General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

My "other" car.

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/10, 11:22 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EagleStroker
If we had shirts, I would hook you up. The last shirt I got is maybe 5 years old! Something about a first crank is magical, and after a few moments when/if nothing breaks it makes it even better.
Yeah, if something breaks I think we're all just going to go stand in a corner for a while. Then again we've been too **** busy doing everything else!

Check out our Twitter(I swore i'd never twitter before...) www.twitter.com/truestreet I post up pics every now and then and will keep doing so more often when we get more things in. Have a look at the walls..you probably won't have to think so much about where those colors came from.
Old 3/2/10, 08:18 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to disown you for being a tweeter, who would of thunk it though? I really dig the new shop - how long do you expect it to stay that clean?

When it comes to breaking on start up ask me how I know!
Old 3/5/10, 12:08 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

I was able to snap up some pics before my camera died!

This is my favorite shot, though its a bit dark. I don't edit photos, I just take them.

As for that angle...well, there's only one way to get it.

Robert, i've got some professionally shot pictures stored away of it, but those were taken before the motor was in the car, so i'd like to send you one of it in the engine bay. If you happen to like these pics, just let me know so I can send you one this week. By the way, the only thing we ask in return is that you send us a picture back of the picture of Eagle's wall. We'd like to be able to show our hard work on Eagle's wall. I didn't think Jon or anyone else would be excited about it, but they are.

We got the rest of the fuel fittings in! Love those black fittings. We also got the 3"-4" coupler and hopefully the short piece of piping we need will come in tomorrow so that can be taken care of. If you look toward the passenger side you can see just how short the piping is, so the efficiency of the airflow is amazing. We also noted with the intercooler taped off it looks like an oil filter. Hopefully the car will get up in the air this week so the fuel system can get put on!
Old 3/5/10, 10:08 PM
FR500 Member

You plan to retain the stock mechanical fan or will it be replaced with a electric fan later on?
Old 3/7/10, 12:21 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
You plan to retain the stock mechanical fan or will it be replaced with a electric fan later on?
Its a "for now" thing.
Old 3/8/10, 05:29 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Old 3/11/10, 06:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 3/11/10, 10:10 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Well, the guy we were looking to tune the car isn't getting back to us, even though we've been attempting to contact him for a few months now. Hopefully we can find someone who knows every bit of these motors, because we absolutely do not want to settle for less.
Old 3/16/10, 08:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
why didn't you guys use royal purple?

Old 3/19/10, 01:57 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by future9er24
why didn't you guys use royal purple?

That oil was just put in the motor to rotate it a bit since its been sitting for a while, so we didn't need anything expensive. As for oil, i'm not sure what we'll be using exactly.

Project has been put on the back burner for a bit(yet again). We've been busy trying to get some cars ready for a SuperLap at our local(sort of) road course track. Then one of our partners got sick, I got sick and we had a last minute addition to our line-up. Busy week, but i'm not complaining. So hopefully soon we'll have a day where I can lock the boys in the back and get some work done!
Old 4/2/10, 07:45 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Here's a bit of an update for you guys! I've only got two pictures to post, but that's only because I want to keep you all in suspense. Muahaha. Anyway, the car has been up in the air all week and has had hours upon hours of custom fab stuff going on. There's still a bunch of stuff that needs to be done, but we're getting there! I won't say what's next, or what other pics i've already got(there are a few), but these two pictures I have will give you an idea....Enjoy!

An innocent fuel door!

...with a dirty little secret.

Old 4/2/10, 07:51 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Here's a bit of an update for you guys! I've only got two pictures to post, but that's only because I want to keep you all in suspense. Muahaha. Anyway, the car has been up in the air all week and has had hours upon hours of custom fab stuff going on. There's still a bunch of stuff that needs to be done, but we're getting there! I won't say what's next, or what other pics i've already got(there are a few), but these two pictures I have will give you an idea....Enjoy!

An innocent fuel door!

...with a dirty little secret.

Old 4/3/10, 11:59 AM
FR500 Member

Guessing fuel cell in the trunk/spare tire area and maybe a "quick filler" type setup in the rear panel between the tail lights or behind the "Z emblem" (if it has them) on the quarter panel? Plus battery relocation to the rear, given the kill switch behind the factory fuel door.
Old 4/9/10, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

hats off to you!!! amazing....
Old 4/9/10, 11:56 AM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Looks slow to me....
Old 4/9/10, 05:26 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Looks slow to me....

Yeah, it does move pretty slow when you're pushing it...
Old 4/15/10, 10:39 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

What happens when you've got a tank fully prepped and ready to go? A good deal on a 12 gal. fuel cell comes along...

We're almost there! I'll have more pictures soon from the new exciting things going on. The fuel system is in place, the wiring is getting done, the switch panel has been custom made and all we need is time. We're hosting a Nissan/Infinity/Datsun meet here at the shop on the 24th of this month and we want the car running by then. And then after that...well let's just say there's going to be a whole lot of chromoly going into it.
Old 2/13/11, 11:04 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Holy old thread update, Batman!

Well, this project has made progress since I last left off. When I last posted we were about to attempt start up, get all the little things in order and start work on repairing rust and also work on getting a shortened 9 inch in the rear.

As we all know, sometimes life just doesn't go according to plan.

So this past week all of the management items were ordered. Did I mention we decided to go a COMPLETELY different route? Originally it was decided to use the Apex'i PowerFC as management, however I convinced Jonathan to go with the AEM EMS as it is a 100% tunable program, and its just better. Of course considering its twice as good, it also costs twice as much. So out with the old, in with the new!

AEM EMS Series 2. A lot of my pushing to go with AEM was backed by wanting Jonathan himself to tune the car. It'll give us more of an edge since we CAN claim all of the work was 100% ours. Plus, with the AEM we can just plug in and datalog whenever we feel like it or make tweaks on race days and whatnot.

Along with the new management, there's also been a slight change. We are no longer going to use the 240Z. Its a sad day, but we also came to the realization building a drag-only car really won't be too much fun, and we deal more with drifting/road racing. So instead, we're going to use this...

1997 Nissan 240sx SE trim. And yes, its purple.

With this new chassis, all the weight won't be right in front, and we'll be able to road race/time attack, drift and drag race...though no hard launches in drag as its going to retain the IRS.

Custom mounts and custom chromoly driveshaft are going to be ordered Monday morning. After that we'll dive into suspension. From there its wheels, tires and brakes. For stopping power, we're going with the 350Z brembo rotors/calipers since they will just bolt right up. Enkei RPF1's wrapped in Nitto NT01 275's all the way around.

The fuel system has completely changed as well. We won't be using a fuel cell, but instead a pair of the new Deatschwerks 300lph in-tank pumps.

The good thing about using this new car, even though we have to pour a little more into it initially to get everything up and running is in the longrun, it'll be cheaper! This car has no rust on it, the frame is perfect and its so much more diverse. Eventually we'll attach a massive(but functional) wing on it, so big it'll be able to substitute as a bench when not in use. We're also in works for some aero as this car is going to need it.

I'll start posting pictures once we start doing a little more.
Old 2/13/11, 01:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet!
Old 2/13/11, 01:38 PM
FR500 Member

Whoa! Complete 180. Hardly see any S14 240 SX "Kouki" around here - mainly S13s and S14 "Zenki" models. So what will become of the 240Z? Wangan Midnight replica? IMSA replica?
And if you're going to keep it purple, please use a different shade - de Pinoy Pfurple es keeling meh.

Quick Reply: My "other" car.