employees.

"It's sad what happened. It's atrocious what happened," he said. "And those guys I hope they rot in jail. But that has nothing to do with the employees that are here."

As for the Huling name, the new owners say the name will be stripped off the signs, off the cars and off the company uniforms as soon as possible.