General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

My "other" car.

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/09, 07:30 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
this project is incredible! I'm more of a muscle car guy myself, but this looks awesome! I've always loved the way the old Z's looked
Old 10/22/09, 07:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats awesome. I have a 83 280 ZX waiting for an LS1 or Built 302. I like the Skyline motor though!
Old 10/25/09, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say, although I prefer a V-8 anyday, I got pretty giddy looking at the pics. Motor looks awesome and I'm sure it'll run just as well. Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll be great fun!
Old 1/20/10, 11:59 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump
Old 1/20/10, 10:52 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Bump

Well, i'll go ahead and update since I got a bump!

The car is officially sitting in my garage, while the Mustang sleeps outside. I couldn't convince my mother that the Mustang was better and should be inside as well.

Anyway, things at the place we were at had issues with the owner not being completely honest and whatnot, so we packed up and took our things. Out of this very bad problem, something very good is coming from the ashes. Jon and I had been discussing opening our own shop for years now. We've had pretty much everything sorted out except for a name and everything seemed to have just fallen into place. So hopefully by the end of February, we'll be opening our doors. There are things which still need to be done such as the wiring, the fuel system and we have to fab up some pieces and have one last piece of intercooler piping made. Since this is going to be our shop car, it would be nice to have it running sometime in the summer but with how busy we're hoping to be since we've been getting a lot of buzz locally, I honestly don't see it happening.

I may take some pics of it sitting pretty to post for you guys later just so this thread doesn't collect TOO much dust!
Old 1/21/10, 10:00 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Great news! What kind of services will your shop be offering? Congratulations
Old 1/21/10, 10:01 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Great news! What kind of services will your shop be offering? Congratulations
Automotive performance.
Old 1/21/10, 10:04 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Automotive performance.
Haha let me be more specific, is this a body of the chassis kind of build/shop? I think a good example of something to look at is a good customer of ours named AR Fabrication, being your into imports you might be familiar with the name? An AWD dyno and a dyno day can do wonders for business!
Old 1/21/10, 09:26 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Haha let me be more specific, is this a body of the chassis kind of build/shop? I think a good example of something to look at is a good customer of ours named AR Fabrication, being your into imports you might be familiar with the name? An AWD dyno and a dyno day can do wonders for business!

We're pretty much going to stick with motor builds, upgrades and suspension work. We've got fellow enthusiasts/friends who do pretty much everything else in their businesses, so we all send work to each other and "keep it in the family" so to speak.

As for a dyno, I never heard it described better than this. "A dyno is just a one-hundred thousand dollar wrench." We're not interested in a dyno in the slightest. There are several in the city which are in shops were friendly with so its never an issue for us to rent one out for the day. We're starting off small and humble and in five years, we'll see where we stand.
Old 1/22/10, 10:16 PM
FR500 Member

Best of luck on your venture. And bump for progress report.
Old 1/30/10, 11:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Great project you've got there. I love both the Z's and the RB engines That was the only thing I liked on Tokyo drift, the RB powered Mustang
Old 1/31/10, 10:51 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by edumspeed
Great project you've got there. I love both the Z's and the RB engines That was the only thing I liked on Tokyo drift, the RB powered Mustang
Yeah, I had thought about that swap! I was telling the boyfriend we should consider it later since the rb is already build and purple and i'm sure the Mustang wouldn't mind... I will admit though it would look strange with a huge single exhaust, so if we ever did i'd have to make it a dual exhaust just for the looks. For now though, we've settled on just swapping a 5.0 into it in a couple years.
Old 2/1/10, 12:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Best of luck with your shop. Hard times to start a business, but it sounds like you've got a good support system.
Old 2/1/10, 04:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah, I had thought about that swap! I was telling the boyfriend we should consider it later since the rb is already build and purple and i'm sure the Mustang wouldn't mind... I will admit though it would look strange with a huge single exhaust, so if we ever did i'd have to make it a dual exhaust just for the looks. For now though, we've settled on just swapping a 5.0 into it in a couple years.
The single exhaust issue shouldn't be a problem if it's done to a standard Mustang. Just say it only has an inline six w a three inch exhaust.
And the best luck for your business plans.
Opening day party at Antiginis shop!
Old 2/28/10, 10:03 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

HUGE update, though I have no pictures. I will get some soon though.

The rest of the parts to get it running are going to be ordered tomorrow! Since this is our dedicated shop car and is so close to running, we're going to make the time to get it that way. We've just been so busy getting the shop ready everything else has been on the back burner. Maybe it'll be able to make it out to TX2k10.

Last edited by Antigini-GT/CS; 2/28/10 at 10:05 AM.
Old 2/28/10, 10:50 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
holy cow, right on!
Old 2/28/10, 11:13 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds like things are going good! congrats, and keep up the hard work!
Old 2/28/10, 11:42 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

HUGE update, though I have no pictures. I will get some soon though.

The rest of the parts to get it running are going to be ordered tomorrow! Since this is our dedicated shop car and is so close to running, we're going to make the time to get it that way. We've just been so busy getting the shop ready everything else has been on the back burner. Maybe it'll be able to make it out to TX2k10.
I expect an 8X10 sent to the shop for our customers wall
Old 3/2/10, 10:19 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

I expect an 8X10 sent to the shop for our customers wall
Can I expect an Eagle t-shirt in return? I will get you an 8x10 though. I just can't wait to hear it run for the first time though.
Old 3/2/10, 10:21 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Can I expect an Eagle t-shirt in return? I will get you an 8x10 though. I just can't wait to hear it run for the first time though.
If we had shirts, I would hook you up. The last shirt I got is maybe 5 years old! Something about a first crank is magical, and after a few moments when/if nothing breaks it makes it even better.

Quick Reply: My "other" car.