General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Siruis Radio Fault

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/09, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Siruis Radio Fault

My wife has a 2009 Focus with Sync and all that jazz...her sirius radio has been giving her fault messages for the past month. She called Sirius and they told her the dealer had to do a master reset.
She called the dealer and the guy basically told her she didnt know how to use the sat radio and they have no idea what she is talking about...Does anyone here know how to perform the master reset?
Old 12/23/09, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can try to pull fuses 38 and 39 in the smart junction box-AKA interior fuse panel. Leave them out for 2-5 minutes to "reboot" the Audio control module. I seriously doubt whether that will help. It sounds like an internal fault to the satellite radio receiver which is integral to the radio chassis. If the "reboot" doesn't work get it to a dealer who knows what they are talking about.
Old 12/23/09, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

We have lost ours too! Sirius customer service then connected us to some folks in the Philippines? And they were impossible to talk to and did not fix anything. Than they just cut us off in the middle of the phone call. No mention of a possible dealer fix on this. Than we tried to terminate our account to try to get a refund of the balance of the unused months. And we then got a message "Was Not Received" e-mail? Every since the "Big Time" merger, the new "One Company" customer sevice has gone waydown hill! Its Terrible! And now everything is all farmed-out/aka out-sourced to another country. We are finally throwing in the towel and are now done with this very sad radio disappointment!! Cutting your service quality, loses your once very faithful radio customers Sirius!! CalStang

Last edited by CalStang'07; 12/24/09 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12/23/09, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I will try the fuse method tomorrow and will also call the owner of my local ford dealer and ask him why his tech doesnt know what we are talking about. This isnt the first time their techs didnt know anything and I ended up figuring out the problem myself.
Sirius did offer my wife her money back. This makes me not want to update the subscription on my fusion when that runs out.
Old 12/23/09, 07:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by ramairgt1
the guy basically told her she didnt know how to use the sat radio and they have no idea what she is talking about...
Take it to the dealership and ask them to show her how to use it.

I'm sure your wife knows how to use a radio, but if dealership wants to be a pain in the butt - they just created more work for themself.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 12/23/09 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12/24/09, 06:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Red Star
Take it to the dealership and ask them to show her how to use it.

I'm sure your wife knows how to use a radio, but if dealership wants to be a pain in the butt - they just created more work for themself.

It would be a waste of our time....