Old 3/16/12, 10:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Menacing, I like
Old 3/17/12, 10:58 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad you all like it! Getting this car started was a huge milestone, considering the motor has been built since 2009. We've been through a lot since we started this project and now the future just keeps looking better and better! We'll be doing some tuning for Q16 only here in the next few weeks, and breaking in the motor, getting alignment done, getting our logo plastered on and ironing out more kinks(if there are any) in the meantime.
Old 3/22/12, 11:25 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Let the tuning begin!

Here's a few seconds of idle...

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...305_170402.mp4
Old 3/22/12, 07:03 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
noice!

race gas smells like crap, but so good once it's burned!
Old 3/22/12, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
noice!

race gas smells like crap, but so good once it's burned!
What arc you eating? lol
Old 3/22/12, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Did I forget to mention it runs?
Why yes, yes you did!

Congratulations! The car looks terrific! Is that a custom hood?

And yes, I did notice the purple tow loops! I hope they pass tech. inspection!
Old 3/22/12, 11:56 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Race gas does smell awful. It gives me an instant headache every time.

The hood is actually made by Seibon, but you don't see it often.

Only the front tow hook is purple. I'm contemplating having the front hook powdercoated, however I'm waiting for it to arrive from Japan first...
Old 3/22/12, 11:58 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Race gas does smell awful. It gives me an instant headache every time.
No way man. Love that smell. Wish my wife would wear it instead of perfume.
Old 3/27/12, 07:07 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet
Old 4/5/12, 09:05 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

The race car now has its TSI badges on, is filled with Q16 and loaded on the trailer. We'll be arriving in Phoenix later today/early tomorrow and Friday morning have an appointment with UMS Tuning to get this beast going! So if anyone is in the Phoenix area and wants to have a look, we'll be at the Pavilion Saturday evening.
Old 4/11/12, 09:42 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Eeeeek!

Old 4/11/12, 12:50 PM

Hey, I spy a red 911?
Old 4/12/12, 08:47 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

If you were there you would have seen several. We were at UMS Tuning in Phoenix, which is with TurboKraft. We were surrounded by Porsches.

http://www.turbokraft.com/gallery/main.php

And just to let you all know, we dyno'd 606 at 22PSI.
Old 4/12/12, 02:26 PM

Nice, good company to keep.
Old 3/25/13, 10:28 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

So its been a few months - almost a year as I look at the last post date. Here's what's happened since then...

We tried like hell to get this car published by a national magazine. They didn't want it. One of the reasons given to us was the lack of high dollar wheels. Another simply didn't like the stickers. We did make the rounds on he internet and Facebook though. Took the car to our home track for a private test day. Ended up running a 1:18 going about 60% which is a respectable time, but there was plenty left to go, especially since the car does best mid/top end and 60% just isn't enough to really see its true nature.

We did change a few things with the cooling system. RB's are notoriously difficult to cool. Otherwise the car did wonderfully.

...and then we sold it.

Yup. But in our work to sell it to someone who would take care of the car and use it instead of just crash it we ended up selling it to our employee who is going to convert it to a drift car, enter ProAm and hopefully in a couple years get his Formula D license. We look forward to seeing this car perform because we know it will. Its just sad that its no longer ours - then again on the bright side I'm happy not to be buying barrels of $16.50 race gas anymore.

I'll throw in some pics when I get a chance.
Old 4/6/13, 01:14 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Here's the finished product...

Massive front mount intercooler. Power steering cooler in the left bumper opening, oil cooler in the right. Turn signals for limited street use which can be removed to insert brake cooling ducts.

275/40/17 Nitto NT01 tires. We used 20mm fenders but they weren't wide enough so we took a heat gun to them to pull them as much as we could without breaking the paint. Tires were still rubbing so we cut the fenders and spaced them out. No rub issues. You can also see the tow hook peaking out of the top. Because of all the cooling systems in the front we didn't have anywhere to use a tow hook so we picked up a Nagisa hard-as-hell-to-find tow hook which attached to the tower. Required cutting of the hood.

Kognition Racing chassis mount wing. At 120mph produces over 1,000 lbs of downforce. I believe I posted a picture of me standing on the wing at some point. We also used a custom made carbon fiber rear diffuser from Shine Auto.

James, our driver, taking it out at our home track for testing. This is where we ran into the cooling problem, however even with test mode going at about 60% of the car's ability, he still ran a 1:18. The track record is a 1:14:xx in an Evolution 9 with about 500hp. We still didn't have the front splitter made for the car so the aero was not complete, however this test was more for motor function and suspension testing.

The interior was basic need only. We overdid the cage a little with the door bars but we wanted this car to keep the driver as safe as possible, so we had to delete the windows. The center cluster was removed in favor of a gauge panel. 2 AEM wideband gauges, 1 AEM serial data gauge, and STRI water temp, oil pressure and oil temp gauges along with the fire suppression system(not in this picture). The driver cluster remained in place only for favor of the fuel gauge. Otherwise we threw in a digital cluster. The in-car lap timer system was also installed to the left of the digital cluster.

Jonathan, the love of my life and fiance was the brain behind this monster creation. He always wanted to do something to this scale and I am incredibly happy he let me ride the train with him. This was our first major project which started with a 1971 Datsun 240z and a stock rb26dett and ended with a 1997 240sx and a fully built 1,000hp capable(we left it at 606hp) upgraded twin turbo monster. We've poured so much of ourselves in this car and its really sad to let it go, but we accomplished everything we wanted to and along the way proved many people wrong. I'm happy its staying in the family but its also a little bittersweet watching someone else take what was yours once and change it to their needs and likings.

However, as things change and we move on its time for us to step up our game. We're older, smarter and more in touch with where we want to be and see ourselves going in the future. So considering all these aspects, there's really only one way to go...

Old 4/28/13, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, just saw the updates here... Sorry to see the 240 go after so much work, like you said, but it's good you can still "visit" it when you want!

What can I say about the new project but...

GOJIRA!!
Old 4/28/13, 11:33 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
An epic tale of a phenomenal build The car came out fantastic. can't wait to see what you guys do next
Old 5/6/13, 06:45 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Arin the new project is something we've been consistently working on since 2009. I think I might keep this thread going with the new project since it still is "My other car".

But for now, what I will say is 800 horsepower never felt so good.
Old 5/6/13, 06:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: My "other" car.