General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Drove a 2007 Honda Accord LX V6

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/07, 03:55 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Senility? Poor reading skills? I know! You've been Step away from the liquor cabinet!

The entire thrust of your argument in the above posts was, and I quote >>

"The Accord uses just as much hard plastic as an S197 does in it's interior."

"Looks like there's about the same amount of hard plastic in both interiors. If "hard plastic=cheap" and "soft-touch=quality", then the Accord interior is as "cheap" as the Mustang. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc. don't mention the hard plastics in the Accord when they praise the interior. However, a few non-press people have mentioned it:"

I believe it was plastics quality that we were discussing. But once again, you're taking a detour into "out of context" land as you desperately try to win a losing argument.

Old 7/18/07, 04:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

The entire thrust of your argument in the above posts was, and I quote >>

"The Accord uses just as much hard plastic as an S197 does in it's interior."

"Looks like there's about the same amount of hard plastic in both interiors. If "hard plastic=cheap" and "soft-touch=quality", then the Accord interior is as "cheap" as the Mustang. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc. don't mention the hard plastics in the Accord when they praise the interior. However, a few non-press people have mentioned it:"

I believe it was plastics quality that we were discussing. But once again, you're taking a detour into "out of context" land as you desperately try to win a losing argument.

Again, I quote my self from this post, #9 of this topic:

The Accord is a nice car but it's way overrated by the press and the public in general. It has as much hard plastic in the interior as an S197 does but I've never read or heard anyone complain about it. I could feel the engine vibrating the steering column and wheel at idle and yet its supposed to be "refined".
and here, post #20
The conclusion I have come to is that the 2007 Accord is a nice car, but it's overrated. It's quality is very good but not as outstanding as it's made out to be. The Mustang's interior is criticized for having hard plastics and the Accord has just as much hard plastic.
Notice the amazing similarity between what you quoted me on saying and these two posts, which is what I have been saying throughout this entire topic? Please try to keep up.
Old 7/18/07, 05:02 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please try to keep up.
It's hard to keep up with irrationality.

The thrust of this debate has centered around your assertion that, and again, I quote >> "[The Accord] has as much hard plastic in the interior as an S197 does."

That assertion is incorrect.

That's it.
Old 7/18/07, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I rarely post in this section. Now I remember why.
Old 7/18/07, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by exgto
I rarely post in this section. Now I remember why.
Old 7/19/07, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
It's hard to keep up with irrationality.

The thrust of this debate has centered around your assertion that, and again, I quote >> "[The Accord] has as much hard plastic in the interior as an S197 does."

That assertion is incorrect.
That's it.

No, it is correct. I stopped by a Honda dealer on my way home from work last night and looked at 3 Accords with leather seats on the showroom floor, just to refresh my memory and see if the amount of hard plastic in the leather Accord interior is different than the one I drove with the velour seats. The three cars were not different; the amount of hard plastic is the same as I had shown highlighted in the following photo:

And just as I had posted way back when I first started this thread, the hard plastic in the Accords has a smaller, shallower grain pattern than a Mustang's hard plastic. But it's still not "soft-touch" plastic.

So you're denying that the yellow highlighted parts of the Accord interior in the photo above are made of hard plastic?
I drove an Accord for a week about two weeks ago and I just went to a Honda showroom last night and confirmed it with own eyes and hands on three different cars! What are those pieces made of then?How can you live in such a state of denial? And you call me irrational?

I also looked at a few other Hondas there at the showroom to see what their interiors were like. The 2007 Civic coupe I looked at had the dash and door panels entirely made of hard plastic, with no soft inserts at all, unlike the Accord. It also had a weird looking, video game joystick-like e-brake.

I looked at a Ridgeline and it's interior was all hard plastic except for the seats. The Ridgeline interior makes a new F150's interior look like a luxury car in comparison.