General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Need advice on 2nd Toy...

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/15, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
How about a BMW Z4 roadster? I think they're gorgeous.
Old 9/24/15, 06:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Here you go......13k miles....they also have a silver one with 15k miles....they also have a lot of 96 Corvettes with very low miles in the $17k range....

http://www.diamondmotorworks.com/det...-14148167.html
This is a good find. I believe I have seen this particular one on the web during my search. I know it's a stretch, but hopefully I can find one for around 20k, then plan on 10k in mods But alas, all depends on timing and finances when ready.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
How about a BMW Z4 roadster? I think they're gorgeous.
Wife and I love those too Kyle... but getting used is so dangerous, especially with a German car. The maintenance and possible repairs will be outrageous. To remedy that, I'd have to buy certified or new, and that would significantly up the $$$ to purchase
Old 9/24/15, 06:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
BMW is like a Chrysler = lease new only, never buy used, never buy and keep beyond warranty, unless millionaire to be able to afford the repairs & maintenance
Old 9/24/15, 07:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
BMW is like a Chrysler = lease new only, never buy used, never buy and keep beyond warranty, unless millionaire to be able to afford the repairs & maintenance
Amen to that Gabe. Yep, Audi or BMW or Merc... just lease, or buy then sell after 3 years, or buy extended warranty then keep up to that point. Either way, the benefit to cost ratio is never in it's favor. Imagine, for 50k, I could buy a medium loaded BMW, or buy a Shelby GT350. ummmm no question, give me the Shelby. Bang for buck.

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/24/15 at 07:06 PM.
Old 9/24/15, 05:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm thinking you need to go drive a manual-transmission Jeep Wrangler.

You can get a good example for less than $10k, or go even older/higher-mileage and have a Chevy 350 thrown in, or for more $$ you could have a modern 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi thrown in there, with the modern 5-speed auto.

And you'd be looking FORWARD to the snow
Old 9/24/15, 07:08 PM
I Have No Life

Need advice on 2nd Toy...

I'm thinking you need to go drive a manual-transmission Jeep Wrangler.

You can get a good example for less than $10k, or go even older/higher-mileage and have a Chevy 350 thrown in, or for more $$ you could have a modern 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi thrown in there, with the modern 5-speed auto.

And you'd be looking FORWARD to the snow
Lol...that would be a hoot. But that might be too much work. I'm more for buying a modded something that someone knowledgeable already took the time to build and mod with care, then buy it. Kinda like imagine the lucky person who gets to buy Marilyn from me
Old 9/24/15, 07:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol...that would be a hoot. But that might be too much work. I'm more for buying a modded something that someone knowledgeable already took the time to build and mod with care, then buy it. Kinda like imagine the lucky person who gets to buy Marilyn from me
http://www.rubitrux.com/hemi-conversion-kits.html

$5550 for the Hemi conversion kit, $4k for a used 5.7 that's 340hp/390 ft-lbs of tq from an '05-08 Charger (more from a newer one), plus $2-3k for a trans, plus a $5-10k Wrangler ... have somebody do the work for you, or do it yourself ... you've already installed a supercharger, how much harder would putting an engine in a Wrangler be?
Old 9/30/15, 04:33 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Any leads or anything of interest Burton?
I meant to ask you. Do you have a garage big enough for all the toys or will one have to sacrifice and be outside?
The reason I ask is, I thought long and hard of keeping my green machine and possibly getting another toy too, but one of them would have to sit outside all year round, which would drive me crazy,...especially during the winter months. A storage cell is about 100 bucks a month and then the insurance for the property, (car), inside may be more. Plus, I wouldn't feel safe/secure knowing that one of my babies wasn't safe at home. lol Leaving it outside, you have to worry about vermits and stuff eating wires and making nests, but I guess you can use vermit deterrent for that.
I meant to ask you this a while ago when you first started this thread.
Good luck!
Old 10/2/15, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I meant to ask you. Do you have a garage big enough for all the toys or will one have to sacrifice and be outside?
The reason I ask is, I thought long and hard of keeping my green machine and possibly getting another toy too, but one of them would have to sit outside all year round, which would drive me crazy,...especially during the winter months. A storage cell is about 100 bucks a month and then the insurance for the property, (car), inside may be more. Plus, I wouldn't feel safe/secure knowing that one of my babies wasn't safe at home. lol Leaving it outside, you have to worry about vermits and stuff eating wires and making nests, but I guess you can use vermit deterrent for that.
Good luck!
Add on to your garage!!!!
Old 10/2/15, 05:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Add on to your garage!!!!
Got the cash?!?!?
lol
Old 10/2/15, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition Orange '04 Cobra /thread
+1
CO is so nice on the termi
Old 10/3/15, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

Don't they have those bubble things you can zip your car into??? That may work!!
Old 10/3/15, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

Here you go, they have them for indoor and outdoor...not cheap but much cheaper than adding on:

http://www.calcarcover.com/product/9...nal_Car_Bubble
Old 10/3/15, 08:22 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Don't they have those bubble things you can zip your car into??? That may work!!
Here you go, they have them for indoor and outdoor...not cheap but much cheaper than adding on:

Yeah,....I hear you on that. I already looked into going that route. They're big money for a good sized "shed", because I would want a really nice one. Doesn't have to have many windows and such, just enough for light to shine through if I wanted to detail with the doors closed.
Including installation and for the "shed" as they call it, it's about 15/20k. Maybe more.
Still cheaper than adding onto the house and less house mess.
Old 10/5/15, 10:32 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Good luck!
Hi Tony! Sorry I missed this question/post.

Update-wise, I'm still "hunting". I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger just yet. Part of me just wants to skip the whole thing and just go b*lls out on Marilyn, and upgrade everything. Imagine if I put 15k into her? She'll be a beast at 800whp.... but eh. We'll see.

As for the room in the garage, I currently have a 3 staller. Next house will have a 4 staller I hope. Besides, any new/2nd toy will be garaged. The daily driver/s will be sitting outside, if need be

I like! Could I use that at work? Can you imagine? lol
Old 10/5/15, 02:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Hi Tony! Sorry I missed this question/post.

Update-wise, I'm still "hunting". I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger just yet. Part of me just wants to skip the whole thing and just go b*lls out on Marilyn, and upgrade everything. Imagine if I put 15k into her? She'll be a beast at 800whp.... but eh. We'll see.

As for the room in the garage, I currently have a 3 staller. Next house will have a 4 staller I hope. Besides, any new/2nd toy will be garaged. The daily driver/s will be sitting outside, if need be
My daily driver sits outside and it bugs me a little. It's 10 years old, but still looks killer and people cannot believe it is 10 years old.
Yeah,.....I say dump the money into your current beauty and have a beast and a half. One less insurance/maintenance bill to worry about.
Good luck bro!