General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

DEFEAT BOGUS GAS PRICES!

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigred0383 @ April 18, 2006, 5:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I thought BP was bigger than Exxon/Mobil?
[/b][/quote]

Nope. BP is actually third behind ExxonMobil and ChevronTexaco.
Old 4/19/06, 11:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Many forget oil ain't only for gasoline...

You wanna talk about reducing demand, don't forget:
Electricity Generation, Fertilizers and herbicides, Air conditioners, ammonia, anti-histamines, antiseptics, artificial turf, asphalt, aspirin, balloons, bandages, boats, bottles, bras, bubble gum, butane, cameras, candles, car batteries, car bodies, carpet, cassette tapes, caulking, CDs, chewing gum, cold, combs/brushes, computers, contacts, cortisone, crayons, cream, denture adhesives, deodorant, detergents, dice, dishwashing liquid, dresses, dryers, electric blankets, electrician’s tape, fertilisers, fishing lures, fishing rods, floor wax, footballs, glues, glycerin, golf *****, guitar strings, hair, hair colouring, hair curlers, hearing aids, heart valves, heating oil, house paint, ice chests, ink, insect repellent, insulation, jet fuel, life jackets, linoleum, lip balm, lipstick, loudspeakers, medicines, mops, motor oil, motorcycle helmets, movie film, nail polish, oil filters, paddles, paint brushes, paints, parachutes, paraffin, pens, perfumes, petroleum jelly, plastic chairs, plastic cups, plastic forks, plastic wrap, plastics, plywood adhesives, refrigerators, roller-skate wheels, roofing paper, rubber bands, rubber boots, rubber cement, rubbish bags, running shoes, saccharine, seals, shirts (non-cotton), shoe polish, shoes, shower curtains, solvents, solvents, spectacles, stereos, sweaters, table tennis *****, tape recorders, telephones, tennis rackets, thermos, tights, toilet seats, toners, toothpaste, transparencies, transparent tape, TV cabinets, typewriter/computer ribbons, tyres, umbrellas, upholstery, vaporisers, vitamin capsules, volleyballs, water pipes, water skis, wax, wax paper....
Old 4/19/06, 02:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ April 15, 2006, 4:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
$30 worth of gas last night got me a little over 1/2 tank. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]

ONE gas station in town has it at 2.69

The average around here is $2.79.

Ticks me off royally.
[/b][/quote]
3.03 here...and that was two days ago and for 87 octane..
Old 4/22/06, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

it's funny but Sunoco corp sells its gas to Wawa cheaper than it does to Sunoco stations.

While I don't like the price of gas, there really isn't much I can do about it. I just plan my trips wisely and try to save that way. I also take less congested roads and save a bit more.

For me the gas price problem can be a blessing too. people are driving slower on the highways and car pooling more in my area.
Old 4/22/06, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sick of hearing people bitter about gas prices. Yes, it does affect myself also, but what can we do? Honestly I think that this will not work, I received the e-mail myself also and just laughed at it. Regardless, we will still drive, still pay at the pump for it and continue on with our lives. Driving anymore is essential (i.e. - we need to drive to go to work, etc.), but we have to realize that this essential function is still a luxury that many people don't have. I'm not trying to start any debates or anything, just posting my voice on how I feel about the oil situations.

Matt
Old 4/24/06, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GRAYPNY @ April 17, 2006, 6:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's quite an assumption! Who is going to fight that war? We can't even clean up the mess in New Orleans 3 days after the storm because there aren't any troops around! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thats where conscription comes in.

And it aint all bad for you guys, up in Canada were paying the equivalent of about $4USD per gallon and its coming out of the ground like 50km away from me. Its somehow way cheaper ($3.20) in Hawaii where they have to ship it across the ocean than it is here. And then theres the Europeans, so I dont think you guys got it so bad.
Old 4/24/06, 05:21 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottyBoy302 @ April 24, 2006, 8:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thats where conscription comes in.

And it aint all bad for you guys, up in Canada were paying the equivalent of about $4USD per gallon and its coming out of the ground like 50km away from me. Its somehow way cheaper ($3.20) in Hawaii where they have to ship it across the ocean than it is here. And then theres the Europeans, so I dont think you guys got it so bad.
[/b][/quote]

Ha-ha! It is cheaper here on Oahu only for the time being - on average, our prices have always been higher. If you go to any other island besides Oahu, the price is considerably more. Until there is a viable alternative to fossil fuel, the only reasonable thing that can be done right now is learn to use less or learn to live with higher prices. Yeah, you gotta love those petroleum companies...
Old 4/24/06, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

I was in Honolulu for the last couple weeks, i couldnt remember seeing anyone on these boards from there. I think thats the mustang capital of the world. Im pretty sure i saw more 05+ mustangs in those couple weeks than i have ever seen here, it's absolutely insane. Youre lucky to live there man. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottyBoy302 @ April 24, 2006, 9:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was in Honolulu for the last couple weeks, i couldnt remember seeing anyone on these boards from there. I think thats the mustang capital of the world. Im pretty sure i saw more 05+ mustangs in those couple weeks than i have ever seen here, it's absolutely insane. Youre lucky to live there man. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I would guess that most of those Mustang were rentals.
Old 4/25/06, 03:40 PM
FR500 Member

Mark is correct about the majority of the 05+ Mustangs being rentals. Dealers here ask for way too much, V6 or V8. Personally, I think we're the fart can ricer capital of the U.S. - the "performance sound" drives me insane.
On another note, I hear this is only a taste of things to come as summer draws closer and demand increases. Ouch.
Old 4/25/06, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ April 25, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would guess that most of those Mustang were rentals.
[/b][/quote]

I know they were, we had one.

But a stang by any other name is still a stang. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 01:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ April 18, 2006, 5:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nope. BP is actually third behind ExxonMobil and ChevronTexaco.
[/b][/quote]

You learn something every day. Thanks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 12:03 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> I suggest that we
not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE
AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
[/b][/quote]

Yipee, so Exxon/Mobile will go out of business because some donkey doughnut commodity trader decided to get rich [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Exxon/Mobile's net was only about 10% if that, they made like 8.4 billion net off of an 88 billion gross.

By the time the gas gets to the pumps, the Feds make more off of each gallon of gasoline than the operators do. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

if people want to apply this boycott logic to Exxon/Mobile then any company that makes more than a 10% margin should be subject too. Which would be like, ummmmm, everybody else.
Old 4/28/06, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, Chevron just posted a 49% increase in profit from a year ago. And gas prices are based on futures pricing. It's elementary, my dear Watson.
Old 4/28/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bob @ April 28, 2006, 2:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
if people want to apply this boycott logic to Exxon/Mobile then any company that makes more than a 10% margin should be subject too. Which would be like, ummmmm, everybody else.
[/b][/quote]

Finally, someone who hasn't fallen victim to the endless pandering. This gas price business is election year politics at its finest.